LIC Assistant Mains Examination 2019 is expected to be conducted in the month of December 2019. With not much time left with the aspirants, it is prudent to start your preparations from now onwards without waiting for the LIC Assistant Prelims Result 2019. If you feel confident enough to clear the prelims, then we would suggest to regularly study for the mains exam so that you have enough time to practise, read and last but not the least revise. In this blog “How To Prepare Quantitative Aptitude For LIC Assistant”, we would give you some Quantitative Aptitude preparation tips and also a few free resources that you use and streamline your preparation to score high in this section of the mains exam.
How To Prepare Quantitative Aptitude For LIC Assistant Mains 2019?
Most Probable Topics
First of all, let us understand the type of questions that have high chances of appearing in the examination. As it is the Mains level examination, questions might be lengthy and calculative as well. You will have to manage your time efficiently so as to be able to solve the maximum number of questions with high accuracy.
You can expect the following question types in the LIC Assistant Mains Examination:
1. Data Interpretation – Percentage DI, Tabular DI, Pie Charts, Caselet DI, Arithmetic DI etc.
2. Data Sufficiency – You can expect questions on Time & Work, Time, Speed & Distance, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Partnership, SI & CI, Average, Age Problems, Mensuration etc.
3. Quantity Comparison – Arithmetic Questions and Quadratic Equation-Based.
4. Number Series – Missing and Wrong Number Series
5. Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems – Time & Work, Time, Speed & Distance, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Partnership, SI & CI, Average, Age Problems, Mensuration etc.
Quantitative Aptitude For LIC Assistant Mains 2019
Some Useful Tips & Resources
1. Work extensively on your calculations and by that we mean you must be in a habit of solving a question within least time. Learn all the formula of topics covered in the syllabus. Practice some mental calculation tricks from youtube channel.
2. Go through the Quicker Quants Video Series to learn the quick calculation techniques and apply the same while solving the questions. Once you learn these techniques and apply them while you practice, we are sure you would be able to score better and higher in the Mock Tests as well as in the exam.
3. Revise the formulae and rules of topics such as Mixtures & Alligations, SI & CI, Time, Speed and Distance, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Mensuration, Averages, Number System, Algebra etc.
4. If you are still not thorough with the Quants Basic, you can start by watching Oliveboard’s Expert Faculty videos for your clarity of concept.
5. As this is Mains level Exam, Data Interpretation will carry maximum marks here. You need to practice a lot of DI questions. You can refer to the recent Free Youtube sessions taught by our Faculty to master Data Interpretation.
6. The best way to practice and test yourself will be by taking Mock Tests. Mock Tests give a wide variety of questions of varying difficulty levels. This helps you practice in a time-bound manner so that you become used to exam environment and exam anxiety is gone.
7. After taking up the test, do solve the incorrect and unattempted questions. Always remember that analysing the Mock Test is as important as taking up Mock tests.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here