Get All the Important Current Affairs of 16th Nov 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 16th Nov 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 16th Nov 2021
World Health Organization annually hosts the World Antibiotic Awareness Week (WAAW),
also known as World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WHO).
- WAAW will be observed this year from November 18 to November 24.
- The event’s major objective is to raise global awareness of antibiotic or antimicrobial resistance.
- WAAW 2021 will have the theme ‘Spread Awareness, Stop Resistance.’
- While World Antimicrobial Awareness Week’s primary tagline is ‘Antimicrobials: Handle with Care.’
International Day for Tolerance is observed annually on 16 November
- The day was declared by UNESCO in 1995, on its fiftieth anniversary, to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
- National Press Day is observed on November 16 every year to celebrate free and responsible press in India.
- It also commemorates the day when the Press Council of India started functioning.
- Chairman-Hon’ble Mr. Justice Chandramauli Kumar Prasad, Judge , Supreme Court of India (Retd.)
Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in New Delhi has been renamed as Manohar
Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA).
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh unveiled a plaque on November 15, 2021 to rename the institute after former Defence Minister late Manohar Parrikar.
- Raksha Mantri is the President of the MP-IDSA Institute
- The renaming of the institute coincides with the 57th Foundation Day of the Institute, celebrated on November 11, 2021.
Minister of Law and Justice, Kiren Rijiju has launched the Citizen’s Tele-Law Mobile App.
- This app would connect the beneficiaries directly with panel lawyers offering legal advice and consultation. The app will connect the beneficiaries directly with panel lawyers offering legal advice and consultation.
- The app was launched as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations, celebrated by the Department of Justice from 8 to 14 November.
- These Common Service Centres have been branded as ‘Kanooni Salah Sahahyak Kendra’ for this purpose.
- These “Tele-Law on Wheels” vans would travel a distance of 30-40 km daily, distribute information leaflets on Tele-Law, and broadcast films on radio jingle about the Tele-Law services
India successfully launched the 41st Scientific Expedition to Antarctica on November 15,
- The first batch of its contingents comprising of 23 scientists and support staff has reached the Indian Antarctic station Maitri.
- Four more batches will be landing in Antarctica by mid-January 2022.
- The team of 48 members at the 41st expedition is being led by Dr. Shailendra Saini, Scientist National Centre for Polar & Ocean Research (Voyage Leader), Shri. Huidrom Nageshwar Singh, Metrologist, India Metrological Department (Leader, Maitri Station) and Shri. Anoop Kalayil Soman, scientist Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (Leader, Bharati Station).
- Currently there are three permanent research base stations in Antarctica, named DakshinGangotri (1983), Maitri (1988) and Bharati (2012).
Banking and Insurance News
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance has entered into a tripartite partnership with the India Post
Payments Bank (IPPB) and the Department of Posts (DoP), launching two insurance
products to tap the vast rural customers across the country.
- Under the partnership, the rural customers can access Bajaj Allianz Life Smart Protect
- Goal and Bajaj Allianz Life Guaranteed Pension Goal, the term and annuity products, respectively.
- The partnership aims to enable the customers, particularly from the weaker sections and living in un-banked and underserved areas, so that they can be financially secure
- An annuity is a plan that helps you to get a regular payment for life after making a lump sum investment. The life insurance company invests the money of the investor and pays back the returns generated from it.
BharatPe launched the World’s 1st Merchant Shareholding Program (MSP) for its
- It is a $100 million worth program, under which the company offers its merchant customers an opportunity to buy BharatPe’s equity shares and become a partner.
- The company plans a public listing by 2024 and targets a public listing value of $1 billion.
▪ BharatPe Founded:2018
▪ Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
▪ CEO: Ashneer Grover
HDFC Bank integrated with the Central Government’s National Agriculture Market
(eNAM) to enable digital collections and settlement of funds to various e-NAM
- HDFC Bank has partnered with Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC) to further improve the ease of doing business on the e-NAM platform by offering the MultiNetbanking, Debit card, NEFT/RTGS and UPI/IMPS collection modes.
- This integration will help farmers, FPOs, commission agents, institutional buyers and other Mandi level service providers.
▪ Founded: August 1994
▪ CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
▪ Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
▪ Tagline: We understand your world
The government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $61 million loan (approx Rs 454 crore) to fund development projects in Agartala, Tripura.
- The fund will be used for the project which aims to upgrade urban infrastructure services and improve livability in Agartala with the provision of better road connectivity, flood resilient measures and making tourist places more attractive.
- Takeo Konishi, Country Director of ADB’s India
Award and Honours
India confers honorary rank of General on Nepal Army Chief
- Nepal Army Chief General Prabhu Ram Sharma was conferred the honorary rank of General of the Indian Army by President Ram Nath Kovind at a ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- It is a customary practice by the two countries to confer the honorary rank of General on each other’s Army Chiefs.
- Gen. Sharma, an alumnus of the Nepali Military Academy, was commissioned into the Army in March 1984. He took over as the Chief of the Army Staff on September 9, 2021
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly confirmed on
Sunday, that former India batter VVS Laxman will be the next head of the National
Cricket Academy (NCA).
Laxman will take over from his former batting colleague Rahul Dravid, who was recently
appointed as chief coach of the Indian team following the end of Ravi Shastri’s tenure.
Current Affairs 16th Nov 2021 – MCQs
Q. Which company has become the 1st Indian two-wheeler and three-wheeler
manufacturer to join the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)?
a) TVS Motor Company
b) Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India
c) Hero MotoCorpa
d) Bajaj Auto
e) India Yamaha Motor
Answer: Option A
▪ TVS Motor will also engage in collaborative projects which will advance the development
goals of the UN, particularly the Sustainable development goals (SDG).
▪ United Nations Global Compact Headquarters: New York, United States
▪ Executive Director & CEO: Sanda Ojiambo
▪ TVS Headquarters: Chennai
▪ CEO: K. N. Radhakrishnan
▪ Founder: T. V. Sundram Iyengar
▪ Founded: 1978
Q. Who among the following has been elected to the International Law Commission
for a five-year term?
(a) T V Narendran
(b) J B Mohapatra
(c) Rashmi R Das
(d) Bimal Patel
(e) Kamlesh Kumar Pant
Answer: Option D
▪ Professor Bimal Patel has been elected to the International Law Commission for a five year term, in a hard-fought election at the United Nations.
▪ He will serve a five-year term starting January 1, 2023. Prof. Patel has served in various
roles such as the Director at the Gujarat National Law University and member of the 21st
Law Commission of India.
▪ Chairman: Justice B. S. Chauhan (21st Law Commission)
Q. PM Modi has launched RBI Retail Direct (RBI-RD). Through RBI Retail Direct (RBIRD) Scheme, an individual can now directly buy ______________.
(a) Treasury bills
(b) Sovereign Gold Bonds
(c) State Development Loans
(d) All of the above
(e) A & B
Answer: Option D
The structure and nature of SDLs is broadly similar to that of a fixed rate Dated G-Sec.
However, these instruments are generally issued for maturities upto 10 years.
Q. RBI has projected Consumer price inflation (CPI) at ________ for 2021-22.
Answer: Option C
▪ The retail inflation, measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), slightly rose to 4.48 per
cent in October.
▪ RBI has retained the projection for real GDP growth at 9.5 per cent in 2021-22.
▪ Reserve Bank of India in its Monetary Policy Report – October 2021, has projected India’s
GDP growth rate for 2022-23 (FY23) at 7.8%
Q. Wangala festival is celebrated in which of the following state?
Answer: Option D
▪ Meghalaya state observed the ‘Wangala’, the festival of 100 Drums Festival.
▪ It is a post-harvest festival of the Garos tribe which is being held every year to
honour ‘Saljong’, the Sun God of Garos, which also marks the end of the harvest season.
▪ 5 Popular Festivals of Meghalaya:
▪ Nongkrem Dance Festival
▪ Wangala Festival
▪ Behdeinkhlam Festival
▪ Shad Sukra
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 16th Nov 2021.