Annual Planner released by TNPSC gives you an approximate timeline of when to expect the notifications of various exams. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released the notification of TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 on 23rd February 2022. The last date to apply for the exam is 23rd March 2022. The preliminary exam is scheduled to be conducted on 21st May 2022. TNUSRB SI Notification is expected on 8 March 2022. Static GK is an important segment in various TNPSC exams. Questions from Geography are commonly asked. To help you in your preparation, we have come up with an ebook on ‘Highest Mountain Peaks in Tamil Nadu’.
Table of Contents
Highest Mountain Peaks in Tamil Nadu | Download PDF
Click on the link below to download the Highest Mountain Peaks and Ranges of Tamil Nadu
How to Download the Highest Mountain Peaks in Tamil Nadu?
- Click on the given download link. You will be taken to Oliveboard’s FREE Ebooks Page. Alternately, you can download the Oliveboard Android App to access these on your smartphone.
- Register/Login on to the Free E-Books Page of Oliveboard (It is 100% free, You just enter your valid email id and a password to be able to download the Monthly current affairs PDF).
- Once logged in you’ll see the message “Please click here to download the Free Ebook“. Click on the message to download that particular ebook.
Sneak Peek Into The EBook
Highest Mountain Peaks in Tamil Nadu
|Sn no||Mountain Peak||Height||Range||Location|
|1||Mannamala||2,659 m (8,724 ft)||Western Ghats||Theni|
|2||Meesapulimala||2,640 m (8, 660 ft)||Western Ghats||Theni|
|3||Doddabetta||2,637 m (8,652 ft)||Nilgiris||Udagamandalam|
|4||Kolaribetta||2,629 m (8,625 ft)||Nilgiris||Mukurthi National Park|
|5||Makurni peak||2,594 m (8,510 ft)||Nilgiris||Nilgiris|
|6||Mukurthi||2,554 m (8,379 ft)||Nilgiris||Mukurthi National Park|
|7||Vandaravu||2,553 m (8,376 ft)||Palani hills||Palani hills|
|8||Kulkudi||2,439 m (8,002 ft)||Nilgiris||Nilgiris|
|9||Kattadadu||2,418 m (7,933 ft)||Nilgiris||Nilgiris|
|10||Perumal Malai||2,234 m (7,329 ft)||Western Ghats||Kodaikanal|
Major Mountain Ranges in Tamil Nadu
1. Agasthyamalai Hills- The Pothigai Hills, also known as the Shiva Jothi Parvath, Agasthiyar Mountain, Southern Kailash is a 1,866-metre (6,122 ft)-tall peak within Kalakkad Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve. Situated on the border of Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
2. Anamalai Hills- The Anaimalai or Anamala Hills, also known as the Elephant Mountains. Situated on the border of Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
3. Cardamom Hills – The Cardamom Hills or Yela Mala is a mountain range of southern India and part of the southern Western Ghats located in southeast Kerala and southwest Tamil Nadu in India. Their name comes from the cardamom spice grown in much of the hills’ cool elevation, which also supports pepper and coffee.
4. Eastern Ghats – The Eastern Ghats are a discontinuous range of mountains along India’s eastern coast. The Eastern Ghats run from northern Odisha through Andhra Pradesh to Tamil Nadu in the south passing some parts of Karnataka and in the Wayanad district of Kerala. They are eroded and cut through by four major rivers of peninsular India, viz. Godavari, Mahanadi, Krishna, and Kaveri.
5. Nilgiri Mountains – The Nilgiri Mountains form part of the Western Ghats in western Tamil Nadu of Southern India. 18. Palani Hills – The Palani Hills is a mountain range in the states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu in South India. The Palani Hills is an eastward extension of the Western Ghats ranges, which run parallel to the west coast of India.
Download the Highest Mountain Peaks and Ranges in Tamil Nadu Ebook for your preparation. Prepare with Oliveboard. Download the Oliveboard App.
TNPSC Group 2 Complete Course details
The TNPSC Group 2 Test Series includes :
- 20 TNPSC Group 2 Full Syllabus Mock Tests
- 10 TNPSC Group 2 Subject Wise Mock Tests
- Study Notes (English and Tamil)
- Mindmaps (English and Tamil)
- Free Study Material & E-Book Resources
I have been creating exam related content for 3 years now. Having appeared for UPSC, SSC, Railway and Banking Exams myself, I understand and create relevant content, important from exams point of view. I am currently creating content for SSC, Railway, J&K and Law entrance exams. During my free time, I love bingewatching shows or read novels.