How to Crack SBI Clerk Exam in First Attempt : State Bank of India have released the official notification for the recruitment of clerks for the year 2022. The notification will certainly be released in the month of June 2022. Candidates have more than 2 months left for their preparation. Needless to explain, this makes this phase the best time to give a finishing touch to your preparation for SBI Clerk 2022. But before starting the preparation for the SBI Clerk 2022, every student has this one question in mind “How to clear SBI Clerk Exam in first attempt”. In this blog, we bring to you a beginner’s preparation strategy for SBI Clerk preparation 2022, and we will also tell you what you can do to clear the SBI Clerk exam in the very first attempt. So read along and know how to crack SBI Clerk in your First Attempt.
Table of Contents
- How to Crack SBI Clerk Exam in First Attempt?
- How to Approach SBI Clerk As A Beginner?
- SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
- SBI Clerk Preparation 2022: Detailed Section-wise Preparation Strategy
- SBI Clerk Mock Tests 2022
How to Crack SBI Clerk Exam in First Attempt?
Thousands of banking aspirants clear the exam every year in their first attempt. Although the duration of their preparation may vary. Some of them might be preparing for a year or more, some might have done the deed in a single month of preparation. Each of the success story have its own distinctiveness and strategy. But these successful strategies can be summarized more or less like the following steps. Remember the mantra for successful preparation strategy. Here are the steps that you can follow to clear the SBI clerk exam in the first attempt.:
|Step -1||Build Basic Concepts|
|Step -2||Practice Daily|
|Step -3||Revise Weekly|
|Step -4||Give 1 Mock Test per week|
|Step -5||Spend time on Mock Test Analysis|
|Step -6||Strengthen your strengths and improve on your weaknesses|
How to Approach SBI Clerk As A Beginner?
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
Before we dive into the definitive section preparation strategy, let’s take a quick look at the SBI Clerk 2022 exam pattern.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Note: *1/4th of mark assigned for a question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SBI Clerk Preparation 2022: Detailed Section-wise Preparation Strategy
One can notice that the SBI Clerk prelims 2022 paper essentially has 3 separate papers of 20 minutes each. That said, having an effective question selection strategy becomes of utmost importance. Making the most of these 20 minutes and attempting the maximum possible number of questions with a good accuracy factor is what will decide your fate in the examination.
And to crack SBI Clerk In First Attempt, the only thing required is a thorough preparation, which means:
1. Clarity of concepts: Develop a stronghold over your basics.
2. Knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses: Space out your mocks test attempts evenly throughout the course of your preparation and devote a good amount of time analysing your attempts.
3. Build your own question selection and attempt strategy.
SBI Clerk Preparation 2022: Preparation Strategy For Numerical Ability
SBI Clerk 2022 Syllabus for Numerical Ability
- Number Series
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Problem on ages
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Percentages & Partnership
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Boats & Streams
- Averages & Mixtures
- Simple & Compound Interest
SBI Clerk 2022 Preparation Strategy for Numerical Ability
1. In Simplification, some of the most common topics are: Surds and Powers, Ratios, Percentages and the first step would be to clear your basics and then move on to the next stage practice questions.
2. Some common series types in Number Series are Squares and Cubes, Geometric, two-staged and mixed number Thus, it is advisable to memorize all squares up to 30 and Cubes up to 30. This will make it easier for you to identify series at the first glance and hence, will help you improve your speed. The key to mastering this particular topic is daily practice. Attempting 4-5 questions, daily without fail and from various sources will take you a long way.
3. Data Interpretation is one topic that can be calculation Some recurring question types are: Tables, Bar graphs, Line graphs and Pie charts. Make sure you practice at least question of each type. This will help you comprehend the data sets more quickly as you will be familiar and also will help you increase your speed. Another important thing to do here would be to remember some fraction to decimal conversions. This will help you increase your speed of solving questions.
4. Quadratic Equations: These questions would again require you to be strong in Tables, HCF, Quick Calculation Techniques etc. Practice and quick tricks would take you through.
5. Miscellaneous Questions: These are word problems based on Averages, Ages, Percentages, Ratio & Proportion, Boats & Streams, Pipes & Cisterns, Mensuration, Profit & Loss, SI & CI, Time, Speed & Distance, Time & Work etc. Be strong with basic formulae of these topics and practice a few questions on a daily basis.
SBI Clerk Preparation 2022: Preparation Strategy For the English Language
Many candidates find preparing for the English language section difficult. And it’s only valid! Unlike numerical ability or Reasoning Ability, English does not have a fixed syllabus. Here, we would be looking at the following:
- Exam pattern
- Important topics for the English language
- Preparation tips
SBI Clerk 2022 Syllabus for the English Language
Let us first take a look at the detailed syllabus for the English language in SBI Clerk 2022 prelims. Following are some important topics:
- Vocabulary – Antonyms and Synonyms
- Sentence Completion
- Basic English Grammar
- Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement, Parts of Speech
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Spotting
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Para Jumbles
- Phrases and Idioms
- Fill in the Blanks
As we mentioned in the previous section, SBI Clerk Prelims have sectional time limits for each section. Thus, it’s important to understand that it’s imperative to make good use of the 20 minutes that you will be spending on this section to achieve a good score. In the following section, we will be discussing the preparation strategy for the English language section.
SBI Clerk 2022 Preparation Strategy for the English Language
Grammar forms the basis of important question types such as Sentence Rearrangement, Idioms & Phrases, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction etc. To build on your grammar by referring to helpful books such as Wren & Martin. These help you with your preparation as they cover exactly what is covered in the exam.
The expected questions types would be Reading Comprehension, Single Filler, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Spelling Errors, Phrase Replacement.
Use the following tips as a guide to prepare for or to attempt RC A good reading speed gives you an edge to score well in the exam, so make sure while preparing for RC you also work on your reading speed.
1. Strictly stick to what is given in the passage and assume NOTHING else; even if it is true in day today Do NOT make any assumptions whatsoever.
2. It is essential to balance speed and accuracy to score well in any competitive exam. The best way in which you can gauge this is via practising multiple mock tests. Mock tests not only condition you for the real-time exam but also help you analyze your areas of strength and weaknesses.
3. RC passages can range from a variety of topics such as Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, Politics or even We never know what might come our way. Hence, it is important that we establish a level of comfort with all such genres by reading from multiple sources. Newspapers, especially the editorials and the weekend specials are a good place to start.
4. A major problem that all candidates face while solving RC questions is that they get confused between 2 This happens because we read to understand only what the statements say; whereas the RC questions demand our understanding of the writer’s/author’s perspective as well (this is known as reading between the lines).
5. Just as for grammar, vocabulary is tested both directly and indirectly in the exam. There might be difficult words in the passage that may make it difficult for you to understand what is being talked about (indirect testing of vocabulary). There may be direct questions on synonyms, Hence, reading from a variety of sources is a must. Make sure you add at least 10 new words every day.
SBI Clerk Preparation 2022: Preparation Strategy For the Reasoning Ability
Let us first take a look at the detailed syllabus for reasoning in SBI Clerk 2022 prelims. Following are some important topics:
- Alphanumeric & Numeric Series
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Order & Ranking
- Seating Arrangement Puzzles
SBI Clerk 2022 Reasoning: Topic-wise Preparation Tips
It is one of the scoring topics in the reasoning section as it is not very time taking. Broadly, the inequality question type can be categorized as follows:
- Direct Inequalities
- Coded Inequalities
Practising a good number of questions from this topic will help you improve both speed and accuracy.
A new pattern has been introduced to this topic. Her conclusions are given in questions and statements are given in answers. This is known as a reverse syllogism. Practice all question types to master this topic.
3. Alphanumeric Series / Number Series / Alphabet Series
The key to this topic is a good observation skill which can only be developed through practice and clear concepts. Learn some shortcuts and common series patterns to be able to identify them quickly.
4. Seating Arrangement & Puzzles
Practice the questions of linear, circular and square seating arrangements. Some of the most important puzzle types are floor-based puzzles, calendar-related puzzles, scheduling and comparison-based puzzles.
The puzzles and seating arrangement questions consisting of negative information are usually on the tougher side. So practice them well. Also, for seating arrangement questions, be thorough with the inward-outward facing concepts.
5. Blood Relations
A technique that many people find useful in solving the blood relation questions is to apply the question to oneself and solve accordingly. A caveat here is, never to assume gender. Only consider what is mentioned explicitly in the question.
6. Direction Sense
Learn the concepts of directions, cardinal directions, sunrise, sunset, etc. It’s preferable not to solve these questions verbally. Always draw a sketch.
7. Order and Ranking
There are rules and formulas for this chapter that you must know in order to solve them accurately in minimum time. Understand questions of left and right as well as top and bottom and between.
The best way would be to practice Mock Tests and thoroughly analyse each and every question asked there.
We hope that now you must have got the answer to the questions: “How to Crack SBI Clerk Exam in First Attempt?” Hope this helps you prepare better. All the best!
SBI Clerk Mock Tests 2022
- 20 SBI Clerk Prelims Mock Tests
- 10 SBI Clerk Mains Mock Tests
- 30 High-level English, DI and Reasoning Practice Tests
- 60 SBI Clerk Prelims Sectional Tests
- 30 SBI Clerk Mains Sectional Tests
- 45 Speed Improvement Tests
- 99 Topic Tests for SBI Clerk
We offer SBI Clerk 2022 Online Course for your complete online preparation for the exam. You just need to stay tuned. This Online course will prepare you for all the facets of the Prelims Exam (English, Reasoning & Numerical Ability) so that you could score high and cross the SBI Clerk Prelims cut-off 2022. And that is all we have for you in this blog – How to crack SBI Clerk Exam in First Attempt?
Yes, you can clear SBI Clerk in the first attempt with proper preparation and strategy. You can check the blog above in order to understand how you can clear the SBI clerk exam in the first attempt.
You can check the points mentioned above in order to clear the SBI clerk exam in the first attempt.
Yes, every year a lot of students clear SBI clerk exam in the very first attempt that to just after their graduation.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
- बैंक, एसएससी, रेलवे और अन्य सरकारी परीक्षाएं के लिए नि:शुल्क मॉक टेस्ट
- एसबीआई क्लर्क स्टडी प्लान 2022 | 50 दिन का एसबीआई क्लर्क प्रारंभिक अध्ययन योजना
- एसबीआई क्लर्क सिलेबस 2022: विषयवार प्रारंभिक और मुख्य परीक्षा सिलेबस की जानकारी यहां से प्राप्त करें
I enjoy creating SEO-friendly, information-rich marketing content. Cooking is therapeutic! I like to cook and eat it too!
- Free Mock Tests, Courses, Videos and Ebooks – DOWNLOAD Oliveboard App
- Attempt Free SBI PO Mock Test now
- Attempt IBPS SO 2022 – Free Mock Test
- Attempt Free SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test now
- Latest Pattern SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Test – Attempt Now
- Latest Pattern SSC CHSL Tier 1 & Tier 2 Mock Tests – Attempt Now