World Environment Health Day 2023
The World Environmental Health Day is celebrated annually on September 26 to raise awareness of the importance of environmental health and to promote actions to protect human health from environmental hazards.
World Environmental Health Day 2023 Theme
The theme for this year’s World Environmental Health Day is “Global environmental public health: Standing up to protect everyone’s health each and every day”. This special day serves as a reminder that we all play a role in preserving the planet’s health and taking action to protect the environment is essential for the well-being of current and future generations. The theme for the day changes each year, but it always focuses on an important aspect of environmental health.
History of World Environment Health Day
World Environmental Health Day was established in 2011 by the International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH) to raise awareness of the importance of environmental health and to promote actions to protect human health from environmental hazards.
The IFEH is a global organization that represents environmental health professionals from over 70 countries. The IFEH works to promote best practices in environmental health and to advocate for policies that protect the environment and human health.
Significance of World Environmental Health Day
- It is a day to raise awareness of the importance of environmental health and the risks to human health from environmental hazards.
- This day promotes actions to protect human health from environmental hazards.
- It is a day to celebrate the work of environmental health professionals who are working to protect the health of the public.
- This day advocates for policies that protect the environment and human health.
Environmental health is important for everyone, but it is especially important for vulnerable populations, such as children, the elderly, and people with chronic health conditions. Exposure to environmental hazards can lead to a variety of health problems, including respiratory infections, heart disease, cancer, and birth defects.
- New Year’s Day 2024, Traditions, Customs & Celebrations
- 4 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- National Pollution Control Day 2023, Theme, History, Objectives
- Indian Navy Day 2023, Theme, History & Celebrations
- The Life and Legacy of India’s First Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- Legends League Cricket 2023 – Schedule, Venue, Teams