Get All the Important Current Affairs of 11th Dec 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 11th Dec 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 11th Dec 2021
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Charter Day is observed
annually on 8th December to commemorate the adoption of the SAARC Charter.
The charter was signed by the Leaders of SAARC Countries Heads of State or
Government at the First SAARC Summit held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 8 December 1985.
▪ South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC):
▪ Founded: 8 December 1985
▪ Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
▪ Current Chair: Nepal
▪ Secretary-General: Esala Ruwan Weerakoon (Sri Lanka)
December 10 every year is observed as International Human Rights Day
- The day marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nations on 10 December 1948.
- Theme 2021: “Equality – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights.
Bharti Airtel and Invest India, National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency
jointly launched ‘Airtel India Startup Innovation Challenge’ for Startups to develop
solutions in 5G, IoT.
Under the Startup Innovation Challenge, early-stage technology companies are being
invited to demonstrate differentiated solutions in areas such as 5G, Cloud computing,
Internet of Things (IoT), and digital entertainment.
▪ Founded: 1995
▪ Headquarters: New Delhi, India
▪ Chairman: Sunil Bharti
▪ MD & CEO: Mittal Gopal Vittal
- Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s premier communications solutions provider, and Tatagroup announced a strategic partnership for implementing 5G network solutions for India.
- Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s premier communications solutions provider, and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced their collaboration for accelerating 5G in India.
Fortune India released the list of most powerful women in India 2021
Union Minister, Ministry of Finance & Ministry of Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman
|1||Nirmala Sitharaman (62)||Union Ministry, Ministry of Finance|
|2||Nita Ambani (58)||Reliance Foundation Chairperson|
and Goodwill Ambassador
|Chief Scientist, World Health|
|Executive Chairperson, Biocon|
|5||Suchitra Ella (58)||Co-founder and Joint MD, Bharat|
Biotech International Ltd
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the continuation of
Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) beyond March 2021 till March 2024.
▪ Under this, financial assistance is to be provided for the construction of the remaining
155.75 lakh houses within total target of 2.95 crore houses.
▪ The outlay for the construction of remaining houses will be 2,17,257 crores with Central
Share Rs.1,25,106 crore and State Share Rs. 73,475 crores.
State in News
Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive
Scheme‘ in Dehradun.
▪ The scheme is aimed to provide incentives benefiting around 53,000 people of
Uttarakhand. The state government is targeting to spend INR 444.62 crore to open 500
milk sales centers in Uttarakhand.
▪ It is a Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) scheme, the amount under the scheme would go
directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries through their linked bank accounts.
▪ Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
▪ Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
▪ Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Nainital district of Uttarakhand, a first of its kind botanical garden named ‘Shivalik Arboretum’ has been inaugurated, for conserving over 210 species of trees found in the Shivalik range of Himalayas.
- India’s first pollinator park has been developed at Haldwani in Nainital, of the state of Uttarakhand.
- India’s first Moss Garden has been unveiled at Nainital district of Uttarakhand.
- ITBP has established a ‘Water Sports and Adventure Institute (WSAI)’ near Tehri Dam Reservoir in Uttarakhand.
- India’s highest altitude herbal park has been inaugurated at Mana village in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
- India’s first ‘grass conservatory’ or ‘germplasm conservation centre’ spread over an area of 2 acres was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Almora district of Uttarakhand.
- Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme‘ in Dehradun.
Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL), has gained the central bank’s approval
to function as a scheduled payments bank
▪ The bank has been included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act,
1934. Apart from Paytm, Fino Payments Bank and India Post Payments Bank have also
been included in the second schedule.
▪ Being a Scheduled, can take part in primary auctions, fixed-rate and variable rate repos,
and reverse repos, along with participation in Marginal Standing Facility.
▪ About Paytm Payments Bank:
▪ Founded: 2015
▪ Headquarters: Noida, India
▪ Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Senior Women’s National Football Championship
- Manipur successfully defended their Senior Women’s National Football Championship crown after a dramatic penalty shootout win over Railways in the final at the EMS Stadium in Kozhikode, Kerala.
- After a dearth of goal-scoring chances in regulation and extra time, the match went to penalties with the scores at 0-0.
- Microsoft has launched a cybersecurity skilling program with the goal of training over 1 lakh learners by 2022 to address the skills gap and prepare India’s workforce for a career in cybersecurity.
- The program is meant to give students hands-on experience with security, compliance, and identity fundamentals.
- Microsoft’s global skilling program, which aims to help 25 million individuals learn new digital skills throughout the world.
▪ In India, almost 3 million individuals have been trained through this project.
▪ Microsoft CEO and Chairman: Satya Nadella;
▪ Microsoft Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States.
BYJU’S announced a 2-year partnership with Olympic medalists Neeraj Chopra and PV
Sindhu as the brand ambassadors for Disney BYJU’S Early Learn app.
▪ Javelin thrower, Neeraj Chopra is a Gold medallist and Badminton player, PV Sindhu is
a Bronze medallist from 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
▪ The Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App has taken Disney-licensed characters for its early
learning app for younger children aged between 6-8 years.
Founder: Byju Raveendran
Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
Books and Author
An autobiography titled ‘At Home In The Universe’ by Bala Krishna Madhur was released
by R.C. Sinha, IAS (Rtd), advisor to the Ministry of Road Development in Mumbai,
▪ The book is the autobiography of B K Madhur, a former Chief Executive Officer at DHFL
Property Services Ltd, and one of the key personalities in establishing Dewan Housing.
▪ The book offers an inside view into the policy environment in the 1980s and 1990s in
the Housing Finance Sector.
Current Affairs 11th Dec 2021 – MCQs
Q. Who has been appointed as Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and
Industry (FICCI) President.
(a) Arun Chawla
(b) Dilip Chenoy
(c) Sanjiv Mehta
(d) Arun Mishra
(e) Vivek Johri
Answer: Option C
▪ Sanjiv Mehta, Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited
▪ He will be succeeding Uday Shankar
Arun Chawla named as Director-General of FICCI
FICCI projects 9.1% GDP growth for FY22
▪ FICCI Founded: 1927;
▪ FICCI Headquarters: New Delhi;
▪ FICCI Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy
Q. Which bank has partnered with Flipkart to offer an instant and digital overdraft
(OD) facility of up to 25 lakh to individual sellers and businesses registered on Flipkart?
(a) HDFC Bank
(b) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(c) Yes Bank
(d) ICICI Bank
(e) Axis Bank
Answer: Option D
▪ The OD Facility is enabled by Application Programming Interface (API) and the process
from application to sanction to disbursement is completely digital.
▪ Sellers having a current account with ICICI Bank can immediately avail OD and Customers
of any bank can also avail of ODs from ICICI Bank if they are registered as sellers with
▪ Founded: 1955 (Incorporated in 1994)
▪ MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
▪ Chairperson: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
▪ Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka
Q. Which junior hockey team has won the 12th Men’s FIH Junior Hockey World Cup
2021 held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha?
Answer: Option B
12th Men’s FIH Junior Hockey World Cup 2021 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
▪ Argentina junior men’s hockey team defeated Germany by 4-2 in the final of 2021
Men’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup (WC) to clinch their second Junior Men’s Hockey WC
title at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
▪ This was held from November 24, 2021 to December 5, 2021.
▪ Third place was clinched by France after defeating India by 3-1 in the Bronze medal
Q. Which Bank in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India
(NPCI) and its manufacturing partner Seshaasai has announced the launch of RuPay On the-Go contactless wearable keychain for its debit card customers.
(a) UCO Bank
(b) Indian Bank
(c) City Union Bank
(d) DCB Bank
(e) SBM Bank
Answer: Option C
▪ This contactless wearable keychain will be part of their daily lifestyle and enable
customers to tap and make cashless payments securely.
▪ Payments up to ₹5,000 at all Rupay-enabled PoS without entering a PIN.
▪ City Union Bank Founded: 1904
▪ Headquarters: Kumbakonam
▪ CEO: N. Kamakodi
Q. Which tennis team has won the Davis Cup tennis tournament 2021, held in
(e) United States
Answer: Option B
▪ Davis Cup 2021 was won by Russian Tennis Federation by a 2-0 lead over Croatia in the
Davis Cup final in Madrid.
▪ Medvedev defeated Marin Cilic in the second singles match to give Russia an
insurmountable 2-0 lead over Croatia and its first Davis Cup title since 2006.
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 11th Dec 2021.