The Common Admission Test (CAT) is one of the most competitive entrance exams in India, serving as a gateway for admission into prestigious management institutes such as the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).
|Free CAT Live Test 7||16 – 17 September 2023||Attempt Now|
|Free CAT Live Test 8||23 – 24 September 2023||Attempt Now|
|Free CAT Live Test 9||30 September – 1 October 2023||Attempt Now|
|Free CAT Live Test 10||7 – 8 October 2023||Attempt Now|
|Free CAT Live Test 11||14 – 15 October 2023||Attempt Now|
|Free CAT Live Test 12||21 – 22 October 2023||Attempt Now|
|Free CAT Live Test 13||28 – 29 October 2023||Attempt Now|
IS Calculator Allowed in CAT 2023 ?
Calculator usage is permitted in the CAT exam, but personal calculators are prohibited. Instead, an on-screen calculator will be provided on the computer for students to use during the test.
The CAT exam calculator stands as a unique on-screen tool, purpose-built for standardized assessments like GMAT, GRE, and LSAT. Unlike comprehensive scientific calculators, its capabilities are streamlined to adhere to testing regulations.
Within the CAT exam, the on-screen calculator encompasses essential arithmetic functions encompassing addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Additionally, it boasts two distinctive functions aimed at simplifying calculations – a reciprocal button for swift computation of reciprocals and a square root button to facilitate square root calculations. These functions are intentionally curated to strike a balance between aiding candidates in intricate calculations and maintaining an equitable and standardized testing environment for all participants.
Tips to Use Calculator in CAT Exam 2023
- To use the calculator in the exam, just click on the calculator icon you see on the screen.
- When you do that, a calculator will pop up on the screen. You can use this calculator to do basic math stuff like adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- You have two options to work with it: you can type in numbers using your keyboard, or you can click the buttons with your mouse to put in the numbers and do calculations.
- If you need to start over with new math, there’s a button with a “C” on it. If you click that, it’ll clear the calculator screen so you can begin fresh.
- And when you’re done using the calculator, you can close it by clicking on the same calculator icon you clicked before to open it. That way, the calculator will go away, and you can continue with the exam.
IS Calculator Allowed in CAT 2023 – FAQs
Ans. The CAT exam allows you to use a calculator, but there’s a specific rule: you can’t bring your own calculator. This means you can’t use the calculator you usually use. But don’t worry, because the exam itself will give you a special calculator that appears right on the computer screen. You won’t need to bring anything extra.
Ans. Yes, virtual calculator available in CAT.
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in