As we all know that the IBPS PO preliminary examination is over, and now it is the time to focus on its IBPS PO mains examination. For most of the students, the IBPS PO mains Quant section (Data Analysis and Interpretation) is a difficult section to attempt when it comes to mains examination. In this blog, we are going to provide you the best attempt strategy for Quant Section in IBPS PO Mains to help you to improve your skills and assure you to score well in the mains examination.
IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
IBPS PO Mains consists of 4 sections. It has the following exam pattern –
|Name of Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Time allotted for each section|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
As clearly mentioned in the pattern, 35 questions would be asked in this section, and you will have to finish this section in 45 minutes.
As the name suggests, Data Analysis & Interpretation comprises the major chunk of Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency questions. Now, the level of DI is higher in the Mains exam as the application of Arithmetic topics and logical cases are used in it.
Attempt Strategy for Quant Section in IBPS PO Mains Exam
Below are a few important points that will surely help you frame your strategy.
1. To start attempting any section, you should start with the topic where your confidence in the examination will boost up and this uncertainty will always be there in the examination to which topic will pick first and which one later. So for this attempting Mock tests will be very helpful and by giving a lot of mock tests you will have an idea of how to attempt this section according to your strengths.
2. You should not attempt Mock tests in a similar pattern cause nowadays, there are lots of surprises in the examination. If you picked Data Interpretation first in one mock test, then in the next mock test you should pick an Arithmetic topic or Data sufficiency topic and pick some other questions which make you uncomfortable.
3. A mock test is a simulation exercise and there you have to put yourself in an uncomfortable position deliberately. So, that you can deal with surprises of examination.
Subscribe to Oliveboard Edge to get Unlimited Access to all the courses available on the platform.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now