Ratio and Proportion Questions for SSC CGL: Ratio and Proportion is an important topic that comes under the quantitative aptitude section of competitive exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL. Generally, there are 4-5 questions asked from this topic in these exams.
In this blog, we are discussing some of the questions of ratio and proportion that will be helpful for the students in their preparation.
Table of Contents
SSC CGL Ratio Proportion Questions
1. A company, at the time of inflation reduced the staff in the ratio 5: 3 and average salary per employee is increased in the ratio 7: 8. By doing so, the company saved Rs 55000. What was the initial expenditure (in Rs) of company?
2. A, B and C received an amount of Rs 8400 and distributed among themselves in the ratio of 6 : 8 : 7 respectively. If they save in the ratio of 3 : 2 : 4 respectively and B saves Rs 400, then what is the ratio of the expenditures of A, B and C respectively?
(a) 9 : 14 : 10
(b) 6 : 8 : 7
(c) 12 : 7 : 9
(d) 8 : 6 : 7
3. The ratio of number of cans of orange, pineapple and mixed fruit juices kept in a store is 8 : 9 : 15. If the store sells 25%, 33.33% and 20% of orange, pineapple and mixed fruit juices cans respectively, then what is the ratio of number of cans of these juices in the remaining stock?
(a) 12 : 15 : 19
(b) 6 : 6 : 13
(c) 4 : 9 : 13
(d) 1 : 1 : 2
4. The ratio of number of cans of orange, pineapple and mixed fruit juices kept in a store is 8 : 9 : 15. If the store sells 25%, 33.33% and 20% of orange, pineapple and mixed fruit juices cans respectively, then what is the ratio of number of cans of these juices in the remaining stock?
5. Find the fourth proportion of 14, 18, 28
The following was a sneak peek into the contents of the e-book, for the complete e-book containing the full set of questions with solutions the candidates/aspirants can download using the link provided below.
How to Download SSC CGL Ratio and Proportions E-book?
Step 1: Click on the download link. You will be redirected to Oliveboard’s FREE E-Books Page.
Step 2: Create a free Oliveboard account or login using your existing Oliveboard account details
Step 3: Download the book by clicking on the link presented on the page.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
This blog was all about the topic Ratio and Proportion Questions for SSC CGL. We hope that it will prove beneficial for exam preparation. For more updates, stay connected with Oliveboard.