Preparing for ESIC UDC exam 2022? The mains exam can be conducted anytime in 2022, and you must be wondering how to give your best shot. So, make sure you use this time judiciously and make the most of it. To help you score more, here we are providing Top 5 scoring topics and ESIC UDC Preparation Tips for mains exam to give your preparation a smart strategy. Also, remember that what you do in these last few days will impact your exam performance a lot
Table of Contents
- Know the ESIC UDC 2022 Exam Pattern
- Top Scoring Topics for ESIC UDC Mains Exam 2022
- ESIC UDC Mains Preparation Tips
- How to make a perfect preparation strategy for ESIC Recruitment 2022?
- Last Minute ESIC UDC Mains Preparation Tips
Know the ESIC UDC 2022 Exam Pattern
ESIC UDC Prelims Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of the Test (Objective Tests)||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
Note: The Total Duration To Complete The Exam Will Be 60 Minutes
ESIC UDC Main Exam Pattern
Here you get an edge because whatever you have prepared in Prelims will come in Mains too. The only difference here would be that the number of questions & the duration gets doubled and so does the difficulty level. You have to practice hard and get mastery on each and every topic that’s important. Check the details:
|S. No.||Name of the Test (Objective Tests)||No. of Questions.||Max. Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
Note: The Total Duration To Complete The Exam Will Be 120 Minutes
Phase III – Computer Skill Test
|Sr. No.||Description of Test||Marks|
|1||Preparation of 02 Power Points Slides||10|
|2||Typing matter on MS Word with formatting||20|
|3||Preparation of Table on MS Excel with use of formulae||20|
Note: Phase 3 will consist of a total of 50 Marks.
Top Scoring Topics for ESIC UDC Mains Exam 2022
Based on Previous year’s exam analysis, we bring to you 5 important topics that carry more weightage over others. Click on Topics to take Topic Test of Level 1, 2 and 3. The level denotes different difficulty level of tests, starting from 1 to 3:
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification | Approximation
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Quantitative Comparison
General Intelligence and Reasoning
ESIC UDC Mains Preparation Tips
How to Attempt ESIC UDC Mains Exam 2022?
- Attempt your strongest topic first:This will help build your confidence for the remainder of the test. Attempt the more demanding topic in the middle as concentration levels tend to peak at that time.
- No blind guesswork: The number of questions you need to attempt cannot be pre-determined as it is a function of the level of difficulty. Just keep a fine balance of accuracy and speed. Remember that there is 1/4th of negative marking for every wrong answer. Therefore, avoid guesswork as much possible. Accuracy is as important as speed in this exam. Try the elimination method to eliminate 2-3 options before making calculated guesses, and refrain from any blind guesswork.
- Read the Question Properly: Understand what is written in the question. Do not hastily skip the question just by looking at it. You might just be able to do it if you read it properly. So, before skipping, read it carefully because sometimes the questions that look difficult, are actually easy to solve, especially Puzzles.
- Do not get stuck on one question and waste your time. You can always come back to it in case you have time left.
How to make a perfect preparation strategy for ESIC Recruitment 2022?
1. Maintain a current understanding of exam patterns & syllabuses
Depending on the ESIC Recruitment 2022 exam pattern and syllabus, develop a study plan. You should include a schedule for each topic you plan to prepare each day. Stay on track with your daily preparation by following the study plan and the timetable.
2. Making short, quality notes for a last-minute revision is a good idea
Prepare short, good notes for last-minute revisions. This can be done in any language you like. You can also take notes electronically on your mobile device. These notes will help you remember important points before the test.
3. After finishing each topic, revise it
Success depends on revision. Revision helps you retain previous knowledge. Schedule revisions every week or every month. To learn the basic concepts of a topic, consult the NCERT books. Research all relevant topics.
4. Look at previous years’ papers
You can learn about important topics from previous years’ papers. You’ll be able to get a good sense of the type of questions that you can expect to see in the actual exam if you do this.
5. Practice by taking a mock exam
To improve your skills, you should take mock tests and peruse model papers. The best way to improve your speed and accuracy within a given time period is by taking mock tests.
6. Confidence is the key to success
Your exam will go well if you remain confident. Throw away any doubts and negativities your short-term and long-term study plans may encounter. You will succeed if you take a positive approach.
Last Minute ESIC UDC Mains Preparation Tips
Find here the do’s and don’ts that need to take care of just before the exam:
- Avoid New Topics
Do not start any new topic now. Any new thing that you would try learning now may not correctly be retained. Try to revise whatever you have studied till now and get command over it. Rest assure that you have done enough and whatever happens now, will be for good!
- Practice Mock Test
Take ESIC UDC Free Mock Test one last time to measure your progress. Oliveboard’s Mock test would provide you instant feedback in the form of analytics, which will help you determine your speed & accuracy in solving questions and identify your strong and weak areas.
Do not take it lightly and leave it for the last night. Revise all the concepts, formula, shortcuts and tricks so that you don’t forget them. Highlight the important points.
- Time Management
Time is a crucial factor and it is easy to lose track while writing an exam. This is where your practice will show results. Manage it properly.
- Speed and Accuracy
Speed and accuracy is one aspect that would outshine your performance. This is where your practice will show result. Try to attempt maximum number of questions with 100% accuracy because in an exam like this, you cannot afford to lose even one-fourth of marks.
- Make a Separate Note
Write the formula, shortcuts, tricks, etc. on a separate paper so that you can quickly go through it before the exam.
- Avoid Stress and Anxiety
Staying calm and composed is imperative. Do not get too excited or too worried. Doing some light exercise or meditation would help you.
- Stay Away from Negative Thoughts
Try to stay away from negative thoughts or people that demotivate you. Have confidence that you have given your best & your hard work will bear fruits.
- Eat Right
Take a well-balanced diet. Avoid oily and sugary snacks. Stay well hydrated.
- Relax and Rest:
Do not let anxiety ruin your preparation. Make sure you don’t deprive yourself of sleep. Taking proper sleep would improve your concentration and help you remember things easily. Keep reminding yourself that there is nothing that you cannot achieve.
Keep your Call letter, recent passport size photograph, Photo identity proof (Original + Photocopy), Ball Point Pen (all things that are mentioned in your call letter to carry on the day of exam) in your bag before the day of exam so that you may not forget any of these in hurry. It is better to reach the Examination Centre in advance than getting late. So, leave early to avoid getting stuck in the traffic.
- Call Letter
- Photograph (if mentioned)
- ID Proof
- Ball pen
- Reach the centre in advance
That is all from us in this blog. Hope these Important Topics, Exam Attempt Strategy & Last Minute ESIC UDC Preparation Tips helps you on the exam day. Remember that ‘success comes to those who work hard’. So, make the most of these last days to fulfill your dream of clearing the exam.
All the Best!?
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.