Get All the Important Current Affairs of 19th Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 19th Nov 2021.
Daily Current Affairs 19th Nov 2021
National Newborn Week is observed every year from 15 to 21 November.
- Purpose: to reinforce the importance of newborn health as a key priority area of the
- health sector and reduce the infant mortality rate by improving healthcare conditions for babies in the neonatal period.
- The theme of National Newborn Week 2021 is ‘Safety, quality and nurturing care – birth right of every newborn’.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered keynote address at The Sydney Dialogue on
November 18, 2021 via video conferencing.
- PM addressed the event on the theme ‘India’s technology evolution and revolution’.
- The Sydney Dialogue has been organized from November 17-19, 2021 by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.
- The event will bring together political, business and government leaders to debate, generate new ideas and work towards common understandings of the opportunities and challenges posed by emerging and critical technologies.
State in News
Union Minister of Heavy Industries Mahendra Nath Pandey inaugurated the first air
pollution control tower of the state of Uttar Pradesh in Noida on November 17, 2021.
- The Air Pollution Control Tower (APCT) prototype has been developed by state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel).
- The indigenously developed APCT is set up between the DND flyway and the slip road to Noida Expressway.
- The tower will help to mitigate the rising air pollution problem in the city.
President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind visited Sui village in Bhiwani district of
Haryana on November 17, 2021 to inaugurate various public facilities in the village.
- This village is being developed as Adarsh Gram (Model village) by Mahadevi Parameshwaridas Jindal Charitable Trust under Swa-Prerit Adarsh Gram Yojana (SPAGY) scheme of Haryana Government.
- The Jindal trust has undertaken developmental works of over Rs 25 crore to transform Sui into an ADARSH VILLAGE.
- It must be noted that Bhiwani is the first district in India where two Presidents have visited. Prior to this President APJ Abdul Kalam visited Bhiwani in 2007.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a series of Tribal Welfare programs on his
visit to Madhya Pradesh.
- PM Modi launched a welfare scheme named ‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme & ‘Sickle Cell Mission’ of Madhya Pradesh.
- He also laid the foundation stone for the construction of 50 new Eklavya Model Residential Schools across India.
- The Indian Government decided to celebrate 15th November as the ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas’ or ‘Tribal Gaurav Diwas’, every year starting from 2021.
Union Minister, Piyush Goyal virtually launched India’s first Digital Food Museum in
Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- It is a 1,860-sqft museum co-developed by the Food Corporation of India (FCI) and Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museums, Bengaluru (Karnataka) with an estimated outlay of Rs 1.1 crore.
- This museum showcases the Indian food evolution from nomadic hunter-gatherers into settled agriculture producers.
Banking and Financial News
Paytm Money, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Paytm, has launched ‘Voice Trading’, powered by artificial intelligence (AI).
- It will allow users to place a trade or get information about stocks via single voice command.
- This voice command feature uses neural networks and natural language processing (NLP) to allow instant processing.
- This service has been launched in line with Paytm Money’sefforts to offer next-gen and AI-driven tech to elevate user experience.
Private lender Kotak Mahindra Bank and Multichain operator PVR Ltd. launched
India’s 1st Co-branded movie Debit card named ‘Kotak PVR Movie Debit Card’.
The cardholders will receive joining vouchers and earn points on every transaction on the
debit card (at PVR and outside PVR as well), with no upper limit on the points earned.
Kotak Mahindra Bank in News
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMBL) has received approval from the Government of India for collection of direct and indirect taxes, such as income tax, Goods and Services Tax (GST) etc, through its banking network.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a platform named ‘Neo Collections’, which is a Do-ItYourself Digital Repayment Platform for missed loan repayments.
- Indian Navy has signed a MoU with Kotak Mahindra for salary accounts of all its personnel – both serving and retired.
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) got the award for the best ‘Digital Financial
Services’, in line with India’s vision of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, under the ‘Regional Rural
Banks’ (RRBs) category by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of
- Around 40 villages in Karnataka are converted into 100% digital villages by the KVGB bank.
- These efforts are encouraging villagers to use digital mode for transactions.
India has been re-elected to the Executive Board of UNESCO for the term 2021-25 on
November 17, 2021.
- India received 164 votes to get re-elected to four-year term of office.
- Apart from India, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Cook Islands and China have also been elected in Group IV Asian and Pacific States category.
- UNESCO Executive Board consists of 58 member-states each with a four-year term of office.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Paris, France
Ministry of Finance has extended the tenure of Sanjay Kumar Mishra, the Director
of Enforcement Directorate (ED), for one year until November 18, 2022.
- Mishra’s extension comes following the introduction of The Central Vigilance Commission Amendment Ordinance 2021.
- This is the second extension being given to Mishra. His first extended tenure was ending on November 18, 2021.
- Mishra was first time appointed as the ED director for a period of two years on November 19, 2018
United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres appointed Shombi Sharp of
the United States (US), a sustainable development expert, as the UN Resident
Coordinator in India.
He will lead the UN team in India, and work towards India’s Covid-19 response plans to
recover better for the Sustainable Development Goals. Prior to this, he served as the
United Nations Resident Coordinator in Armenia.
▪ Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
▪ Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
▪ Secretary general: António Guterres
Books and Author
A book titled ‘The Disruptor: How Vishwanath Pratap Singh Shook India’ was authored
by Debashish Mukerji.
- The book presents a detailed account on India’s eighth Prime Minister (PM), Vishwanath Pratap Singh (V P Singh), who served as PM between December 1989 to November 1990.
- He also served as the Defence Minister of India & the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
A book titled “Unshackling India: Hard Truths and Clear Choices for Economic
Revival” authored by Ajay Chhibber and Salman Anees Soz.
The new book examines whether India can use the next 25 years, when it will reach the hundredth year of independence, to not only restructure its economy but rejuvenate its
democratic energy and unshackle its potential to become a genuinely developed
economy by 2047.
Current Affairs 19th Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of kids’ footwear brand
(a) Amitabh Bachchan
(b) Mohammed Siraj
(c) Daniel Brühl
(d) Lovlina Borgohain
(e) Rahul Dravid
Answer: Option E
▪ Children’s footwear brand Plaeto has announced the appointment of celebrated Indian
cricketer Rahul Dravid as its brand ambassador and mentor.
▪ Plaeto is India’s first D2C foot-health focused footwear brand designed specifically for
Indian children. Plaeto was founded in March 2020 by Ravi Kallayil, Sara Kilgore and
Q. Which organization has launched ‘WePOWER India Partnership Forum’ to boost
women participation in energy sector?
a) World Bank and IMF
b) World Bank and AIIB
c) World Bank and ADB
d) ADB and AIIB
e) ADB and NDB
Answer: Option C
▪ The event was organised by the World Bank and Asian Development Bank (ADB) in
partnership with the India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF).
▪ The objective of the forum was to scale up the South Asia Women in Power Sector
Professional Network (WePOWER) in India.
▪ The WePOWER was launched in February 2019 jointly by the World Bank and the Asian
Development Bank (ADB).
Q. Who has won KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2021 for tackling
pollution from household waste?
(a) Greta Thunberg
(b) Sadat Rahman
(c) Nav Agarwal
(d) K Mahashweta
(e) Aishwarya Sridhar
Answer: Option C
▪ Two Delhi-based Indian teenage brothers Vihaan and Nav Agarwal have won the 17th
annual KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize 2021 for tackling pollution from
household waste to achieve the goal of ‘Zero Waste India’.
▪ The prize includes a grant for their education and 100,000 euros for their project.
▪ The duo received the award by Indian Nobel Peace Prize laureate Kailash Satyarthi in The
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 19th Nov 2021.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.