The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) had released the recruitment notification with 421 vacancies for the position of Enforcement Officer / Accounts Officers in the EPFO department under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. This will be a pen and paper-based examination (offline mode) followed by an interview.
The exam that was scheduled for 4 October has been postponed until further notice. So you have enough time to prepare for the examination and due to the coronavirus outbreak, you can give a lot of time to your preparation. If you want to be the one to grab that one seat out of 421 vacancies then read the whole article on UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Preparation Strategy without skipping it.
In this article, we will be telling you exactly what to study and how to study. Before moving forward take a free mock test here to test the level of your preparation and get an idea of the questions being asked.
What all to be covered in this article?
- UPSC EPFO EO Exam Scheme
- UPSC EPFO EO Syllabus
- UPSC EPFO EO Topic-Wise Preparation Strategy
- UPSC EPFO EO Books & Resources For Preparation.
- UPSC EPFO EO Study Notes and Mock Tests
Before moving on to the UPSC EPFO EO Preparation Strategy. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern and syllabus.
Table of Contents
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 Deferred | Check Official Notice Here
- 1. UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Preparation Strategy – Exam Scheme
- 2. UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Preparation Strategy – Syllabus For Written Test
- 3. How To Prepare For The Exam? UPSC EPFO EO Preparation Strategy
- 4. UPSC EPFO EO Books and Resources for Preparation
- 5. What We Have In Store For You?
UPSC EPFO EO 2020 Deferred | Check Official Notice Here
1. UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Preparation Strategy – Exam Scheme
A pen & paper based Recruitment Test (RT) to short-list the candidates for Interview for recruitment to the posts of Enforcement Officers/Accounts Officers shall be conducted by the Commission on 04.10.2020.
1.1 Exam Pattern – Details
1. The test will be of two hours duration.
2. All questions will carry equal marks.
3. There will be 120 questions asked and a total score of 200 marks.
4. The test will be objective type questions with multiple choices of answers.
5. The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
6. There will be a penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
Recruitment Test (RT) and Interview carry weightage in the ratio of 75:25 for the candidates shortlisted based on Recruitment Test (RT) and qualify in the interview.
2. UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Preparation Strategy – Syllabus For Written Test
Now that we have familiarised you with the exam pattern, let us now have a look at the UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 for the exam:
The syllabus of the Test broadly comprises the following topics:-
- General English- To evaluate a candidate’s understanding of English language & workmanlike use of words
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Current Events and Developmental Issues
- Indian Polity & Economy
- General Accounting principles
- Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- General Science & knowledge of Computer applications
- General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- Social Security in India
3. How To Prepare For The Exam? UPSC EPFO EO Preparation Strategy
Here we have come up with some of the important preparation tips that will help you in your exam preparation.
3.1 Topic-Wise UPSC EPFO EO Preparation Strategy
3.1.1 General English
It is not very difficult for the candidates from English background but for aspirants from other language mediums this could be a little difficult but then again nothing can defeat one’s persistence to master the topic. Keep a regular check on the grammar rules and apply the learned rules as much as possible. Read & Attempt multiple Reading Comprehension before the actual exam, that would help you in building up your basics.
This part is of SSC level so you can cover it from SP Bakshi and SSC Previous Year Question Paper. And, don’t forget to read Word power made easy, as it will make your vocabulary part strong.
3.1.2 Indian Freedom Struggle
If you are the one who has no idea of this topic and doesn’t know where to study you can just go for Class XII NCERT: Modern India History. It will give a base to start the preparation. Also, Lucent is another book you can go for, you can also check A Brief History of Modern India (Spectrum). It has all the details and will help you in covering every topic of Modern History.
3.1.3 Indian Polity & Economy
Again the best strategy to prepare for Indian Polity and Economy is to read NCERT 11 & 12 class. This will not only cover your basics part but the majority of the questions are asked from the NCERT books. Then you can go for Ramesh Singh for Economy and M. Laxmikanth for Polity. The same approach, first read from NCERT and then cover that same topic from these reference books.
Remember, these two subjects are closely associated with the current affairs so major portion will be covered by current events but again, it’s UPSC and you need to have the basic and conceptual understanding of each subject.
3.1.4 Current Events and Development Issues
Here you have to follow currents events and read The Hindu or The Indian Express religiously with notes. Have a close look at India’s ranking in various indices. Study the previous year’s question papers, you will get the idea which part you have to cover. Keep a track of government policies and schemes. You can also read monthly magazines such as Kurukshetra, Yojana, and PIB that will be a compilation of the whole month supporting your revision.
If you want to stay updated with the daily current affairs. Download our monthly current affairs Bolt PDF for free for clicking on the link given below. You can also download the UPSC EPFO EO study notes.
3.1.5 General Accounting Principles
This portion can be covered from the book of T. S. Grewal’s Double Entry Book Keeping Financial Accounting which is a class XI CBSE book and sticks to it. All the basics and concepts important from the examination point of view are given in this book. And after covering topics from this book you can also go for the Arihant Handbook for Accounting or NCERT class XI Accounts book.
3.1.6 Industrial Relations, Labour Laws and Social Security
This portion can’t be covered from a single book. This portion is also associated with current news. Labour laws in news, various schemes for security and labours should also be covered. Various international organizations for labor’s welfare, various theories also need to be covered. You can get these things covered from the online youtube classes. Here are the links to the notes for the topics Industrial Relation and Social Security from the Ministry of Labour and Employment. The study from here and also can go for youtube videos.
Download the PDFs from the links given below:
3.1.7 General Science & knowledge of Computer applications
General Science portion can be covered form Lucent’s General Science book or NCERTs of Class VI to X. For Computer Knowledge and Applications a basic understanding is needed. You can go for Computer Awareness Bolt by Oliveboard which will beneficial for the exam and serve your purpose.
3.1.8 General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
The purpose of this section is to just check your basic knowledge regarding the Reasoning and Quant section. No high-level questions will be asked. Only matriculation level questions will be asked. You can ace it by practicing questions daily and attempting mock tests. Topics that appear in the examination are as follows:
General Mental Ability
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables)
- Data sufficiency
- Puzzles & More
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
4. UPSC EPFO EO Books and Resources for Preparation
|Subjects||Books List and Resources|
|Indian Freedom Struggle||
|Indian Polity and Economy||
|Current Events and Development Issues||
|General Accounting Principles||
|Industrial Relations, Labour Laws and Social Security|
|General Science & knowledge of Computer applications||
5. What We Have In Store For You?
1. 10 Mock Tests for EPFO EO in the latest pattern with detailed solutions
2. Summary Notes for all sections (except Quant, Eng)
- Indian Freedom Struggle (Click Here For Notes)
- Indian Polity and Economy (Click Here For Notes)
- General Accounting Principles (Click Here For Notes)
- Industrial Relations and Labor Laws (Click Here For Notes)
- General Science and Knowledge of Computer Applications (Click Here For Notes)
- Social Security in India (Click Here For Notes)
Last but not the least keep practicing MCQs and Mocks tests. This was all from us in this blog UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Preparation strategy. Hope the information provided above will help you in your exam preparation. Stay tuned for more exam related information.
All The Best For Your Exam Preparation!
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.