Sports Current affairs is one of the most important sections when it comes to competitive exams. Every year nearly 4-5 questions are asked from this section. In this blog, you can find all the Sports current affairs events for all the competitive exams.
Having a resource where you can get all the sports current affairs will help you read and revise quickly. In competitive exams, every mark counts. So download and go through the current affairs for your reference.
Table of Contents
Sports Current Affairs – July 2022 | Download link
Click on the link below to download Sports Current Affairs – July 2022
Sports Current Affairs Notes 2022 – Previous Months’
Click on the link below to download the Free PDF for 2022
|June 2022||Click here|
|May 2022||Click here|
|April 2022||Click here|
|April – Aug 2021||Click here|
|July – Dec 2021||Click here|
How To Download The Free e-book?
- Click on the link given above
- Register or Login to your Oliveboard Dashboard
- Click on “click here” as shown in the image below to download the file.
Sports Current Affairs – July 2022 | Highlights
- Neeraj Chopra clinches Silver medal at prestigious Diamond League meet in Stockholm with a massive throw of 89.94 m
- Neeraj Chopra leads 22-member Indian contingent to Oregon for Athletics World Championships from July 15 to 24
- National Games will be held in Gujarat from Sept 27-Oct 10 this year: IOA
- Adani Sportsline collaborates with Indian Olympic Association as principal sponsor for the upcoming Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Hangzhou Asian Games 2022, and Paris Olympic Games 2024
- Athlete Parul Chaudhary sets new national record in women’s 3000 m event in Los Angeles when she clocked 8:57.19 in the women’s 3000 m event, surpassing the national record set by Loganathan, who had clocked 9:04.5.
- Pole vaulter Armand Duplantis improves his own World Record by clearing 6.16 meters (20 feet, 2 1/2 inches) at the Stockholm Diamond League meet. Duplantis also holds the indoor world record of 6.20 (20 feet, 4 inches).
- Elorda Cup: Reigning Youth World Boxing champions Alfiya Pathan and Gitika clinch Gold medals in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan. Two other Indian female boxers Kalaivani Srinivasan and Jamuna Boro signed off with silver medals. 33-member Indian contingent concluded its campaign with an overall tally of 14 medals.
- Carlos Sainz Wins First Career F1 Race With British Grand Prix Victory at Silverstone to become the first Spanish driver to stand on the top step of the podium since Fernando Alonso’s last win in 2013.
- World No.2 Ons Jabeur becomes first Arab woman to reach a Grand Slam semi-final; to face Tatjana Maria for Wimbledon finale spot.
- India names 215-member contingent for upcoming 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games with 108 men and 107 women taking part. The IOA has chosen Rajesh Bhandari for chef de mission role. Bhandari is the current Secretary of the Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association.
- Olympic medallist Munkhbayar Dorjsuren appointed Indian pistol team’s chief foreign coach ahead of the ISSF World Cup in Changwon, Korea beginning on July 9.
- 2022 Malaysia Open results.
- Danish badminton player Viktor Axelsen won the men’s singles title. Thai player Ratchanok Intanon won the women’s singles title.
- Men’s doubles champions were Takuro Hoki / Yugo Kobayashi of Japan.
- Women’s doubles champions were Apriyani Rahayu and Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti of Indonesia.
- Mixed doubles:China’s Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong retained title for third time. Tournament was held from 28 June to 3 July 2022 and had a total prize of US$675,000.
- Novak Djokovic (Serbia) beats Nick Kyrgios (Australia) for 7th Wimbledon title and raised his career haul to 21 major trophies, breaking a tie with Roger Federer and moving just one behind Rafael Nadal’s 22 for the most in the history of men’s tennis.
- World Games: Abhishek Verma, Jyothi Surekha Vennam win bronze in archery the country’s first-ever medal in the discipline.
- Zimbabwe and Netherlands claim final two spots at 2022 Men’s T20 World Cup to held in Australia this October.
- The Indian men’s 25m rapid fire pistol team bags silver medal at ISSF World Cup Changwon 2022 in South Korea.
- Asia Cup 2022 to be held in UAE from August 27 to September 11 and will be played in the T20 format.
- World Athletics Championships 2022: Sydney McLaughlin wins 400m hurdles gold medal, shatters her previous record. This is the first time a woman athlete has clocked under 51 seconds.
- Eldhose Paul Becomes First Indian to Qualify For Triple Jump Final & finishes 9th at the World Athletics Championships 2022
- Max Verstappen Wins French Grand Prix
- India to host 2025 women’s ODI World Cup in 2025. India had previously hosted the event in 1978, 1997 and 2013. Bangladesh will host the 2024 T20 World Cup, England the 2026 edition, and Sri Lanka the inaugural T20 Champions Trophy in 2027.
- World Athletics Championships 2022: Armand Duplantis Breaks Own Pole Vault World Record En Route Gold in Oregon. This marked the first time a record has been set outdoors since Sergey Bubka in 1994.
- US win most gold medals at World Athletics Championships 2022 winning 13 gold, nine silver and 11 bronze medals. India finished joint 33rd with one silver medal. Ethiopia and Jamaica came second and third.
- Bindyarani Devi wins silver, India’s fourth weightlifting medal at Commonwealth Games 2022
- Mirabai Chanu clinches India’s 1st gold medal of Commonwealth Games 2022, shatters Games record in women’s weightlifting
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
evaluate course content before signing up!
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series