The inaugural ‘Joint Doctrine Review Conference – 2023’ (JDRC-2023) took place at the Manekshaw Centre on September 22, 2023. The conference was presided over by Air Marshal Jeetendra Mishra, who serves as the Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff, responsible for Doctrine Organisation and Training.
About Joint Doctrine Review Conference 2023
The inaugural conference served a historic purpose by fostering synergy and enhancing mutual understanding between the Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS) and the three Services in shaping Doctrines. It reviewed the progress of Joint Doctrines and facilitated the exchange of best practices and ongoing initiatives in doctrinal matters.
The conference encompassed two sessions, focusing on the Joint Doctrine Formulation Process and the evaluation of ongoing and future Joint and Service Doctrines across various domains, including Cyberspace, Amphibious, and Space. The event was fruitful, accomplishing its intended objectives.
Subject Matter Experts from the Doctrine Development Agencies of HQ IDS, the three Services, and members from renowned Think Tanks participated in the conference.
Topics of Discussion
The conference discussed a wide range of issues related to joint doctrine, including the following:
- The role of the Indian Armed Forces in the contemporary security environment.
- The need for joint doctrine to be adaptable and responsive to the changing nature of warfare.
- The importance of joint doctrine in promoting interoperability and cooperation between the three services.
The conference also reviewed the progress of ongoing joint doctrine formulation projects and discussed the future direction of joint doctrine development in India.
The Joint Doctrine Review Conference 2023 was a success and achieved its stated aims. The conference helped to synergize and bridge gaps in understanding between HQ IDS and the three services in the formulation of doctrine. It also helped to promote best practices and ongoing initiatives on doctrinal issues.
The Joint Doctrine Review Conference – 2023 is a significant step forward in the development of joint doctrine in India. It is a testament to the commitment of the Indian Armed Forces to jointness and interoperability.
- 24 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- Central Excise Day 2024 (24th February), Theme & History
- National Science Day 2024 (28th February), Theme & History
- International Women’s Day 2024 (8th March), Theme, Significance
- National Cinema Day 2024 (11th October), Theme & History
- Centre Launches Sale of ‘Bharat Atta’ at an MRP of ₹ 27.50/Kg