The BPSC Combined Civil Services is divided into Preliminary and Mains Examinations. Post qualification in these two, the candidate stands chance to appear in the interview. Only on successful clearance of the interview round, will the candidate be considered eligible for the post. The BPSC AAO (Bihar Public Service Commission Assistant Audit Officer) is the post in the accounts and finance field of public administration services. Candidates must know the syllabus to prepare properly for the exam. Know more about the BPSC AAO Syllabus to kick-start your preparations.
Table of Contents
BPSC AAO Syllabus For Prelims Exam
The BPSC Prelims Exam is conducted as an entry-level exam for recruitment in the BPSC Administration Selection Process. This will be a written exam which is an objective-type paper to be completed within 2 hours of total duration and carry a maximum of 150 marks.
The Subjects covered in the Exam are shown in below table:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The BPSC AAO Syllabus contains the following subtopics mentioned here paper-wise.
A] General Studies
General Studies tests knowledge about all fields in general without much relevance of details and in-depth study. The following topics are tested over the disciplines mentioned along with.
- Current Affairs of National and International relevance: All major events took place nationally and internationally that have affected the social, economic, political, or environmental aspects in general.
- General Science: Includes study of the basic aspects of science covering Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. These are general observation studies that a well-educated person is expected to be aware of.
- Indian and Bihar State History: Broad aspects of the Bihar History.
- Indian Polity: Knowledge of the Nation’s political system, the community planning and development in India and Bihar, and the Panchayati Raj system.
- The Economy of India and Bihar and major changes post-independence: The economic aspects related to growth development, finance, money, banking, laws, and markets in India and Bihar are tested.
- The Freedom struggle of India and the role of Bihar in it: The Indian National movement, Independence struggle, etc. are covered.
- Geography of India and Bihar State, its Divisions, inclusive of Important Rivers: Questions covering agriculture, resources, physical, social and economic divisions of India and Bihar.
- Sequence and Series
- Relations and Functions
- Simple and Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Three-dimensional Geometry
- Integrals – Definite and Indefinite and Binomial Theory
- Sets and Set Theory
- Limits and Continuity
- Permutation and Combination
- Exponential series and Logarithmic series
- Straight Lines and Circles
- Cartesian System and rectangular co-ordinates
- Vectors and Conic Sections
C] Mental Ability
This paper tests on general mental ability and logical reasoning questions covering, human body, mathematics, statistics, time and sequence, directions, Venn diagrams, Arrangements, Blood Relations and ancestral study, Figurative classification, analogies, number series, non-verbal series, mathematical operations, coding, and decoding, etc.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
BPSC AAO Syllabus For Mains Exam
After the declaration of results and merit list for the BPSC Prelim Exams, the BPSC Mains Exam is conducted. Here, the candidate is tested over three compulsory subjects and one optional subject. Each paper is allotted duration of 3 hours. This Exam consist of a maximum of 1000 marks distributed as below:
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration (Hours)|
|General Studies (Paper 1)||300||3|
|General Studies (Paper 2)||300||3|
General Hindi is a Compulsory Subject for the BPSC Mains Exams. All the grammar aspects of the Hindi language will be tested here covering the formation of sentences, interpretation, essay-writing, etc. The distribution of marks will be as below:
- Grammar – 30 Marks
- Essay Writing – 30 Marks
- Sentence Formation/ Syntax – 25 Marks
- Conclusion/ Summary Writing – 15 Marks
General Studies – Paper 1
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture
- Modern History of India and Bihar from the nineteenth century
- Freedom Struggle
- Topics like, Santhal Uprising 1857, Birsa Movement, Quit India Movement, 1942, Champaran Satyagraha
- Art and culture, including Mauryan Art, Pal Art, Patna Qulam Painting
- Current Events of International and National Relevance
- Expansion of Western and Technical education
- Statistical Analysis and Study of Graphs and Diagrams
- Conclusions from Statistical Diagrams and Charts
- Interpretation of Statistical data in terms of deficiencies, limitations, and inconsistencies.
General Studies – Paper 2
- Indian Polity
- Political System of India
- Political System in Bihar
- Economy and Geography of India
- Planning and development questions over social, economic, geographic, and physical aspects of India and Bihar
- Relevance of Science and Technology in Indian Development
- Applied aspects of Science and Technology in India and Bihar.
Among the total of 34 optional subjects provided for the BPSC Mains Exam, applications for the post of BPSC AAO are allowed to select out of 4 optional subjects. The syllabus and details of them are given below:
1. Commerce and Accountancy
Accounting and Finance
Part 1: Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation
- Accounting as financial information
- Methods of accounting
- Current Purchasing Power accounting
- Advance company problems like amalgamation, reconstruction, holding, and subsidiary companies accounting – Shares and Goodwill Valuation.
- Controllership Functions – Property control and Legal Management.
- Income Tax provisions
- Income Tax Authorities
- Cost Accounting
- Marginal and Standard Costing
- Variance Analysis
- Budgetary Controls
- Responsibility Accounting
- Cost Control and Cost Reduction
- Pricing Decisions
- Inventory Valuation
- Reconciliation of Financial and Cost Accounts
- Significance of Audit and Attest Functions
- Audit of Financial Statements
- Valuation and Verification of assets and liabilities
- Audit of banking and insurance companies
- Duties and Liabilities of Auditor
- Audit Report
Part 2: Business Finance and Financial Institutions
- Financial Management
- Cash flow and Fund Flow
- Accounting Ratios
- Capital Structure and Cost of Capital
- Sources of Finance
- Working Capital
- Credit Management and Credit Policy
- Tax concerning Financial Management
- Indian Money Market
- Indian Banking System
- Functions and Working of All India Financial Institutions
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
Organization Theory and Industrial Relations
Part 1: Organization Theory
- Concept of Organization
- Single and Multiple Goals
- Formal and Informal Organization
- Evaluation of Organization Theory
- Organizational Behavior
- Theory and Styles and limitations
Part 2: Industrial Relations
- Nature and Scope of Industrial Relations
- Labor in India
- Trade Union movement
- Prevention and settlements of industrial disputes in India
- Wage Policy
- National Income
- Market Forms
- Consumer Behavior
- Investment Decisions
- Taxation System
- International Trade
- Agriculture Production
- Industrial Production and Policies
- Budgetary and Fiscal Policy
- Indian Trade
- Balance of Payments and Foreign Trade
- Monetary Policies
- Economic Growth and Development
- Land Reforms
- Linear Algebra
- Vector analysis
- Tensor Analysis
- Probability and Statistical Methods
- Interpolation and Numerical Differentiation
- Integration functions
- Equation of Continuity
- Mathematical Programing
- Deterministic Replacement Models
- Theory of Queues
- Simple and Composite Hypothesis
- Linear Inference and Multivariate Analysis
- Sampling theory
- Engineering Statistics
- Linear Programming Problems
- Quantitative Economics
- Demography and Psychometry
We hope that you have understood the BPSC AAO Syllabus details. Make sure to read newspapers, magazines, etc for knowledge on current affairs and events so that you stay updated with the latest information. Plan your study schedule so that you can cover the complete syllabus.
The BPSC AAO Syllabus for prelims exam includes General Studies, Maths, and Mental Ability.
The BPSC AAO Syllabus for mains exam includes General Hindi, General Studies Paper I & II, Optional Paper – (Economics/ Mathematics/ Commerce/ Statistics)
- BPSC AAO Application Form- Overview, Application Form and Fee
- BPSC AAO Answer Key- Overview, Process, Calculation
- BPSC AAO Eligibility- Key Details, Eligibility, and Takeaways
- BPSC AAO Result- Details, Merit List, and Cut Off Marks
- BPSC AAO Exam Date- Overview, Exam Date And Other Important Dates
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series