SSC CGL Statistical Investigator: The Staff Selection Committee (SSC) is one of the best organizations to work for, in India. The positions under SSC are popular when it comes to government jobs for graduates. However, getting a job here is easier said than done due to the immense competition it presents. If you are someone who is planning to get this job, make sure that you have all the relevant SSC CGL Exam details with you.
This will help you prepare well and make sure that you score very good marks in the actual examination. Apart from this, you must also have a clear idea when it comes to the job profile and salary structure of the SSC CGL Statistical Investigator. Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
SSC CGL Statistical Investigator – Job profile
If you are a Statistical Investigator, you will have to work according to two departments mainly and they are-
- Data processing- This entails a desk job under the supervision of the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) i.e. you will have to perform a lot of clerical responsibilities such as preparing extensive reports related to data for the numerous government organizations/ministries/ departments. The aforementioned data will further aid you to obtain general parameters and estimates in order to create important government programs, schemes, and policies for the Government of India.
- Data collection- This will require you to carry out intensive field jobs or responsibilities. It will be under the supervision of the Field Operations Division (FOD) of the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO). Statistical Investigators are required to carry out data collection drives and numerous surveys in regards to price indexes, urban surveys, socio-economic factors, governmental schemes, and programs.
SSC CGL Statistical Investigator – Salary structure
The salary structure of a Statistical Investigator Grade-II is as follows:
|SSC CGL Statistical Investigator Grade-II Particulars||Details|
|Post Name||Statistical Investor Grade-II|
|Pay Level||Pay Level- 6 (7th CPC)|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 35,400 to 1,12,400|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4,200|
|Pay Band||9300-34800 (PB-2)|
|HRA (depending on the city)|
|X Cities- 24%||Rs. 8,496|
|Y Cities -16%||Rs. 5,664|
|Z Cities- 8%||Rs. 2,832|
|Dearness Allowance- DA (34% of basic pay)||Rs. 12,036|
|Travel Allowance- TPTA|
(Amount of Transport Allowance = TA + [(DA% x TA)/100] )
|X Cities- Rs. 4824 ( 3600+1224)|
Other Places- Rs. 2412 (1800 +612)
|Gross Salary Range (Approx.)|
The in-hand salary of the Statistical Investigator Grade-II ranges from 46000 to 55000 per month. Salary varies with the location of the posting. The salary includes basic pay, DA, TA, HRA as applicable from time to time.
Classification of Cities
|X||Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune|
|Y||Agra, Ajmer, Aligarh, Amravati, Amritsar, Asansol, Aurangabad, Bareilly, Belgaum, Bhavnagar, Bhiwandi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Bhilai, Durgapur, Erode, Faridabad, Firozabad, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guntur, Gwalior, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hamirpur, Hubli–Dharwad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalgaon, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Karnal, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kollam, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Ludhiana, Lucknow, Madurai, Malappuram, Mathura, Mangalore, Meerut, Moradabad, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Nellore, Noida, Patna, Pondicherry, Purulia, Prayagraj, Raipur, Rajkot, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Ratlam, Salem, Sangli, Shimla, Siliguri, Solapur, Srinagar, Surat, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruvannamalai, Ujjain, Bijapur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vasai-Virar City, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vellore, and Warangal|
|Z||All other cities|
SSC CGL Statistical Investigator – Career growth
The position of a Junior Statistical Investigator is an entry-level position under the Subordinate Statistical Cadre (SSC). Generally, it takes around five to eight years to be promoted from the post of Statistical Investigator to the post of Senior Statistical Officer (Group B Gazetted position). The career growth of a Statistical Investigator according to the following stages-
- Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)
- Senior Statistical Officer (SSO)
- Assistant Director
- Deputy Director
- Joint Director
- Deputy Director General
- Additional Director General
- Director General
After a Junior Statistical Officer is promoted in the position of the Senior Statistical Officer, it becomes a Gazetted Officer position. The more you are promoted, the more your responsibilities increase and promotion happens based on experience and seniority.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
A Statistical Investigator job profile is one of the most prestigious positions that exist in the government currently. If you are someone who has always dreamt of getting this job, then you will have to work very hard and make sure that you have a very strong grip on all the topics covered in SSC CGL for the statistical investigator position.
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in