General Awareness for IBPS PO Mains 2023
General Awareness for IBPS PO Mains 2023: The IBPS PO Mains 2023 will be on 5th November 2023. Currently, candidates must be preparing for the IBPS PO Prelims 2023 which will be on 23rd and 30th September 2023. This article will provide a guide to prepare for the General Awareness section in IBPS PO Mains 2023. You can understand the previous year’s questions, their difficulty, and what you can expect for this year’s GA section as well.
General Awareness for IBPS PO Mains 2023 – Overview
Candidates interested in taking the IBPS PO 2023 exam should register for the same, as the date of application has been extended to 28 August 2023. Candidates can find further details below.
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer Examination (IBPS PO)|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Online Registration Dates||Start: 1st August 2023|
Ends: 28th August 2023
|Selection Process||Preliminary, Main, and Interview|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in any discipline.|
IBPS PO Mains 2023 Exam Pattern
The General Awareness section is a part of the IBPS PO Mains exam. Candidates can find the exam pattern for IBPS PO Mains 2023 below-
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Version of Tests||Time||Type of Test|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude |
|45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes||Objective|
|General/ Economy / Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|English Language |
|Data Analysis & Interpretation |
|35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes||Descriptive|
|GRAND TOTAL||225||3 Hours 30 minutes|
As seen from the table above, the GA section makes up 40 marks of the paper with 40 questions. Candidates should also remember that there’s a 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer.
IBPS PO General Awareness Syllabus
Candidates should also check the General Awareness syllabus for IBPS PO Mains. This will help understand the overall topics that will be covered and tested and will make it easier to narrow down the key focus areas.
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Sports News
- Superlatives – India & World
- Science and Tech related to current events
- Important Days
- Govt. Schemes
- Important Appointments
- Economic current affairs
- Important Bank
- Economic and Corporate Appointments
- Bank names, headquarters, and Chairpersons
- Annual Budget
- Economic Survey
- Important Awards & Honours
- Important Days
General Awareness for IBPS PO Mains 2023 – IBPS PO 2022
First, let’s get a brief idea about the General Awareness section in IBPS PO Mains 2022. The exam was held on 26th November 2022. The following points will tell you more about the exam and the GA section in particular.
- Level – Easy
- Most questions were from Current Affairs, particularly from June-October 2022.
Now for candidates to prepare for the IBPS PO Mains GA 2023, starting your General Awareness, especially Current Affairs preparation from June to October will be great. If you’re already preparing, extend it a bit to include Current Affairs from April 2023.
How to Prepare for General Awareness for IBPS PO Mains 2023
Candidates should first know the different topics included in General Awareness.
As you can see, the General Awareness section consists of three distinct parts – Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, and Static GK.
In IBPS PO 2022, the question breakdown was as follows:
|Current Affairs||Banking Awareness||Static GK|
Important Topics to Cover for GA for IBPS PO Mains 2023
Candidates should make sure to thoroughly cover the following topics and their related areas.
- Government Schemes (State or GOI)
- Amrit Dharohar
- PM PRANAM
- Deen Dayal Antyoday Yojna (DAY) – National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM)
- Gem Portal
- MAHIR Scheme
- States in the news (Schemes and News of National Importance)
- International News (India or India-related)
- News related to Banking and the Economy
- Appointments and Resignations (More important for Banking Field)
- Summits – G20, SCO, BRICS, ASEAN, SAARC, BISMTEC
- Maharatna, Navratna, and Miniratna
- The rank of Indians in different Index
- Budget 2023 and Static Budget
- RBI and RBI in News
- Business Acquisition and Merger
- UPI recent news and CDBC News
- Fine imposed by RBI, SEBI, and CCI
- Awards, Inaugurations, and City Renaming
IBPS PO General Awareness Prep Resources
Candidates can find the list of preparation materials that will help them with their preparation for IBPS PO General Awareness-
- IBPS PO Mock Test
- Weekly Current Affairs PDF 2022 for Banking, SSC, Railways, RBI
- Monthly Current Affairs 2023 for Banking, SSC, Railway, UPSC Exams, Download PDF
- Oliveboard BOLT Current Affairs in Hindi  – Monthly PDF capsule
- IBPS PO Interview Questions and Answers, Download Ebook
- IBPS PO Prelims Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- IBPS PO Application Form 2023 Out, Last Date Extended
- IBPS PO Mains Admit Card 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- IBPS PO Notification 2023, Complete Information
- IBPS PO Mains Exam Date 2023 Out, Check the Detailed Schedule
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.