Let us move ahead in this new year by learning something new daily. What would be better than learning a few new English words daily which will not only enhance our English Language Vocabulary but also would raise our confidence levels while having day-to-day conversations in the English Language? We will be coming up with this daily article on Oliveboard giving you a list of English Vocabulary Words taken from The Hindu Editorial, with their correct meanings, synonyms, antonyms and correct usage. This blog-post will aid you immensely in your competitive exams preparation if you are consistent in reading this article daily. So, read along the Daily Vocabulary Words 17 January 2020.
- The Hindu – Daily Vocabulary Words 17 January 2020
- Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation
The Hindu – Daily Vocabulary Words 17 January 2020
|Meanings & Synonyms||Antonyms||
|Duality||The quality or condition of being dual.
Dualism, Duplexity, Ambivalence, Dichotomy
|Single, Oneness||His poems reveal the duality of his nature, the joy and hope, the fear and despair.|
|Fervour||Intense and passionate feeling.
Ardour, Intensity, Zeal, Vehemence
|Apathy||The country was swept by patriotic fervour.|
|Flawed||Having or characterized by a fundamental weakness or imperfection.
Unsound, Defective, Faulty, Distorted, Inaccurate, Incorrect
|Sound||Diamonds are still valuable, even when they are flawed.|
|Internationalising||To make something international.
Bring a place or an issue under the protection or control of two or more nations.
|Centralise, Centralization, Centralize||Bob Marley internationalized reggae, making it known throughout the world.|
|Morph||Change smoothly from one image to another by small gradual steps using computer animation techniques.
To gradually change, or change someone or something, from one thing to another.
Deform, Wring, Distort, Contort
|Stay, Straighten, Unbend, Untwist, Undercharge.||He grew up watching his elder brother Joe morph from a difficult child to a drug addict.|
|Multitude||A large number of people or things.
Cram, Crowd, Crush, Drove, Flock, Herd, Horde
|The city has a multitude of problems, from homelessness to drugs and murder.|
|Overkill||Excessive use, treatment, or action.
Bellyful, Excess, Fat, Overabundance, Overage, Overflow
|Should I add an explanation, or would that be overkill?|
|Overwhelming||Very great in amount.
Profuse, Enormous, Immense, Inordinate, Massive
|Small||She felt an overwhelming urge to tell someone about what had happened.|
|Resounding||Unmistakable, Emphatic.||Faint||The evening was a resounding success.|
|Unconstructive||Not having a useful or beneficial purpose; Negative.||Productive, Helpful, Handy, Useful||This approach was unconstructive as it gave no incentive to develop.|
We hope that you find the blog “Daily Vocabulary Words 17 January 2020“ and its contents beneficial. Stay-tuned to Oliveboard for more such articles.
- NABARD Bank Recruitment 2020 – Grade A Officer Notification Released
- EPFO Enforcement Officer Recruitment 2020
- SSC CHSL Vacancies 2019 (Tentative): Released
- SBI Clerk Apply Online 2020 – 8000 Vacancies – Application Link Activated – Apply Now
- SBI PO Online Course 2020 – Join for Your Online Exam Preparation | Starts 13th Jan 2020
- RBI Assistant Apply Online 2019 – Check Now @ rbi.org.in
- RBI Assistant Online Course: Join The Course At Oliveboard Edge Now
Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation
Unlimited Access: Any Course, Any Time
1. Now don’t wait for any exam notification to come. Start preparing for it whenever you want. The earlier you start, the better it would be. Short term courses or the long term courses, choose what you need. Once you subscribe to Edge 2020, you’ll get access to all the courses* available at the platform. Choose any course, any time, whenever you like. Just Do it Your Way!
Current Courses Running on Oliveboard EDGE:
1. IBPS PO Interview Batch
An interview special series for the upcoming IBPS PO interviews. Everything you need to know to successfully showcase yourself as the perfect candidate for the job. Includes pointers on Preparation, Expected conversation topics, Dress code and Body Language in the interview through a series of sessions, a sample interview and doubt resolution by SME.
2. SBI Clerk Cracker 2020
Oliveboard brings you a unique course that will help you crack the exam by focusing on the most important topics.
3. RBI Assistant Cracker
RBI Assistant Cracker is a well-designed course covering all the sections for RBI Assistant Prelims and Mains exams. The course has been designed to help you master the tips, tricks and strategies to clear the prelims exam.
4. SSC CGL Brahmastra
This course will cover all topics under Quant, English, Reasoning and General Awareness. Extra sessions for Tier 2 will be conducted after the Tier 1 exam.
5. SBI PO 2020 Foundation Course
SBI PO Basic course is a part of SBI PO 2020 Complete course and will help you strengthen your basic concepts of each section purely from an exam standpoint.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now