Tomorrow that is 12th of October 2019, is the first day of IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2019. And here we are for all the aspirants with IBPS PO Attempt Strategy & Last Minute Tips by Oliveboard Experts. Read the tips very carefully and apply the same while attempting the paper.
IBPS PO Attempt Strategy & Last Minute Tips
1. First of all, have a firm belief in your abilities. Trust your abilities and don’t let any negative vibes affect your confidence.
2. Go with a positive mindset for the exam.
3. Make yourself mentally prepared for the paper, that you are going to attempt it with full rigour and come out victorious.
4. Don’t take up any Mock Test now. Taking up Mock test now will put you under unnecessary pressure of performance and can lower your level of confidence.
5. Gather the necessary documents like your Admit Card, Identity card and its photocopies, Passport Size Photographs, Stationery items like pen, pencil, eraser, sharpener etc.
6. Try to reach the location of the exam at least half an hour before the time mentioned in the Admit card/Call Letter.
7. Talk positive and make yourself calm after you reach the Exam location.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
Let us first take a quick glance at the IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern.
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for the question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
IBPS PO Attempt Strategy 2019 – By Oliveboard Expert Faculty
The tips and attempt strategy is recommended by the Faculty members of Reasoning, English & Quantitative Aptitude at Oliveboard.
I. IBPS PO Attempt Strategy – Reasoning Ability
1. Paper will most probably be of moderate level. Take up the first 30 seconds to scan the complete reasoning ability section. This exercise will help you understand the level of paper and types of questions that are asked. After scanning the paper, you can decide which questions to attempt first so that the attempts can be maximized.
2. There are good chances that the following question types might be asked.
- 4 Seating Arrangement & Puzzles – 20 Marks Approx.
- Inequality – 5 Marks
- Direction Sense – 2 Marks
- Blood Relations – 3 Marks
- Syllogisms – 5 Marks
- Data Sufficiency (will be asked if the difficulty level of the paper is high)
- Input-Output (will be asked if the difficulty level of the paper is high)
3. Attempt the standalone questions like easy Inequalities, Direction sense, Blood Relations, Syllogisms in the beginning. Then move on to Seating Arrangement & Puzzle type questions.
4. Attempt the questions with accuracy.
5. Try that none of the marks are lost due to negative marks.
II. IBPS PO Attempt Strategy – English Language
1. Don’t think about the number of attempts & cut off marks as of now. These will depend upon the difficulty level of the paper.
2. Remember that in English section accuracy & speed will play a major role.
3. Don’t think about the marks that you scored in mock tests now. Just revise the basic rules of Grammar and other basic things that come you came across while reading the solutions of the Oliveboard Mock Tests.
4. When it comes to the question ” How to attempt the English Section?”. We would recommend that go sequence-wise and attempt easy questions & keep lengthy ones for last.
5. Read the question pattern carefully. Do not assume anything.
6. Attempt simple Fillers & Error Detection type questions in the beginning. Keep the Para-jumble type questions for the last. These consume a lot of time and then also one can never be sure of the accuracy in the solutions.
7. Attempt the Reading Comprehensions & Cloze Test questions in the middle of the paper. Be very focussed and calm while attempting these. Attempt the Synonym/Antonyms first and then move on to the other questions of the RCs.
8. Try to maximize your attempts but with accuracy.
III. IBPS PO Attempt Strategy – Quantitative Aptitude
1. First 30 to 40 seconds are to be given to scan the paper of quants.
2. Ideal Attempt – 22 – 25 questions
3. Attempt to be maximized so that the overall cut off can be cleared.
4. Types of questions to be Expected
- Series (Missing) – 5 Q
- Quadratic Equations – 5 Q
- DI – 10-15 Q
- Arithmetic – 8-10 Q
- Simplification/approximation – 5 Q
- Quantity comparison (Q1 & Q2) – (will be asked if the difficulty level of the paper is high)
5. Do not get stuck on a single question. Be very calm and mindful of each and every question asked.
6. First, go for Simplification/Approximations → Quadratic Equations → Number Series → DI → Arithmetic Word Problems.
Note: You can alter the order of your attempt as per your strengths and weaknesses.
We hope that this blog helps you in devising your attempt strategy.
All the best for the paper. We at Oliveboard pray that you perform very well and emerge victorious in the IBPS PO Prelims paper.
If you want to have a look and hear from our Faculties then watch this video.
IBPS PO Admit Card 2019 – Download Prelims Call Letter Here