Bank of Baroda Promotion notification 2022: Promotion exam are held by banks to promote the clerical staff to officer grade. In this regard BOB has decided to initiate the Exercise for Promotion from Clerical to Officers’ cadre in Junior Management Grade/Scale-1. In this blog, we will know about everything related to the bank promotion exam held by Bank of Baroda.
Table of Contents
- Bank of Baroda Promotion Notification 2022 – Link
- Bank of Baroda Promotion Exam FAQs
Bank of Baroda Promotion Notification 2022 – Link
Bank of Baroda Promotion Important Dates
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||16th November 2022|
|Cut-off date of eligibility||16th November 2022|
|Last date of verification by regional HR||18th December 2022|
|Date of Online test||11th December, 2022|
Total Number of Vacancies
- Number of vacancies -1500 (One Thousand Five Hundred)
- All India Channel – 975 (Nine Hundred Seventy Five)
- Seniority Channel -525 (Five Hundred Twenty Five)
|Vacancies in Seniority channel|
Eligibility Criteria for Seniority Channel
- Age Limit – Maximum 58 years
- Maximum 55 years for the employees who have joined the bank’s service in Clerical cadre after the date of said settlement i.e, 27th Sep, 2012.
- Minimum Active Service in Clerical cadre: 15 years.
Eligibility Criteria for All India Channel
Eligibility Criteria : Age limit – Maximum 55 years
|Category||Minimum Active Service|
|Chartered Accountants (CAs) OR Cost and Works Accountants (ICWAs) OR Company Secretaries OR Ph.D./ D.Lit. in subjects related to Banking in the Disciplines of Agriculture, Commerce, Economics, Law and Management from a recognized University. OR Master’s Degree/ Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Computer Science (Two years and after completion of ~Graduation) from a recognized University. ‘ OR Degree in Engineering/Post-Graduate Diploma in Architecture from a recognized University or from an Institute recognized by the Central Government.|
MBAs (after completion of Graduation) from a recognized University or from an Institute recognized by the Central Government.
Candidates having above mentioned Qualifications with minimum 50% marks in aggregate, from a recognized University or from an Institute recognized by the Central Government shall be eligible under this category
|Confirmed employees with minimum 1 year of active service in Clerical cadre|
|First Class Graduates/ First Class Post-Graduates from a recognized University or from an Institute recognized by the Central Government. OR Graduates/Post-Graduates with both parts of CAIIB/ CAIB (London) OR Graduates/ Post Graduate Diploma ( one year) in Computer Science from a recognized University or from an Institute recognized by the Central Government||2 years of active service in the Clerical cadre.|
|Graduates/ Post Graduate with Part I of CAIIB/ CAIB (London) OR Non-graduate (as on the date of settlement) with CAIIB/ CAIB (London) – both parts.||3 years of active service in Clerical cadre|
|Graduates/ Post Graduates (other than A, B & C above) from a recognized University OR Non-Graduates with CAIIB (Part 1)/ CAIB (London) Part I (who are in the clerical cadre as on the date of settlement)||4 years of active service in the Clerical cadre|
|Non-graduates (who are in the clerical cadre as on the date of settlement)||7 years of active service in the Clerical cadre.|
- For the purpose of Post-Graduation, in terms of this Settlement, a candidate has to complete Graduation before appearing for Post-Graduation.
- First Class Graduation/ First Class Post Graduation shall mean minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate in the said examination.
- Non-graduation shall mean SSC/ Matriculation pass from an Examination Board of State or Central Government and above but not Graduation. Equivalent examination shall not be considered. However, candidates who have passed an examination equivalent to SSC/ Matriculation and have promoted to clerical cadre from subordinate cadre on the basis of said qualifications shall be considered eligible for participating in the promotion exercise provided they are otherwise eligible under this Settlement.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Online Application Procedure
Here is the step-by-step procedure to fill the application form
- Login into Baroda HR Connect using the Baroda HR Connect shortcut on the desktop or using the link given in the notification.
- Select the role – ‘Employee Self Service’ and click on ‘Self Service Application’ tile.
- Click on tab “Apply for Promotion/Selection
- Click on “Proceed to Apply
- “Vacancy Detail” link will display the details regarding vacancy
- Employee needs to check all the details and submit required information and click on “Submit” button for final submission of application. Application id will be generated on successful submission. In case of any discrepancy, employee should report discrepcncv in Promotion application itself in comment box provided.
The Online Test for Seniority Channel and All India Channel will be held at various centres on 11 th December, 2022 (Sunday)
Weightage of the Test
All eligible candidates shall have to appear for an Online Test comprising of all objective type questions. The subjects that would be covered for the Online Test for promotion to Officers’ cadre under Seniority and All India Channel and weightages accorded would be as under.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Qualifying Marks|
|Seniority||Seniority||All India||Seniority||All India|
|Banking Law & Practice||16||16||7||8|
|Reasoning & Problem Solving||N/A||10||N/A||4|
Candidates eligible for interview shall have to appear for interview as and when called upon. If they remain absent, no second chance will be given to them.
Reservation and Relaxation for SC/ST and any other category of Candidates – The Guidelines/ Directives issued by Govt. Of India from time to time related to relaxation of criteria, reservation of posts for SC/ST/any other category etc. shall be applicable.
This is all from our side in this blog. Stay tuned to Oliveboard!
Bank of Baroda Promotion Exam FAQs
A total of 1500 vacancies are there.
The online test for BOB promotion will take place on 11th December 2022.
Yes, Re-employed clerks are also eligible for BOB Bank Promotion Exam.
I have been writing blog content for different exams for more than 3 years now. Being an aspirant myself and having closely worked with students and mentors, I know what kind of content an aspirant is looking for. Apart from writing content, I like watching movies.