Static GK is a significant portion of any TNPSC exam. The latest developmental statistics help you in not only answering objective questions but also help improve the quality of your answers to descriptive questions. To help you in answering any question related to important data, We have come up with a blog for Tamil Nadu State Human Development Indicators.
Table of Contents
Click on the link below to download Tamil Nadu State Human Development Indicators PDF
How to Download Free E-book PDF?
- Click on the given download link. You will be taken to Oliveboard’s FREE Ebooks Page. Alternately, you can download the Oliveboard Android App to access these on your smartphone.
- Register/Login on to the Free E-Books Page of Oliveboard (It is 100% free, You just enter your valid email id and a password to be able to download the PDF).
- Once logged in you’ll see the message “Please click here to download the Free Ebook“. Click on the message to download that particular ebook.
Tamil Nadu State Human Development Indicators | Sneak Peek
|Decadal Change in rural population||2001-11||6.49%|
|Decadal Change in urban population||2001-11||27.16%|
|Sex ratio||2011||996 (986 in 2001)|
|Child sex ratio||2011||943 (959 in 2001)|
|Male literacy rate||2011||86.77%|
|Female literacy rate||2011||73.14%|
|GER in higher education||2013-14||43%|
|Population density||2011||555 (480 in 2001) (National Average – 382)|
|Slum population||2011||2.8 million (8% of total urban population)|
|Contribution of Agriculture and Allied Activities to NDP of the state||2011-12||8.7% (11.65% in 2004-05)|
|Contribution of Industry to NDP of the state||2011-12||27.91%|
|Contribution of Manufacturing to NDP of the state||2011-12||17.5%|
|Net Sown Area||2011||49.85 lakh ha (50.43 lakh ha in 2008-09)|
|The proportion of land under non-agricultural use||2011-12||21.80 lakh ha (21.73 lakh ha in 2008-09)|
|Foodgrain output||2013-14||10.33 million metric tonnes (10.51 million metric tonnes in 2011-12)|
|Social Security Schemes||Year||Beneficiaries|
|Mid-day meal program||2011||75.5% of students|
|PDS – Urban||2009-10||67% of households|
|PDS – Rural||2009-10||91% of households|
|Labour Welfare Board Scheme||2013-14||18,942 citizens|
|Unorganized Worker Welfare Board Scheme||2013-14||3,71,303 citizens|
|Social Security Scheme||2014||35,64,120 citizens|
|MGNREGS||2013-14||62.6 lakh households|
|Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS)||2014||6,51,185 citizens|
Download the Free e-Book on Tamil Nadu State Human Development Indicators for more important data. For support and guidance download the Oliveboard app!
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book