With just days to go for the NIACL AO Phase II, here are some last-minute tips. Some of these tips may appear basic but are vital as the NIACL AO Phase II is a speed-based exam and small optimizations at your end can help you score a few extra marks. Here are a few Last-minute tips for NIACL AO Phase II exam.
Last Minute Tips for NIACL AO Phase II exam | All You Need To Know
Tips for NIACL AO Phase II exam | Before the exam
1) Do not practice or study the night before or on the day of the exam. Keep your mind fresh and active to help you stay focused for 60 minutes. People underestimate the value of a clear, relaxed mind. Also, you must refrain from reading any new topics. It’s better to revise what you already know and have practiced enough rather than read a new topic.
2) Ensure you get a good night’s sleep (at least 8 hours) before your exam. Lack of adequate sleep can render the mind significantly slow especially when speed is the key during the exam.
3) Reach the center well ahead of time to avoid any nervous energy and stress creeping in. Stress can further reduce your performance in a time-sensitive test. If you are not aware of the center, visit it a few days before the exam to get yourself acquainted.
4) Carry the following with you: Exam Admit Card, original Photo ID Proof, a copy of the ID proof, and a pen. Rough sheets will be provided.
5) Avoid carrying study material to the exam center – Last-minute revisions are not beneficial in most cases, add stress before your exam, and can create confusion. Remain fresh and calm before the exam.
6) Avoid any unnecessary discussions – Students spend way too much time in the lead-up to an exam on topics such as cut-offs and vacancies where no one has any control or any credible info.
Tips for NIACL AO Phase II exam | During the exam
1) Avoid spending too much time on any one question – Give yourself a cut-off of, let’s say 60-75 seconds, and if any question takes more than that, leave it and you can return in case you have time. Remember, every question carries the same weightage within a section, so do not waste time on one question only. Even when you select DI questions, if you feel one of the questions is too lengthy and needs a lot of time, you can skip it. There is no need to answer all questions that are asked in DI.
2) Keep the difficult and time-consuming questions in each section for the end. Build confidence by attempting the easy ones in each section first. The confidence will create positive momentum for you to do well over the 60 minutes.
3) Don’t get disheartened if you dint answer enough questions in any one section – Give your best in the remaining sections to try and compensate. You just have to clear the sectional cut-off and not get Rank 1 in each section.
4) Do not take blind guesses: There is negative marking and hence be judicious on questions where you decide to mark an option without knowing the correct answer. You can choose to make educated guesses (or guesses after eliminating 2-3 incorrect options) but we do not recommend blind guesses.
With these last-minute tips, we wish you ALL THE VERY BEST for your exam!!
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
I have been creating exam related content for 3 years now. Having appeared for UPSC, SSC, Railway and Banking Exams myself, I understand and create relevant content, important from exams point of view. I am currently creating content for SSC, Railway, J&K and Law entrance exams. During my free time, I love bingewatching shows or read novels.