In this blog, we will be providing you important General science study notes about Vitamins, their sources, what are these vitamins good for, and what kind of problems does the deficiency of each Vitamin causes in a tabular format. This General Science Study notes blog will prove very useful for your preparation for Railway RRB Exams – RRB NTPC Exam and RRB ALP Exam. Read on to know all about Vitamins.
General Science Study Notes – Vitamins
|Vitamin Name||Source||Good for||Deficiency Causes|
|Vitamin A (Retinol)||Dark green and yellow coloured vegetables and fruits, cod liver oil, Milk, Butter and other dairy products||Eyes, Bones and Teeth development, maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails||Night Blindness, Dry Skin, weak teeth and bones, etc|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||Bread yeast, Sprouts, etc.||Nervous system, Brain functions, etc||Weak memory, Disturbances in sleep, feeling irritated, etc|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||Mushrooms, soybean, nuts, green leafy vegetables, Almonds||Overal growth and good health of the body, for Pregnant women||Sore throat, Amnesia, Inflammation of skin|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||Cereals, seeds, meat, fish – tuna, etc.||efficient functioning of the Liver, maintaining cholesterol levels in the body||Fatigue, Indigestion, Depression, Vomiting, Pellagra etc.|
|Vitamin B4 (Choline)||Vegetables, whole grains, unadulterated honey||Metabolism, Maintaining blood sugar levels, antibodies formation||Blood disorder, nausea, skin disorders|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||Brocolli, sweet potatoes, beans, eggs, etc.||Making Red blood cells, maintaining good health of hair, eyes and skin, etc.||Gastrointestinal problems, fatigue, headache, etc.|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)||Pistachio nuts, Sesame seeds, Chicken, etc.||Maintaining healthy metabolism, skin health, the functioning of the nervous system, etc||Mood Swings, Confusion, Muscle pains, etc.|
|Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)||Fish, Meat, Raw milk, Organic Yogurt||Healthy Pregnancy, Digestion, maintaining energy levels, etc||Joint pains, poor Dental health, Chronic Fatigue, etc|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||Fruits – Papaya, Pineapple, Kiwi Fruit, Mango, Tomatoes, etc.||Gives Glowing Skin, Prevent Anemia, Boosting Immunity, etc.||Poor healing of wounds, Bleeding gums, dry and scaly skin, Scurvy, etc.|
|Vitamin D (Calciferol)||Sun Light, Eggs, Meat, Fish, Mushrooms, etc||Maintaining body weight, prevents the formation of cancer cells, strong brain health, etc||Anxiety, Depression, Weak Immune System, Rickets|
|Vitamin E (Tocopherol)||Almonds, Hazelnuts, Spinach, Tomatoes, etc||Maintaining Cholesterol levels in the body, healthy hair, Maintaining a balance of hormones, etc.||Visual Disturbances, General Unwellness|
|Vitamin K (Phillioquine)||Green Leafy Vegetables, Broccoli, Cabbage, etc.||Normal Blood Clotting, Healthy Bones, etc.||Haemorrhage, defective blood clotting, increased bleeding.|
That is all in this edition of General Science Study notes from us on Vitamins, we hope you find the information provided in these General Science Study notes useful.
All the Best for Railway RRB ALP Exam and Railway RRB NTPC Exam.
- Railway RRB – General Science Notes: Important facts related to Human Body
- Railway RRB Exams Study Notes: Important Sports Current Affairs – May 2018
- Railway RRB Exams Study Notes – Major Mountain Peaks in India
- Railway RRB Exams Study Notes – Volume Formulas for Maths Preparation
- Railway RRB Exams Study Notes Free GK eBook
- Railway RRB Exam Study Notes – Area and Perimeter formulas
Read more: Railway RRB ALP Exam related articles.
Interact with your peers on Railway RRB ALP Exam and Railway RRB NTPC Exam in our discussion forum.
- Complete List of Top Upcoming Government Exams 2021: Latest Updates
- टॉप 10 एसएससी परीक्षाएं 2021[ पूर्ण सूची] परीक्षा की तारीख और परीक्षा को क्रैक करने के सुझावों
- SSC Selection Posts Result- Overview, Information, Details, Cut-off list
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें