Every year IBPS conducts specialist officer exam for various post such IT officer, Agriculture Field officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer. It is a 3-phase exam consisting Prelims, Mains, and Interview. Here in this blog we have discussed a few technical questions for IBPS SO IT that were asked in interview.
Prelims phase of the exam consists of three tests English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. This phase of the exam is of qualifying nature and candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Mains phase of the exam consists of single test of MCQs on Professional Knowledge of respective posts. Marks obtained in the online main examination only will be considered for shortlisting for interview and also for final merit listing.
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Main Examination will subsequently be called for an Interview. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of Online Main Examination and interview will be 80: 20, respectively. A candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Examination and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for provisional allotment process.
Interview phase is the last and most important phase of the examination. Here in this article we will discuss about the previous year technical questions for IBPS SO IT of asked in the exam along with their appropriate answers.
- Important Technical Questions for IBPS SO IT Interviews
- Q1: What is the role of IT officer in Bank?
- Q2: What is vertical and horizontal software?
- Q3: What is MIS in Indian banking?
- Q4: Why Aadhar card number is unique identification number?
- Q5: What is the significance of CAPTCHA?
- Q6: What is online banking?
- Q7: What is NFC in banking?
- Q8: What is the difference between firewall and antivirus?
- Q9: What is DHCP and APIPA in computer networking?
- Q10: FASTag works on which technology?
- Q11: What is Abstraction and Abstract class in JAVA?
- Q12: What is final, finally and finalize in JAVA?
- Recommended Readings
Important Technical Questions for IBPS SO IT Interviews
Below given are some technical questions for IBPS SO IT asked in interview along with answers:
Q1: What is the role of IT officer in Bank?
A1: An IT officer do not have to deal with general public. Its roles in bank are: Installation and configuration of computer software, managing and maintaining computer system, testing and evaluating new technologies in the bank, maintaining computer safety and security in the organization.
Q2: What is vertical and horizontal software?
A2: Vertical software are industry specific software and specific to a particular market domain. Ex: Guideware – Dedicated to providing solutions to insurance industry.
Horizonal software are general purpose software and available to use in many industries. Ex: Web browsers, MS-Office etc.
Q3: What is MIS in Indian banking?
A3: MIS or Management Information System is a term used in banking for gathering and generating various reports and analyses via computers at the corporate or head office for decision making for bank’s use as well as for conveyance to authorities in charge of regulation.
Q4: Why Aadhar card number is unique identification number?
A4: Aadhar is a 12 digits unique identification number which can be obtained by any residents of India based on their biometric and demographic data. UIDAI has introduced new Secure QR Code which is secure and tamper-proof as it is digitally signed by UIDAI. It contains demographics as well as photograph of the Aadhaar number holder.
Q5: What is the significance of CAPTCHA?
A5: CAPTCHA stands of Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. It is a program that randomly generates colorful and distorted texts that only human can understand and hence determines whether a user is real or a spam robot.
Q6: What is online banking?
A6: Online banking also known as Internet banking or Web banking that offers almost all services of bank such as debit, credit, online bill payment, balance check etc to the customers via internet without visiting the branch. Similarly, Mobile banking is a service providing by bank to use almost all its services via mobile deices such as smartphone or tablet.
Q7: What is NFC in banking?
A7: NFC stands for Near Field Communication technology which is based on Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFIT). It is a short-range wireless link technology which allows to transfer small amount of data between two devices held close to each other.
Q8: What is the difference between firewall and antivirus?
A8: Firewall is a network security device that that checks all the incoming data packets and only authorized data packets are allowed to pass through it. Antivirus is software programs that provide security from the malicious software or program coming from the internet.
|Main difference between Firewall and Antivirus|
|1||Can be implemented in both software and hardware.||Implemented only in software.|
|2||Works on Monitoring and Filtering of data packets.||Works of detection, identification, and removal of malicious program.|
|3||It deals with external threats only.||It deals with both internal and external threats.|
Q9: What is DHCP and APIPA in computer networking?
A9: DHCP is a network protocol which stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. It automatically assigns IP address and other information to each host in the network so that they can communicate with IP networks efficiently. APIPA stands for Automatic Private IP Addressing is a feature that enables auto configure of IP address when their DHCP server is not available.
*APIPA assigns a class B IP address to the client.
Q10: FASTag works on which technology?
A10: FASTag is electronic toll collection system operated by NHAI (National Highway Authority of India). It works on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology that enables automatic deduction of tall charges for prepaid or saving account linked.
Q11: What is Abstraction and Abstract class in JAVA?
A11: Abstraction in JAVA is the process of showing only essential information and hiding certain details from the user. A class that is declared abstract is called as Abstract class and it cannot be instantiated.
Q12: What is final, finally and finalize in JAVA?
A12: Final is a keyword in JAVA can be used in three contexts: final variable, final method, and final class.
- Final variable is used to create constant variables, when a variable is declared final, its value cannot be changed or modified.
- Final method is used to prevent method overriding, when a method is declared final, I cannot be overridden.
- Final class I used to prevent inheritance, when is class is declared final, it cannot be extended or inherited.
Finally is block in JAVA used to execute a section of code even if the exception is thrown. It is used in association with a try/catch block.
Finalize is a method in JAVA which is called just before the object is destroyed as garbage collector to perform clean up activity.
This is all from us in this blog of previous year technical questions for IBPS SO IT interview.
All the best for your interview.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- हिंदी में Oliveboard BOLT Discussion | August Current Affairs | IBPS RRB PO Mains
- हिंदी भाषा सम्पूर्ण परिचय – Free E-Book PDF for LIC Asst. 2019 Mains
- सिंडिकेट बैंक PO 2018: विस्तृत सेक्शन अनुसार Study Plan
- वित्तीय समावेशन: अर्थ, उद्देश्य और महत्व (बैंकिंग जागरूकता)
- रेलवे भर्ती बोर्ड (RRB) समूह ‘D’ 2018: 50 दिन की तैयारी रणनीति
- रेलवे भर्ती बोर्ड (RRB) समूह ‘D’ 2018 : परीक्षा पैटर्न । पाठ्यविवरण
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now