Let us move ahead in this new year by learning something new daily. What would be better than learning a few new English words daily which will not only enhance our English Language Vocabulary but also would raise our confidence levels while having day-to-day conversations in the English Language? We will be coming up with this daily article on Oliveboard giving you a list of English Vocabulary Words taken from The Hindu Editorial, with their correct meanings, synonyms, antonyms and correct usage. This blog-post will aid you immensely in your competitive exams preparation if you are consistent in reading this article daily. So, read along the Daily Vocabulary Words 21 January 2020.
- The Hindu – Daily Vocabulary Words 21 January 2020
- Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation
The Hindu – Daily Vocabulary Words 21 January 2020
|Meanings & Synonyms||Antonyms||
|Akin||Of similar character.
Related, Close, Near, Corresponding, Comparable
|Unlike||The dog and fox are closely akin.|
|Charade||An absurd pretence intended to create a pleasant or respectable appearance.
Farce, Pantomime, Travesty, Mockery, Parody, Pretence, Act
|Bluntness, Candidness, Candour, Directness, Forthrightness, Frankness,||Everyone knew who was going to get the job from the start – the interviews were just a charade.|
|Expedition||A journey undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, especially that of exploration, research, or war.
Journey, Voyage, Tour, Odyssey, Undertaking, Enterprise
|We’re going on a shopping expedition on Saturday.|
|Inconspicuous||Not clearly visible or attracting attention.
Unobtrusive, Unnoticeable, Unremarkable, Unspectacular, Unostentatious
|Conspicuous, Noticeable, High-profile
|This type of bird is very inconspicuous because of its dull feathers.|
|Manoeuvring||Move skillfully or carefully.
Carefully guide or manipulate someone or something in order to achieve an end.
Intrigue, Plot, Scheme, Plan, Lay plans, Conspire
|Directness||He claimed he knew nothing about the political manoeuvrings which had got him into power.|
|Overhaul||If you overhaul a system or method, you examine it carefully and make many changes in it in order to improve it.||The government has recently overhauled the healthcare system.|
|Plummet||Fall or drop straight down at high speed.
Plunge, Fall Headlong, Hurtle, Nosedive, Dive, Drop, Crash
|Arise, Ascend, Lift, Mount, Rise, Soar, Spike, Up||House prices have plummeted in recent months.|
|Testimony||A formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law.
Evidence or proof of something.
Evidence, Sworn statement, Attestation, Affidavit, Statement
|There were contradictions in her testimony.|
|Trespassing||Enter someone’s land or property without permission.
Intrude on, encroach on, Invade
|Noninfringement||I hope this is a public footpath and we’re not trespassing on someone’s land.|
|Unauthorised||Not having official permission or approval.
Unofficial, Unsanctioned, Uncertified, Unaccredited, Unlicensed
|Authorized, Official, Lawful
|This unauthorised biography of the star has sold over 10,000 copies in its first week in print.|
We hope that you find the blog “Daily Vocabulary Words 21 January 2020“ and its contents beneficial. Stay-tuned to Oliveboard for more such articles.
- NABARD Bank Recruitment 2020 – Grade A Officer Notification Released
- EPFO Enforcement Officer Recruitment 2020
- SSC CHSL Vacancies 2019 (Tentative): Released
- SBI Clerk Apply Online 2020 – 8000 Vacancies – Application Link Activated – Apply Now
- SBI PO Online Course 2020 – Join for Your Online Exam Preparation | Starts 13th Jan 2020
- RBI Assistant Apply Online 2019 – Check Now @ rbi.org.in
- RBI Assistant Online Course: Join The Course At Oliveboard Edge Now
Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation
Unlimited Access: Any Course, Any Time
1. Now don’t wait for any exam notification to come. Start preparing for it whenever you want. The earlier you start, the better it would be. Short term courses or the long term courses, choose what you need. Once you subscribe to Edge 2020, you’ll get access to all the courses* available at the platform. Choose any course, any time, whenever you like. Just Do it Your Way!
Current Courses Running on Oliveboard EDGE:
1. IBPS PO Interview Batch
An interview special series for the upcoming IBPS PO interviews. Everything you need to know to successfully showcase yourself as the perfect candidate for the job. Includes pointers on Preparation, Expected conversation topics, Dress code and Body Language in the interview through a series of sessions, a sample interview and doubt resolution by SME.
2. SBI Clerk Cracker 2020
Oliveboard brings you a unique course that will help you crack the exam by focusing on the most important topics.
3. RBI Assistant Cracker
RBI Assistant Cracker is a well-designed course covering all the sections for RBI Assistant Prelims and Mains exams. The course has been designed to help you master the tips, tricks and strategies to clear the prelims exam.
4. SSC CGL Brahmastra
This course will cover all topics under Quant, English, Reasoning and General Awareness. Extra sessions for Tier 2 will be conducted after the Tier 1 exam.
5. SBI PO 2020 Foundation Course
SBI PO Basic course is a part of SBI PO 2020 Complete course and will help you strengthen your basic concepts of each section purely from an exam standpoint.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now