The Bank of Baroda PO 2018 Recruitment Notification has already been released. Under this recruitment, applicants will be required to take a 9-months PG Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) at the Manipal School of Banking and this shall then be followed by a 3-month on-the-job training when the candidates will be working at Bank of Baroda as Probationary Officers. Hence, following the completion of the 1 year of learning and education, they will be instated as Probationary Officers in the JMGS-I scale as ‘Assistant Managers’ and moving on forward they will be reimbursed the whole fees of the PGDBF course (INR 3,45,000) as a “loyalty bonus” following their completion of 5 years of service with the bank. Also, all shortlisted candidates need to sign a bond of 3 years of service. So, if you are preparing for the BOB PO 2018 examinations, then read on for how to start your preparation.
BOB PO 2018 Important Dates
Before any other section or aspect is discussed, it is necessary to focus on the important dates to ensure that no important event is missed. Hence, the BOB PO 2018 Important Dates have been shared below.
BOB PO 2018 Exam Pattern
To start preparing for the BOB PO 2018, it is necessary to know the BOB PO 2018 exam pattern because depending on that the preparation for various sections can be scheduled and organized accordingly. Therefore, the exam pattern for BOB PO 2018 is given below:
The online test shall be followed by a GD/PI round and the overall performance of the candidate shall be used to judge their merit for the final shortlisting.
BOB PO 2018 Syllabus
|Bank of Baroda Manipal PO 2018 Exam Syllabus|
|Sr. No.||Name of Test||Syllabus|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge||Reasoning: Syllogism, Analytical Reasoning, Blood Relations, Coding Decoding, Input Output, Inequalities, Direction Sense, Grouping and Ordering, Critical Reasoning, etc.
Computer Knowledge: Basics of Computer, Hardware & Software (MS Office), DBMS, Networking, Internet, Commonly Used Shortcuts on MS Office (Word), Input/Output Devices, Important Abbreviations
|2||General Awareness||Important government programs and schemes, awards and honors, new schemes of central and state government, sports, books and authors, country and capitals, currencies and countries, thermal and nuclear power stations, banking terms and abbreviations, etc.|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||Quadratic Equations, Simplification. Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Speed, Time, and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Number Series, Number Systems, Surds and Indices, Permutations and Combinations, Mixtures, Averages, and Alligations, Probability, Mensuration, Time and Work, Data Interpretation, Caselets, Charts and Graphs|
|4||English Language||Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles, Cloze Test, Fill the Banks, Vocabulary Usage, Sentence Joining, etc.|
|5||English Language (Descriptive)||Letter Writing, Essay Writing|
The English Language (Descriptive) test will happen in the 2nd round after the objective examination has been completed by the candidates. Candidates will attempt both examinations, but only those who score the qualifying marks in the objective test will be eligible to have their descriptive test papers graded.
BOB PO 2018 Examination Tips
- Study something every day. If you don’t feel like studying, take something easy and go with it. Since there is so little time to prepare, every day and every hour count.
- Focus on the hardest of topics when you have the maximum attention. Leave the easier topics for later when you are tired or may not be as interested to study.
- While preparing, do not only focus on 1 section because you will get bored over time and this will affect your ability to study and learn what’s necessary. Instead take any 2 sections (like Blood Relations from Reasoning and Cloze Test from English Language) and when you get bored of 1 section, go with the other.
- Mocks should not be wasted: each mock can be put to good use by understanding where you lack understanding. If you attempt a mock, make sure you only take it in an examination surrounding.
- Whenever you are done with the concept of any chapter/topic, proceed to practice questions related to it.
As always do note that you have Oliveboard videos at your disposal and hence you should not hesitate to use them when and if needed.
For example, if you are not sure about how to solve Simple and Compound Interest questions or just want to refresh your memory, check out this video below –
BOB PO 2018 Preparation Strategy
- Start by preparing a formula sheet that includes all the formula that exist for the quantitative aptitude section of the examination.
- Next step is to take a mock test. Ensure that this is as close to the exam conditions as possible because it is necessary that we simulate the exam conditions as closely as possible to see and understand how you would perform in the actual exam.
- After the exam, the most important part is to analyze the results in depth to gain an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. The only purpose of a mock test is to help you measure your knowledge of the subjects. There is no other purpose and therefore this should be noted by any serious aspirant. Aspirants who are careful to use their mock tests carefully stand to an advantage here.
- In every section there will be topics which will be easy and also those which will not be easy. Therefore, the idea or objective here is to ensure that the priority is given to the topics which are deemed as difficult or hard. Hence, when you have a list of the topics, you know which topic is easy and which is not. Focus on studying those which are not easy because right now you have more time to cover them as needed.
- Revisit every chapter with practice questions once you have covered their theory. The rationale here is that when the theoretical understanding of a chapter is coupled or rather complemented with the practice of questions from the same chapter, it helps to reinforce the understanding of the student on the concepts of the said chapter.
Check out the video below to know all about the notification:
All the Best!
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें