ESIC UDC exam is an all-India level competitive exam that the Employees State Insurance Corporation conducts. ESIC is an autonomous corporation within the Ministry of Labour and Employment of the Government of India, as constituted under the ESI Act. The corporation can open hospitals on its own or in partnership with the state government or other private enterprises, but the respective state governments administer the majority of dispensaries and hospitals.
SBI PO exam is an exam conducted by the State Bank of India for the post of Probationary Officer and is considered one of the most sought out exams of SBI. Candidates can join the entry-level position and use it to grow in their banking careers. Continue reading for the ESIC UDC vs SBI PO comparison and other important details.
Table of Contents
- ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
- ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Selection Process
- ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Job Profile
- Frequently Asked Questions
ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
|ESIC UDC||SBI PO|
|In the case of ESIC UDC, the minimum age required is 18 years, whereas the maximum age for an applicant of ESIC UDC can be 27 years||In the case of SBI PO, the minimum age required is 21 years. However, in the case of maximum age, it can be 30 years.|
Age relaxation for different categories of candidates
|Category of candidates||ESIC UDC||SBI PO|
|SC||5 years||5 years|
|ST||5 years||5 years|
|OBC||3 years||3 years|
|PwDs||10 years||10 years for UR PwD13 years for OBC PwD15 years for SC/ST PWD|
|ESIC UDC||SBI PO|
|Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institute in the relevant discipline and a basic understanding of computers.|
An equivalent qualification or a degree from a renowned university.
Knowing how to utilize a computer, particularly office suites and database systems, is essential.
|A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in any discipline.|
Candidates in their last semester are also allowed to apply provisionally.
However, the candidate must have documentation of graduate degree completion at the time of the interview.
ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Vacancy
ESIC UDC Vacancy Details
The details have been given state wise in the table below-
|States||Number of Vacancies|
|West Bengal & Sikkim||113|
SBI PO Vacancy Details
The details are given category wise in the table below-
|Category of Candidates||Number of Vacancies|
|SC||300 plus 24 backlog|
|ST||150 plus 12 backlog|
|OBC||540 plus 20 backlog|
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Selection Process
ESIC UDC Selection Process
There are three stages in the selection process of ESIC UDC, which are given as follows-
Phase 1 – Prelims
- This is a qualifying step, and the results are not factored into the final decision.
- There will be 100 two-mark objective questions.
- For each incorrect response, 0.25 marks are deducted.
- The exam will last one hour in total.
- This exam has four sections: general intelligence and reasoning (50 marks), general awareness (50 marks), quantitative aptitude (50 marks), and English comprehension ( 50 marks ).
Phase 2- Mains Exam
The results of this exam are included in the final decision.
- There will be 200 one-mark objective questions.
- For each incorrect response, 0.25 of a point is deducted.
- The exam will last 2 hours in total.
- This exam has four sections: general intelligence and reasoning (50 marks), general awareness (50 marks), quantitative aptitude (50 marks), and English comprehension (50 marks)
Phase 3- Computer skill test
This exam’s results are not included in the final merit list.
- In this exam, there will be no negative marking.
- The exam will last 30 minutes in total.
- This exam has three sections: preparing two PowerPoint slides (10 marks), typing matter on MS Word with formatting (20 marks), and preparing a table on MS Excel with the use of formulae ( 20 marks ).
SBI PO Selection Process
Phase 1 – Preliminary Exam
This phase consists of objective-type questions.
- The total number of marks is 100.
- The total time duration is 1 hour.
- 0.25 mark is deducted for each wrong answer
- There are 3 sections in this exam – English language ( 30 marks ), Quantitative Aptitude ( 35 marks ), Reasoning Ability( 35 marks ).
- Time duration of each section is 20 minutes.
Phase 2 – Mains Exam
This phase consists of 2 sections – objective and descriptive tests, which are conducted online.
- It is of 200 marks.
- The total time duration is 3 hours.
- It has 4 sections, namely Reasoning and computer Aptitude ( 60 marks ), Data analysis and interpretation (60 marks ), General/Economy/banking awareness (40 marks ), English language (40 marks )
It is an online test.
- It is of 50 marks.
- The total time duration is 30 minutes.
- The test consists of questions based on English language ( Letter writing and Essay writing )
Phase 3 – Group discussion and interview
- Group discussion consists of 20 marks.
- The personal interview round is of 30 marks.
The applicants will be chosen based on their performance in the SBI PO Main Examination and the Group Discussion/Interview session. The final merit list is compiled using the SBI Main exam, Group discussion & Personal interview scores obtained. Written tests and Group discussion/personal interviews receive 75 % and 25% weightage, respectively.
ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Job Profile
SBI PO Job Profile
It’s critical to know what kind of work one can be assigned after being appointed as an SBI Probationary Officer. Following their selection, candidates must serve a two-year probationary period. Candidates must go through a training session to gain a practical understanding of the many parts of banking procedures. They perform many jobs like –
- Supervision of clerical tasks, customer service, loan processing, bank account opening, and so on.
- Promotion of New Programs
- Introducing New Clients to the Bank
- Any other task that the bank may assign from time to time.
- On-site training at SBI training institutes
Job Profile of ESIC UDC
The Job Profile of ESIC UDC is based upon the posting
|If posting is in Branch Office ( Non- Cashier)||Maintaining Registers|
Preparing Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Reports
Uploading of various certificates
Preparing Online Payment Dockets
|If posting is in Branch Office (Cashier)||Issuing Cheques|
Maintaining Cash Book
|If posting is in the Regional Office|
Maintenance of files
Drafting of letters
Online processing of data
ESIC UDC vs SBI PO Salary
SBI PO Salary
|Deduction (PF/INCOME TAX/PROFESSIONAL TAX/PENSION )||Rs.12960|
ESIC UDC Salary
|Basic UDC SalaryPay Band-Rs 5,200 to Rs.20,200||Level 4 = Rs.25,500|
|Dearness Allowance ( DA )||7 % OF Basic salary|
|House rent allowance||24 % , 16 % , 8 % respectively for X , Y , Z category cities|
|Transport allowance||Rs.3600 for X category cities and Rs.1800 for the remaining cities|
|Gross salary||Rs.37000 for X category cities,|
Rs.33000 for Y category cities and
Rs.31000 for Z category cities
Application fees for the SBI PO Exam
- Candidates must pay the fee for the application online.
- For SC/ST/PWD applicants, the application fee is zero, whereas, for General and other candidates, the price is Rs. 750.
- Fee/Intimation charges cannot be refunded or retained in reserve for any other examination or selection after they are paid.
Application fees for ESIC UDC Exam
- Candidates must pay the fee for the application online.
- Fees for SC/ST/PWD/Departmental candidate/Female candidate/Ex-servicemen – Rs.250
- For all other categories – Rs.500
We hope the article has given you relevant information about comparing ESIC UDC and SBI PO regarding different factors such as eligibility criteria, vacancy, etc. For any queries, contact us at Oliveboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the case of ESIC UDC, the minimum age required is 18 years, whereas, in the case of SBI PO, it is 21 years. However, in the case of maximum age, the maximum age for an applicant of ESIC UDC can be 27 years, whereas, for SBI PO, it can be 30 years.
In the case of both ESIC UDC and SBI PO, a person must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and working knowledge of computers.
The total vacancies for the post of ESIC UDC are 6306, whereas, for the post of SBI PO, the total number of vacancies is 2056.
In the case of ESIC UDC, the application fee is Rs. 500 for the general category, whereas Rs. 250 for SC/ST/PwD/Ex-servicemen/Female Candidate etc. Whereas for SBI PO, the application fee is Rs. 750 for the general category whereas zero for SC/ST/PwD/Ex-servicemen/Female Candidate, etc.
- ESIC UDC Skill Test Result Out for 2022. 5995 Candidates Qualified!
- SBI PO Posting Circles – Policy and Cities | Oliveboard
- SBI PO Last Date to Apply 2022 – 12th October 2022
- SBI PO Exam dates 2022 Out Now | Check Details here
- SBI PO Topic Wise Weightage 2022 | Check Here
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.