Get All the Important Current Affairs of 23rd Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 23rd Nov 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 23rd Nov 2021
World Television Day is commemorated on 21 November every year.
- The day is a reminder of the power of visual media and how it helps in shaping public opinion and influencing world politics.
- The 21 November was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in December 1996, because the first World Television Forum was held in 1996.
- Philo Farnsworth, an American inventor who developed the first all electronic television system
World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is marked every year on Third
Sunday in the month of November.
- In 2021, World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims falls on 21 November 2021.
- Purpose – to remember those killed and injured on the roads, together with their families, friends, and others affected.
- Theme 2021 – “ACT for LOW SPEEDS /ACT for LOW SPEED STREETS”
- The day was started by the British road crash victim charity, RoadPeace, in 1993 and was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2005.
World Fisheries Day is celebrated on 21 November every year by fishing communities
across the world.
- It highlights the importance of healthy oceans ecosystems and to ensure sustainable stocks of fisheries in the world.
- The first World Fisheries Day was celebrated on November 21, 2015.
- India’s first fisheries business incubator launched in Gurugram Haryana
- Prime Minister has set target to achieve 22 million tonnes of fish production and export to the tune of Rs one lakh crore by 2025.
State in News
Madhya Pradesh government cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
approved the Mukhya Mantri Udyam Kranti Yojana to connect educated youths of the
State with self-employment.
- The benefit of the scheme will be available to the minimum 12th class pass youths of the State between the ages of 18 to 40 years.
- Youths can set up industry, service or business by the loans under the scheme at low interest rates through banks.
Recent Madhya Pradesh govt schemes:
▪ Launchpad Scheme
▪ Pankh Abhiyan
▪ Sickle Cell Mission
▪ Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana
▪ Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojna
State Bank of India signed a strategic agreement with Jamshedpur Football Club, a fully
owned subsidiary of Tata Steel, to promote and support football in India.
- This is the first of its kind of agreement by SBI in the game of football.
- Through this agreement, the SBI will become one of the principal sponsors of the JFC, thereby having the SBI logo on Jersey.
- The JRD Tata Sports Complex was set up in Jharkhand by Tata Steels, to conduct ISL (Indian Super League) and promote the sport of Football in India.
▪ Founded: 1 July 1955
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai
▪ Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
SBI in News
SBI General Insurance made a technological partnership with Google Pay to enable users to buy SBI General’s health insurance on the Google Pay app.
- SBI has announced the launch of SBI’s NAV-eCash card on INS Vikramaditya, the largest naval aircraft carrier of India.
- State Bank of India has launched a video life certificate service for pensioners. This new facility will allow pensioners to submit their life certificates via video from their homes.
- Former Chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI) Rajnish Kumar has come out with his memoir titled ‘The Custodian of Trust – A Banker’s Memoir’.
State Bank of India signed a co-lending agreement in line with RBI guidelines with the
U-GRO Capital, the Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
- Through this collaboration, SBI and U GRO Capital will disburse up to Rs 500 crore loans to MSME sector by March 2022.
- The SBI assigned U GRO Capital as its first co-lending partner for its ‘Sanjeevani programme’ to finance MSMEs.
- It will offer loans up to INR 3 crore at a competitive rate of interest.
About U GRO Capital:
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
▪ CMD: Shachindra Nath
State Bank of India (SBI) economists in its research report – Ecowrap, has revised
upwards the GDP growth projection for India to range of 9.3%-9.6% for FY22 (2021-22).
- Earlier this was estimated in the range of 8.5%-9%.
- The reason for the upward revision is decline in the number of COVID cases.
RBI in News
Working Group on Digital Lending including Lending through Online Platforms and
Mobile Apps, which was constituted by the RBI, has submitted its report.
- RBI had set a WG on Digital Lending including Lending through Online Platforms and Mobile Apps, with Jayant Kumar Dash, Executive Director, RBI, as the Chairman to study all aspects of digital lending activities in the regulated financial sector as well as by unregulated players.
- In the near term, the WG suggested setting up a nodal agency in consultation with stakeholders to verify the technological credentials of the Digital Lending Apps (DLAs) of the balance sheet lenders and Lending Service Providers (LSPs) operating in the digital lending ecosystem.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi attended the 56th Conference of Director Generals of
Police (DGP) and Inspector Generals of Police (IGP) organised at Police Headquarters
in Lucknow on November 20, 2021.
- The two-day meet has been organised by the Intelligence Bureau (IB) in hybrid format.
- The conference was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- Over 250 officers in the rank of DGP and IGP of all states and UTs and Heads of Central
- Armed Police Forces and Central Police Organisations are taking part in the meet.
- Some important issues that will be deliberated at the conference includes cyber crime, data governance, counter terrorism challenges, left wing extremism, emerging trends in narcotics trafficking, prison reforms among others.
Veteran actress Hema Malini and lyrics writer Prasoon Joshi have been conferred with
the Indian Personality of the Year award for 2021.
- The duo were honoured at the 52nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa on November 20, 2021. The event will continue till November 28 2021.
- Prasoon Joshi is the incumbent Chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification
- Apart from the above, legendary filmmakers Martin Scorsese and Istevan Szabo were honoured with the inaugural Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award.
India’s one of the best-selling authors, Anita Desai has been conferred with the Tata
Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award for 2021 to recognise her long literary career
which spans over 50 years.
- Meanwhile, the Poet Laureate award for 2021 has been conferred upon Indian poet Adil Jussawala.
- Both these awards are presented to recognise exceptional work which has made a significant impact in the Indian literary field.
- The Twelfth edition of Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai Litfest was organised from November 18th to 21st 2021.
President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind presented the Swachh Survekshan Awards
2021 at the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav organised by the Ministry of Housing and Urban
Affairs in New Delhi on November 20, 2021.
- Once again, Indore has been adjudged as the cleanest city of India for the fifth consecutive year.
- Indore is followed by Surat in Gujarat at second place and Vijaywada in Andhra Pradesh in the third positions.
- 2021 is the 6th edition of Swachh Survekshan awards in which as many as 4,320 cities were surveyed.
- The cities are ranked based on three parameters, which are service level progress (SLP), certifications and citizen’s voice.
Swachh Survekshan Awards 2021
Complete List of Award Winning Cities
1. Cleanest city – Indore
2. Cleanest Ganga town – Varanasi
3. Cleanest State (with more than 100 urban local bodies)- Chhattisgarh
4. Cleanest State (with less than 100 urban local bodies)- Jharkhand
5. Cleanest City (with less than one lakh population) – Vita city of Maharashtra
6. Cleanest small city (1-3 lakh population) – New Delhi Municipal Council
7. Cleanest medium city (3-10 lakh population) – Noida
8. Cleanest big city’ (10-40 lakh population) – Navi Mumbai
9. Cleanest cantonment board – Ahmedabad cantonment
10. Cleanest district – Surat
11. Fastest Mover small city – Hoshangawad, Madhya Pradesh
12. Best Small City in Citizens’ Feedback – Triputi, Maharashtra
13. Top city in Safaimitra Suraksha Challenge- Navi Mumbai
Ranking and Index
- Sadar Bazar police station in Delhi has been ranked as the best police station of India for the year 2021 by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The list of the top 10 police stations in India is released annually by the Ministry of Home
- Affairs to rank the police stations in terms of the services and facilities available at the police station.
- The performance review of police stations were carried out by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD).
List of Top 5 Police Stations in India
1. Sadar Bazar police station – north district of Delhi
2. Gangapur police station – Ganjam district of Odisha
3. Bhattu Kalan police station – Fatehabad district of Haryana
4. Valpoi police station – North Goa
5. Manvi police station – Raichur district of Karnataka
Current Affairs 23rd Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Which bank, in association with PVR Ltd, has launched India’s 1st Co-branded
movie Debit card?
(a) IDFC Bank
(b) RBL Bank
(c) Yes Bank
(d) ICICI Bank
(e) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer: Option E
Private lender Kotak Mahindra Bank and Multichain operator PVR Ltd. launched
India’s 1st Co-branded movie Debit card named ‘Kotak PVR Movie Debit Card’.
▪ Founded: 2003
▪ Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
▪ MD & CEO: Uday Kotak
▪ Tagline: Let’s make money simple
Q. Which bank has got the ASSOCHAM award for Best Digital Financial Services under
the ‘Regional Rural Banks’ (RRBs) category?
(a) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
(b) Aryavart Bank
(c) Canara Bank
(d) Kerala Gramin Bank
(e) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: Option A
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB): Associated Chambers of Commerce and
Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
▪ Around 40 villages in Karnataka are converted into 100% digital villages by the KVGB
▪ These efforts are encouraging villagers to use digital mode for transactions.
▪ Founded: 2005
▪ Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
▪ Chairman: Gopikrishna
Q. Who has been appointed as the UN Resident Coordinator in India by the United
Nations Secretary General, Antonio Guterres?
(a) Najla Bouden Romdhane
(b) Shombi Sharp
(c) Alexander Schellenberg
(d) Jonas Gahr Store
(e) Jim Lanzone
Answer: Option B
▪ United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres appointed Shombi Sharp of
the United States (US), a sustainable development expert, as the UN Resident
Coordinator in India.
▪ He will lead the UN team in India, and work towards India’s Covid-19 response plans to
recover better for the Sustainable Development Goals.
▪ Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
▪ Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
▪ Secretary general: António Guterres
Q. India got re-elected recently to the Executive Board of the which organization
with 164 votes for a 4-year term, starting from 2021-25?
(a) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
(b) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
(c) United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
(d) United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
(e) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer: Option E
India received 164 votes to get re-elected to a four-year term of office.
Apart from India, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Cook Islands and China have also been
elected in Group IV Asian and Pacific States category.
UNESCO Executive Board consists of 58 member-states each with a four-year term of
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – Paris, France
Q. Which state government has launched the ‘Duare Ration’ (ration at doorstep)
(d) West Bengal
(e) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: Option D
▪ West Bengal government launched the ‘Duare Ration’ (ration at doorstep) scheme which
will benefit around 10 crores of people of the state.
▪ For this scheme, the government will be spending Rs. 160 crores.
The scheme was launched by the WB Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee by flagging off
vehicles that will deliver the ration.
Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 23rd Nov 2021.