Get All the Important Current Affairs of 13th Dec 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 13th Dec 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 13th Dec 2021
International Mountain Day is observed globally on December 11 every year.
The day is celebrated to create awareness about the importance of mountains to life, to
highlight the opportunities and constraints in mountain development and to build
alliances that will bring positive change to mountain peoples and environments around
▪ The theme of this year’s International Mountain Day (IMD) on 11 December will
be sustainable mountain tourism.
▪ The day was established by the UN General Assembly in 2003 to encourage the
sustainable development of mountains.
9th edition of India Skills Report (ISR) 2022, released by Wheebox
Maharashtra has retained the top position in the list of states with the highest poll of
employable talent followed by Uttar Pradesh and Kerala.
The theme of ISR 2022 – ‘Rebuilding and Reengineering the Future of Work’.
India Skills Report is a full-fledged report about the future of work, education, and
skilling to match the talent demand and supply in a growing India.
▪ Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu are the 3 states that have a higher job
▪ Pune is the city with the most highly employable resources with 78% of the test takers
scoring above 60 per cent.
Daily Current Affairs @8AM Live
Federal Bank has entered into a Bancassurance partnership with Star Health and Allied
Insurance Co Ltd as a corporate agent to provide health insurance products for the
Bank’s 8.90 million customers across India.
The Bank’s customers can avail benefits of Star Health’s retail products and group
affinity products through the bank’s various distribution channels which help the
customers to address their complete financial needs under one roof
▪ Federal Bank Establishment: April 23, 1931;
▪ Federal Bank Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala;
▪ Federal Bank Managing Director & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan;
▪ Federal Bank Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner.
Life Insurance Corporation of India has received approval from the Reserve Bank of
India to increase its stake to 99 percent in IndusInd Bank of the total issued and paid-up
capital of the private sector lender.
The approval will be valid for 1 year i.e., up to December 8, 2022. At present, LIC holds a
4.95 percent stake in the IndusInd Bank.
Recently, LIC had also received a similar kind of approval from RBI to increase its stake
in Kotak Mahindra Bank to 9.99 percent.
▪ Founded: 1994
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
▪ MD & CEO: Sumant Kathpalia
▪ Tagline: We Make You Feel Richer
Bank of Baroda signed an MoU with Centrum Housing Finance Limited (CHFL) for
sourcing and financing housing loan borrowers under Co-Lending
Model (CLM) mechanism.
The Bank will penetrate deep into the markets of tier 2 & tier 3 cities at very competitive
▪ Bank extends upto of 1000 crore as Housing finance in one financial year.
▪ Founded: 20 July 1908
▪ Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
▪ Managing Director & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
▪ Tagline: India’s International Bank
▪ Amalgamated Banks: Dena Bank & Vijaya Bank in 2019
Bank of Baroda, announced that the bank has Ranked #1 with a total of 86% marks on
the scorecard issued by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
U GRO Capital, a non-bank financier, and state-owned Bank of Baroda have partnered
for co-lending to the micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) sector.
Karnataka Bank has been conferred with two DigiDhan awards instituted by the Union
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
The awards were given during Digital payment Utsav in New Delhi.
▪ The award recognized banks for achieving the target with the highest percentage in
BHIM-UPI transactions under the private sector bank category consecutively for two
years 2019-20 and 2020-21.
▪ Headquarters: Mangalore
▪ CEO: Mahabaleshwara M. S
▪ Founded: 18 February 1924
Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved Rs.2653.05 crore (USD 350 million) policy-based
loan to improve urban services in India.
This loan supports the policies formulated by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
(MoHUA) to benefit the urban poor, economically weaker section, and low-income
ADB will also provide knowledge and advisory support to MoHUA in program
implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
NITI Aayog has planned to establish 1000 Atal Tinkering Laboratories in Jammu and
▪ Out of 1000 Atal Tinkering Laboratories, 187 will be established by the end of the
financial year 2021-22.
▪ Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) is a sub-mission under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of the
Central Government in India. It is the flagship initiative of AIM, that seeks to nurture an
innovative mindset amongst high school students across India.
▪ Formed: 1 January 2015
▪ Headquarters: New Delhi
▪ Chairperson: Narendra Modi
Haiderpur Wetland abutting the Madhya Ganga barrage, about 10 km from Bijnor in
western Uttar Pradesh, has been recognised under the 1971 Ramsar Convention on
▪ Uttar Pradesh is now home to 9 Ramsar wetlands.
▪ The wetland has also been identified under Namami Gange, a central flagship, as a
model wetland along the Ganga.
▪ With this, there are now a total of 47 such designated areas in the country
IMD World Competitive Centre published its “World Talent Ranking Report”
Europe has dominated the ranking in 2021. Global top 10 countries are from this region.
▪ Switzerland has retained its top spot.
▪ India has been ranked at 56th position.
▪ Taiwan has been ranked at third place in Asia while at 16th place In Asia, Taiwan has
been ranked behind Hong Kong (11) and Singapore (12) but ahead of South Korea (34),
China (36), and Japan (39).
US President Joe Biden is hosting the first of two Summits for Democracy, which takes
place virtually between December 9–10.
▪ India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addressed the summit saying
that ‘democratic spirit’ and ‘pluralistic ethos’ are ingrained in Indians. A total of 100
nations participated in this ‘Summit for Democracy’.
▪ Even Ukraine and Taiwan were invited to the summit but Russia and China were not.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Catherine Russell as the head of
UN children’s agency UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund.
Catherine Russell is an assistant to US President Joe Biden.
▪ She also heads the White House Office of Presidential Personnel.
▪ Russell will succeed Henrietta Fore, who resigned in July 2021 because of a family health
▪ About UNICEF:
▪ Founded: 11 December 1946, New York, United States
▪ Headquarters: New York, USA
▪ President: Tore Hattrem
Q. Which state’s Chief Minister has launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme‘?
(d) West Bengal
(e) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: Option C
▪ The scheme is aimed to provide incentives benefiting around 53,000 people of
Uttarakhand. The state government is targeting to spend INR 444.62 crore to open 500
milk sales centres in Uttarakhand.
▪ It is a Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) scheme, the amount under the scheme would go
directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries through their linked bank accounts.
▪ Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
▪ Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
▪ Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
Q. Which organization has launched “e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition” in
partnership with Convergence Energy Service Limited (CESL), World Resources Institute,
India (WRI India)?
a) National Development Council
b) NITI Aayog
c) Tata Motors
d) Maruti Suzuki
e) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
f) IIT Madras
Answer: Option B
Aim: To share knowledge of various stakeholders – Central & State Govt. agencies,
transit service providers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), on accelerating
the process towards seamless adoption of e-bus services in India.
E-Amrit web portal has been developed and is hosted by NITI Aayog as a part of a
collaborative knowledge exchange programme with the UK government.
Q. Bharti Airtel has partnered with which organization to launch ‘Airtel India
Startup Innovation Challenge’ for startups to develop solutions in 5G, IoT?
(a) NITI Aayog
(b) Invest India
(c) National Development Council
(d) Common Service Centres
(e) Larsen & Toubro
Answer: Option B
▪ Under the Startup Innovation Challenge, early-stage technology companies are being
invited to demonstrate differentiated solutions in areas such as 5G, Cloud computing,
Internet of Things (IoT), and digital entertainment.
▪ Founded: 1995
▪ Headquarters: New Delhi, India
▪ Chairman: Sunil Bharti
▪ MD & CEO: Mittal Gopal Vittal
Q. Who among the following has ranked first in Fortune India’s list of most powerful
women in India 2021?
(a) Nirmala Sitharaman
(b) Nita Ambani
(c) Soumya Swaminathan
(d) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
(e) Suchitra Ella
Answer: Option A
|1||Nirmala Sitharaman||Union Ministry, Ministry of Finance|
|2||Nita Ambani||Reliance Foundation Chairperson and|
|3||Soumya Swaminathan||Chief Scientist, World Health|
|4||Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw||Executive Chairperson, Biocon|
|5||Suchitra Ella||Co-founder and Joint MD, Bharat|
Biotech International Ltd
Q. SAARC Charter Day is observed annually on _____________________.
a) 8 December
b) 9 December
c) 7 December
d) 10 December
e) 12 December
Answer: Option A
▪ The charter was signed by the Leaders of SAARC Countries Heads of State or
Government at the First SAARC Summit held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 8 December 1985.
▪ South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC):
▪ Founded: 8 December 1985
▪ Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
▪ Current Chair: Nepal
▪ Secretary-General: Esala Ruwan Weerakoon (Sri Lanka)
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 13th Dec 2021.