Get All the Important Current Affairs of 3rd Dec 2021 in this blog. It covers all important sections like Banking Current Affairs, Finance Current Affairs, Sports Current Affairs, Latest Appointments, Awards and more. In this blog, you also get to solve Important Current Affairs MCQs of 3rd Dec 2021.
Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 3rd Dec 2021
Economist Intelligence Unit’s has announced the Worldwide Cost of Living Index 2021.
- According to the Index, Tel Aviv, Israel has become the most expensive city in the world to live in in 2021, pushing Paris, France and Singapore jointly to occupy the second spot with Zurich and Hong Kong at the fourth and fifth spots respectively.
- Tel Aviv climbed from 5th place to the top in 2021 due to the rising value of the Israeli currency shekel against the US Dollar along with the increase in the price of grocery and transport.
▪ Syria’s Damascus was ranked as the world’s cheapest city
▪ Established: 1946;
▪ Headquarters: London, United Kingdom;
▪ Global Chief Economist, Managing Director: Simon Baptist.
- The prices of goods and services have risen 3.5% in 2021 which is doubled to 1.9% in 2020.
- Rome, Italy saw the biggest drop in the ranking from 32nd to 48th place, Tehran, Iran rank increased from 79th to 29th place.
- Hong Kong had the most expensive petrol prices, at $2.50 per litre. The prices of branded cigarettes went up 6.7% on average.
All India Radio has decided to begin a new programme called AIRNxt to offer youth a
platform to air their voices as part of the ongoing Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- AIR stations will allow youngsters from local colleges, universities to take part in programming, allowing them to discuss and curate youth-centric shows.
- About 20,000 youth from 1,000 educational institutions will be participating during the next year from every nook and corner of India through 167 AIR stations. This talent hunt show #AIRNxt will be broadcast in all major Indian languages and dialects.
▪ All India Radio Founded: 1936;
▪ All India Radio Headquarters: Sansad Marg, New Delhi;
▪ All India Radio Owner: Prasar Bharati.
State in News
Walmart and its subsidiary Flipkart have signed an MoU with the Department of Micro,
Small, and Medium Enterprises, Government of Madhya Pradesh to create an ecosystem
of capacity building for MSMEs in Madhya Pradesh.
- Under this MoU, Walmart, Flipkart, and MSME Department will assist MSMEs to digitize their business and enable them to sell their products through online retail.
- This initiative comes under the Walmart Vriddhi Supplier Development Programme (Walmart Vriddhi),
- Under this programme, Walmart and Flipkart have partnered with various states including Haryana and Tamil Nadu.
Punjab National Bank will become the promoter of Open Network for Digital Commerce
(ONDC) limited by investing over 9 % (~9.5 %) stake in the company.
- ONDC is yet to be incorporated by the Companies Act 2013. PNB will have 9.5 % equity capital in the ONDC or INR 25 crore, whichever is lower.
- Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) Ltd is being established with a mandate to develop an open network for digital commerce
▪ Founded: 1894
▪ Headquarters: New Delhi
▪ MD & CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
▪ Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
India has joined ‘G20 Troika’ and will work closely with Indonesia and Italy to ensure
consistency and continuity of G20’s agenda.
- Apart from India, Troika consists of Indonesia and Italy. India will assume G20 Presidency in December 2022 from Indonesia and will convene the G20 Leaders’ Summit for the first time in 2023.
- Troika refers to the top grouping within G20 that consists of the current, previous, and incoming presidencies (Indonesia, Italy and India).
▪ Established: 1999
▪ Members: 20 (19 countries + European Union)
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) incubated startup, GUVI has signed Indian
Women’s cricketer Smriti Mandhana as its brand ambassador.
- As the brand ambassador of GUVI, Smriti Mandhana will be the face of GUVI and feature across the online campaigns of GUVI aimed to strengthen the importance and scope of technological education & information technology (IT) skills.
- Equitas Bank appoints Rani Rampal & Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassadors.
- Hero MotoCorp (bat sponsorship), Bata’s sportswear brand POWER, Amstrad India, ITC Vivel and Alcon Laboratories.
India Tourism Development Corporation is a hospitality, retail and education company
owned by Government of India, under Ministry of Tourism. Established in 1966
Sambit Patra has been appointed as the chairman of India Tourism Development
Corporation (ITDC) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
IAS officer, GKV Rao will hold the post of managing director of ITDC.
Arunachal Pradesh (AP) Government has signed Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt as the brand
ambassador and award-winning filmmaker and branding expert Rahul Mittra as brand
advisor of the occasion of their golden jubilee celebrations, marking the 50th year of the
naming of the state.
Sanjay Dutt launched a media campaign for the month-long celebrations, from 20th
January to 20th February 2022 at the Mechuka valley of AP’s Shi-Yomi district.
▪ Became a state on 20 February 1987
▪ Arunachal Pradesh Capital: Itanagar;
▪ Arunachal Pradesh Chief minister: Pema Khandu;
▪ Arunachal Pradesh Governor: B. D. Mishra.
Legendary Indian athlete Anju Bobby George has been bestowed with the Woman of the
Year Award by World Athletics for grooming talent in the country and for her advocacy of
- She won the bronze medal in long jump at the 2003 World Championships in Athletics in Paris.
- Senior Vice President of the Indian Athletics Federation, Anju Bobby George.
- She was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2002, Khel Ratna in 2003 and Padma Shri in 2004
- Anju won the BBC lifetime achievement award for best athlete in India.
Vice-Chancellor (VC) of Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University, V
Praveen Rao wins the 7th Dr M S Swaminathan Award for the period 2017-19.
- It is a biennial national (every 2 years) award that was presented by the retired ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) Employees Association (RICAREA) and Nuziveedu Seeds Limited. It carries a cash prize of INR 2 lakh and a citation.
- This prestigious award was instituted in 2004 in honour of Dr M.S. Swaminathan the main architect of India’s Green Revolution
Current Affairs 3rd Dec 2021 – MCQs
Q. India Ratings and Research has projected India’s FY22 GDP growth forecast at ___________.
Answer: Option C
➢ Ind-Ra expects India’s GDP in the Second Quarter of Financial Year-2022 (Q2 FY22) at 3
percent and in FY22 at 9.4 percent.
➢ Rohit Sawhney – Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
Q. What was the revenue collected from Goods and Services Tax (GST) in November
(a) ₹1.02 lakh crore
(b) ₹1.16 lakh crore
(c) ₹1.12 lakh crore
(d) ₹1.17 lakh crore
(e) ₹1.31 lakh crore
Answer: Option E
▪ The gross GST revenue collected in the month of November 2021 is Rs 1,31,526 crore.
▪ The CGST was Rs 23,978 crore, SGST is Rs 31,127 crore. The IGST was Rs 66,815 crores (of
this Rs 32,165 crores was collected from the goods imported).
▪ The GST revenue collected for the month of November is 25% higher than the GST
revenue of November 2020.
▪ October 2021: Rs 1.30 lakh crores
▪ September 2021: Rs. 1,17,010 crores
▪ August 2021: Rs. 1.12 lakh crores
▪ April 2021: Rs. 1.41 lakh crores (All time Highest)
Q. Who is the head of the committee constituted by NITI Aayog in 2020 to formulate
an action plan for ODR, who has released a report on Online Dispute Resolution?
(a) Baijayant Panda
(b) V G Kannan
(c) Vijay C Daga
(d) Arjan Kumar Sikri
(e) Deepak B Phatak
Answer: Option D
▪ It recommends increasing digital infrastructure, building capacity, regulatory framework.
▪ For the initiation of ODR, NITI Aayog constituted a committee in 2020 to formulate
an action plan for ODR, headed by Justice (Retd) Arjan Kumar Sikri.
▪ Formed: 1 January 2015
▪ Chairperson: Narendra Modi
▪ Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
▪ CEO: Amitabh Kant
Q. Which city has become the first Indian city to start ropeway service as a mode
of public transport?
Answer: Option B
▪ The proposed ropeway will be constructed between Cantt Railway Station (Varanasi
Junction) to Church Square (Godauliya) covering an aerial distance of 3.45 km.
▪ Its outlay is over Rs 400 crore which is divided between Central Government and State
Government at 80:20.
▪ India will be the third country in the world after Bolivia and Mexico to use a ropeway
for public transport.
Q. Which country will build world’s first floating city by 2025?
(e) South Korea
Answer: Option E
▪ South Korea is soon going to get the world’s first floating city, to deal with the problem
of flood due to rising sea levels.
▪ The floating city project is a joint effort by the UN Human Settlement Programme (UNHabit) and OCEANIX.
▪ The floating city will have ‘flood-proof infrastructure’ and comprise several man-made
islands to eliminate the risk of flooding.
That is all from us in this blog on Current Affairs 3rd Dec 2021.