Oliveboard brings you another session of Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 Dec 2019. This daily blog intends to help the aspirants preparing for the government/ banking exams and wants to stay up to date with the latest current affairs. Given that general awareness/ current affairs is an integral part of many exams, we bring you this blog. Also, If you are preparing for various exams like RBI Grade B, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SSC CPO, LIC Assistant, etc. Join Oliveboard and get the courses designed with the latest patterns and high-end mock tests to check your preparation level.
Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 Dec 2019
Daily Current Affairs News – National
- Dr. Padmeshwar Gogoi is awarded the Siu-Ka-Pha award. He is a noted botanist, educationist and a folklore researcher. The event was held at Siu-Ka-Pha Samannay Kshetra in Golaghat.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has announced changes in its health insurance policy in order to provide benefits to employees involved in LGBT employees, a same-sex relationship. TCS became the first Tata based company to bring the change.
- The External Affairs Ministry announced that PM Modi would be meeting his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe in an annual summit starting from 15 Dec to 17 Dec.
- Jharkhand’s Mahuamilan railway station has become the 5500th railway station to get free wifi. Free wifi services are being provided to customers under Railwire.
- K Vijay Kumar is appointed as a Senior Security Adviser in the Union Home Ministry. He will be advising the Home Ministry headed by Amit Shah on security-related matters of Union Territory of JK and Left Wing Extremism (LWE).
- Priyanka Chopra was honored with UNICEF’s Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award 2019 or her contribution as the Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
Daily Current Affairs Update – International
- India and the US are planning to sign a defense technology sharing pact. This agreement would allow the aviation majors to collaborate and supply 114 fighter jets to Indian Air Force (IAF). Defence Minister Rajnath Singh would lead the Indian side of delegation.
- Arms sales rose by nearly 5% worldwide, the market being dominated by the US. The report is published by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- Finland’s Social Democrat elected 34 years old Sanna Marin to the post of Prime Minister, making her the youngest ever to be appointed to the position. Formerly she was Transport Minister.
Daily Current Affairs Update – Sports
- Fiji International Roy Krishna was awarded the ISl hero of the month for November after some scintillating performance for his team ATK.
- Manchester city pledged to take a zero-tolerance approach against supporters found to have subjected Manchester United players to racist abuse after the derby defeat.
- Mumbai Falcons, represented by Kush Maini and Mikkel Jensen (Denmark), won two of the three races while the Bangalore racing stars finish on top in another race.
That is all from us in this blog, Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 Dec 2019. We have tried to cover the significant headlines for the day and the current affairs. For more such content please keep following Oliveboard.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test