Passing your 12th examinations is a milestone in itself, as it signals the end to your school life. It also signifies that it is time for you to venture into the real world and build your career in the right way. One of the best things you can do in order to go in the right direction is to apply for a government job and do some thorough competitive exam preparation once you are done with your 12th exams. Listed below are a few options for government examinations, which you can apply for post your 12th:
4 Competitive Exam Competitive Exams After 12th
- SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) exam
The SSC CHSL exam is one of the most popular exams in India and is ideal for students who are done with their 12th examinations. You can score the following jobs once you pass your exam:
- UDC (Upper Division Clerk) – Considered as one of the best desk jobs, post your 12th standard exams.
- PA (Postal Assistant) – If you are able to pass this exam, then you will be scoring a job in postal offices.
- DEO (Data Entry Operator) – This will allow you to be posted in several coveted government offices.
- SA (Sorting Assistant) – Scoring well in this exam will give you the opportunity to be posted in the Railway Mail Services.
- LDC (Lower Division Clerk) – Once you pass your LDC examination, you can proceed to department exams in order to score promotions.
- Indian Army
If you are done with your 12th standard examinations, you can also apply to be recruited in the Indian Army. In order to qualify for the Army, you can appear for the following examinations:
- Mahila Constables (General Duty) for female candidates
- Technical Entry Scheme for male candidates
- Junior Commission Officers- Catering
- SSC Stenographer Exam
The SSC Stenographer Exam is an amazing option for candidates who are good at typing, making it one of the most popular examinations. In case you are lagging a bit behind on your typing skills, you can just enrol yourself in a short typing course. If you successfully pass in the SSC Stenographer examination, then you will be placed for two types of grades- Grade C and Grade D. If you check out their competition success review, you can find tips on how to do well in its exam.
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
The Indian Railways are considered the best place for scoring a government job. As it is the biggest public sector company of India, it offers several government positions for aspiring candidates, especially who are done with their 12th standard examination. Organized and conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board or RRB, these examinations take place on a zonal basis. Examinations are conducted for the following government positions:
- Railway Clerk and Constables
- Group D Staff
- Assistant Loco Pilot
- Multi- Tasking Staff or MTS and Lower Division Clerks or LDC
- Additional positions such as a driver, fireman etc
Apart from the above-mentioned government job examinations, you can also appear for other exams, which will help, you apply for positions such as coast guard, Indian Navy, state police constables, protective services etc. Just keep a lookout regarding the different types of competitive exams you can sit for and make the most of them.
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here