As we all know that the IBPS PO preliminary examination is over, and now it is the time to focus on its IBPS PO mains examination. For most of the students, the IBPS PO mains Quant section (Data Analysis and Interpretation) is a difficult section to attempt when it comes to mains examination. In this blog, we are going to provide you the best attempt strategy for Quant Section in IBPS PO Mains to help you to improve your skills and assure you to score well in the mains examination.
Table of Contents
IBPS PO 2022 Mains Exam Pattern
IBPS PO Mains consists of 4 sections. It has the following exam pattern –
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Version of Tests||Time||Type of Test|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude |
|45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes||Objective|
|General/ Economy / Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|English Language |
|Data Analysis & Interpretation |
|35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes||Descriptive|
|GRAND TOTAL||225||3 Hours 30 minutes|
As clearly mentioned in the pattern, 35 questions would be asked in this section, and you will have to finish this section in 45 minutes.
As the name suggests, Data Analysis & Interpretation comprises the major chunk of Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency questions. Now, the level of DI is higher in the Mains exam as the application of Arithmetic topics and logical cases are used in it.
Attempt Strategy for Quant Section in IBPS PO Mains Exam 2022
Below are a few important points that will surely help you frame your strategy.
- To start attempting any section, you should start with the topic where your confidence in the examination will boost up and this uncertainty will always be there in the examination to which topic will pick first and which one later. So for this attempting Mock tests will be very helpful and by giving a lot of mock tests you will have an idea of how to attempt this section according to your strengths.
- You should not attempt Mock tests in a similar pattern cause nowadays, there are lots of surprises in the examination. If you picked Data Interpretation first in one mock test, then in the next mock test you should pick an Arithmetic topic or Data sufficiency topic and pick some other questions which make you uncomfortable.
- A mock test is a simulation exercise and there you have to put yourself in an uncomfortable position deliberately. So, that you can deal with surprises of examination.
IBPS PO Mains Exam 2022: General Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to clear the IBPS PO Exam 2022
- Make Time Table- Many students apply for any exam but then do not study systematically. For systematic study you need a proper time table. So first of all prepare a time table covering all the topics asked in the exam.
- Read good books: There are plenty of books available in the market, but reading all of them will be of no use. Refer to the standard books only. If you have notes from your coaching institute then refer to them for your preparation.
- Practice is the key: One thing that sets toppers apart is the habit of Practicing as much as they can. For this exam, Practice is the key, you have to practice a lot of questions before appearing in the actual exam.
- Mock Tests: Join a mock test series for better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can immensely help you in acing this exam.
- Previous Year Question Papers: Go through the previous year question papers, It will help you to get a better idea of the level of exam and the kind of questions asked.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.