This year BPSC has released notification regarding recruitment for AAO on their official website for hiring the deserving candidate. A total of 138 vacancies have been announced by BPSC. The exam date is not yet notified by the BPSC, but BPSC has released the updated BPSC AAO Exam Pattern on their official website. Candidates who have applied for BPSC AAO Exam 2021 can check it from there.
Table of Contents
BPSC AAO Exam Pattern
The BPSC AAO Exam comprises written and interviews. It will be conducted in three stages Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination, and Personal Interview. BPSC AAO Exam Pattern differs for each stage of the selection process. For cracking the exam and interview, candidates must have complete knowledge about the BPSC AAO Exam Pattern so that it can help them to know what to prepare and how to prepare for the exams. A stagewise detailed description of the BPSC AAO Exam Pattern is given below for a clear view and understanding: –
PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION (PRELIMS)
- It’s the first stage of the selection process.
- Prelims Exam will carry a total of 150 marks.
- Questions will be in the form of Multiple Type Choice Questions
- The number of questions in the exam will be 150, each of 1 mark.
- It will be conducted for a total of 2 hours.
- The subject of examination will be General Studies. General Knowledge, Mathematics, and Mental Ability.
- The question paper will be available in both languages (English & Hindi).
- No information regarding negative marking is provided by the official department of BPSC.
BPSC AAO Exam Pattern For Prelims
|Subjects||Total Marks||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Mathematics||50||50|
- It is the second stage of the selection process.
- Candidates will be called for Mains Exam after they Qualify for the prelims exam (cut off marks required category-wise for qualifying prelims).
- The mains exam will carry a total of 1000 marks.
- There will be 4 papers in this exam.
- The exam will be of the subjective type.
- The exam will consist of both compulsory and optional papers.
- Each paper will be of 300 Marks (Except General Hindi paper which will be 100 marks).
- Each paper will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours.
- The exam will consist of 3 compulsory papers.
- The 4th paper is an optional subject, as chosen by the candidate.
- The exam will be conducted in both the languages English and Hindi.
- A candidate must score at least 30 marks in the General Hindi Paper. The marks of the General Hindi Paper will not be added to the final marks.
- In the other subjects, General Category Candidates must score a minimum of 40%, OBC 36.5%, and SC/ST 32% marks to qualify.
BPSC AAO Exam Pattern For Mains
|Subjects||Total Marks||Total Time|
|General Hindi||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 Hours|
Optional Subjects (Any One)
|Economics||Total Marks||Total Time|
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
The objective of this stage of the selection process is to check the personal suitability of the candidate. To ace this round, the candidate must be familiar with the insight in current affairs and general knowledge. It is also necessary that the candidate is good with communication skills and self-skills, to sweep through this phase smoothly. The main field checked by the interviewer or the questions in the interview is from the career and interest filled by the candidate in the application for an optional subject opted for mains exam.
- The final phase of the BPSC AAO Exam is a personal interview round.
- This round will be conducted for 120 marks.
- Candidates who had qualified BPSC AAO Mains Exam would be called for an interview round.
- The BPSC AAO Mains and BPSC AAO Interview marks together will form the final merit list of selected candidates.
- BPSC AAO Mains (600 marks) BPSC AAO Interview (120 Marks) = Final Merit List (Out of 720 Marks).
- The marks of the General Hindi Paper will not be added to the final marks to select the candidates.
The understanding of the BPSC AAO Exam Pattern is vital for candidates. It will help them in understanding how to approach the exam and prepare accordingly. We hope this article has provided you with the necessary details. Please reach out to us if you have any more doubts or clarifications.
It’s a 3 round selection process prelims, mains, and personal interview.
Yes, there is one optional paper in BPSC AAO Mains Exam.
The BPSC AAO Exam Pattern is available at the official website of BPSC.
At present, no Information about Negative Marking is provided by the Official Department of BPSC.
Yes, you can download the exam syllabus and pattern in Hindi from the official website of BPSC.
- BPSC AAO Application Form- Overview, Application Form and Fee
- BPSC AAO Answer Key- Overview, Process, Calculation
- BPSC AAO Eligibility- Key Details, Eligibility, and Takeaways
- BPSC AAO Result- Details, Merit List, and Cut Off Marks
- BPSC AAO Exam Date- Overview, Exam Date And Other Important Dates
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series