The PPSC exam is held to hire qualified individuals for various positions in the Punjab state government’s numerous departments. Every year, an examination is performed, and suitable candidates are assigned to open positions. In this post, we are going to have look at all the information related to Punjab PSC JE Cut off marks for Civil Engg Posts
Table of Contents
- PPSC JE Civil Recruitment Process
- PPSC Junior Engineer Civil Exam Guidelines
- Cut off Marks
- PPSC JE Civil Cut Off Marks
- Steps to check the PPSC JE Civil Cut Off Marks
- Minimum Qualifying Marks for Punjab PSC Junior Engineer Civil Exam
- Steps To Calculate The PPSC JE Civil cut-off marks
- Punjab PSC Junior Engineer Civil Cut Off Marks FAQs
PPSC JE Civil Recruitment Process
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) released a notification for the recruitment of Junior Engineers (Civil) to fill vacancies in the Punjab Government’s Departments such as Water Resources, Rural Development, Water Supply and Sanitation, PWD, and many others. A competitive exam is held for the selection and recruitments of the candidates
Candidates should look at the PPSC JE Civil cut-off marks, exam pattern, grading structure, and subjects covered in the exam. You can download the Punjab PSC Junior Engineer Syllabus & Exam Pattern from their website. The official notification of the PPSC JE notice includes the syllabus for JE Civil exam. Candidates must obtain a copy of the curriculum in PDF format from the official website. They should print the official curriculum and highlight essential sections on it.
PPSC Junior Engineer Civil Exam Guidelines
- To be appointed as Junior Engineer (Civil), candidates who applied for the Punjab PSC Junior Engineer must pass a written test followed by a character verification.
- Candidates who are interested and qualified can apply for the position by completing the Online Application Form. The PPSC JE examination selection process is based on a written test. The exam is administered using pen and paper.
The commission updates the syllabus of the PPSC Junior Engineer exam and the critical topics that will be covered in the exam on its official website. Candidates can download the same to gain an understanding of the crucial topics that will be covered in the examination questions.
Before taking the exam, candidates should familiarise themselves with the PPSC JE Civil test pattern to determine the best method to prepare.
- The PPSC Junior Engineer (Civil) exam is an objective test that assesses the candidate’s understanding of Civil Engineering topics and Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability, and General Awareness. The exam duration is 2 hours long.
- In the written examination, there will be two sections. Each question is worth 2.50 points, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers or unanswered questions. Candidates must fill out the OMR sheet with their answers.
Cut off Marks
The cut-off is the minimum mark that each aspirant must obtain to qualify for the written exam. Applicants who have met the minimum cut-off marks are eligible for the additional rounds of selection. The Punjab PSC JE cut off marks are determined by a variety of factors, including
- The number of candidates who took the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The cutoff for each category
PPSC JE Civil Cut Off Marks
The Punjab PSC Junior Engineer Civil exam cut-off is published on the Punjab Public Service Commission website. Candidates who take the examination should note the cut-off list announced by the PPSC to learn whether or not they passed the exam.
In the PPSC Junior Engineer Civil official notification, the commission specifies the minimum marks for qualifying for each category. On this page, candidates can find out more information about the minimum qualifying marks for each category of students, PPSC Junior Engineer cut-off, and so on.
- For every category of candidates, PPSC prescribes different minimum cut-offs.
- Candidates whose final score is the same as or higher than the approved cut-off are called for document verification.
- Unreserved candidates must obtain at least 45 per cent of the total marks for the examination. Candidates who belong to the SC/ST/backward class must get at least 40 per cent in the mains examination.
Steps to check the PPSC JE Civil Cut Off Marks
The list of the Punjab PSC Junior Engineer cut-off for each student category is published on the commission’s official website. Candidates taking the Junior Engineer (Civil) written examination should note the cut-off for their respective category. To download the list of cut-offs for each student category for PPSC JE (Civil), follow the following steps:
Step 1: Go to the official website of Punjab Public Service Commission https://ppsc.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on the Results or Announcements tab on the homepage.
Step 3: Then, scroll down the page and look for the PPSC JE Civil Cut-off list.
Step 4: To find the cut-off for your category, click on the link for the cut-off. Use Ctrl F or simply scroll through the pdf.
Step 5: You may save the JE Cut-off list PDF to your device for future reference.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Minimum Qualifying Marks for Punjab PSC Junior Engineer Civil Exam
The total marks for the written exam are set at 300. The break up is as given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Civil Engineering questions||100||250|
|General Knowledge, Mental Ability, and Logical Reasoning questions||20||50|
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifying cut-offs established by the Punjab Public Service Commission for each category. According to the official guidelines, only candidates who score more than or equal to the minimum qualifying marks are called for document verification.
Candidates belonging to the General or the Unreserved category have to score at least 135 points or 45 per cent. Candidates belonging to the ST/SC/and Backward classes in Punjab have to achieve a minimum of 40 per cent or 120 points. Candidates who receive less than the PPSC JE Civil cut-off marks or a minimum number of points are rejected. He/she is not placed on the merit list.
Many websites give information regarding the ongoing and upcoming recruitment exams/process. Some websites like Oliveboard help you prepare for the exams. They have many preparation resources, previous solved papers, practice tests, and current affairs updates.
Also Read: Punjab PSC JE Civil – Salary & Job Profile
Steps To Calculate The PPSC JE Civil cut-off marks
To check the total marks obtained in the exam, candidates can download the PPSC Junior Engineer Answer key. The final answer key contains the correct answers to each question asked in the JE exam. To check or calculate their final marks obtained in the PPSC JE examination, candidates must follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: To download the PPSC JE Answer key, go to the official website of Punjab Public Service Commission https://ppsc.gov.in.
Step 2: From the answer key pdf, check and compare your answers on the OMR sheet to those marked by the PPSC examiners.
Step 3: In the examination, add 2.50 points for every correct answer you marked. The examination does not allow for negative marks.
Step 4: After evaluating the complete paper, add up all of their scores to get your total score.
The announcement of the Punjab PSC Junior Engineer Civil recruitment is a secure and lucrative professional option. It allows building a career in the government sector. It provides high social status and other benefits such as job security, health benefits, fixed working hours, retirement benefits, paid holidays, and various tax benefits on the salary.
- Individuals applying Candidate must have a three-year diploma as a Junior Engineer in Civil Engineering or B Tech in Civil Engineering from a State Technical Education Board or a recognised university or institution; Punjabi of Matric or equivalent standard.
- The age limit for these exams is a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 37 years.
We have discussed PPSC JE Civil cut-off marks and related topics. We hope this information proves helpful in your preparation. Keep an eye on Oliveboard for more exam-related information.
Punjab PSC Junior Engineer Civil Cut Off Marks FAQs
The Punjab PSC determines the Junior Engineer (Civil) cut-off based on the average marks obtained by all candidates who take the examination.
The cut-off of the JE Civil is announced on the official website of PPSC. The candidates should keep track by regularly checking the official website. Several websites bring the latest updates about the exams and the results.
According to the official notifications about the PPSC Junior Engineer Civil exams, General category candidates should score 45 per cent of the total marks. In comparison, reserved candidates, i.e. the candidates belonging to the ST/SC/or backward classes, should achieve 40 per cent of the total marks.
Candidates who achieve higher marks than the required cut-off in the PPSC JE Civil exam are placed on the merit list. These candidates are then summoned for the next stage, document verification.
The PPSC Junior Engineer 2020 examination does not include a sectional cut-off.
The minimum marks to qualify are the lowest number of points a candidate must achieve to pass the examination. Candidates who belong to the General or the Unreserved category have to score at least 135 points or 45 per cent. Candidates who belong to the ST/SC/and Backward classes in Punjab have to achieve a minimum of 40 per cent or 120 points.
If a candidate’s final marks are less than the minimum marks to qualify, he is rejected. He does not appear on the merit list and is dropped from the recruitment process.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
- Free Mock Tests, Courses, Videos and Ebooks – DOWNLOAD Oliveboard App
- Attempt Free SBI PO Mock Test now
- Attempt IBPS SO 2022 – Free Mock Test
- Attempt Free SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test now
- Latest Pattern SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Test – Attempt Now
- Latest Pattern SSC CHSL Tier 1 & Tier 2 Mock Tests – Attempt Now