The CTET Exam is conducted at the national level & this exam is conducted two times a year. This exam is conducted in both the languages – Hindi & English, for which the total duration is 150 minutes. The candidates fill out the CTET OMR Sheet to indicate their answers to the questions posed. The Ministry of Education, Government of India, has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Central Teacher Eligibility Test(CTET) to the Central Board of Secondary Education Delhi. Candidates are advised to refer to proper textbooks and syllabus suggested by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) for preparation of examination.
Table of Contents
CTET OMR Sheet & Its Importance:
To become a teacher in any central government school, clearing the CTET is mandatory. It is conducted offline, and many candidates face problems filling the OMR sheet in the examination. It is very important to practice the filling of the CTET OMR Sheet. Practicing an OMR sheet helps candidates avoid making mistakes while filling the same during exams.
Description Of CTET OMR Sheet:
- First, read the details given in the CTET OMR Sheet & fill in all the details required correctly.
- Every sheet has a different barcode & number.
- The CTET OMR Sheet contains four sections: Child pedagogy & Development, language 1, Language 2, and the concerned subject.
- Each part has 30 questions held with four options.
- Candidates should answer by marking fully shaded spots.
- The shade given for the answer can’t be rectified or changed. So if you make a mistake, it can not be changed.
- Using a pencil is not allowed in the OMR sheet.
- The signature should be done in the given box.
Benefits Of Filling & Practicing CTET OMR Sheet:
- Candidates can easily fill the OMR sheet in the given time, and candidates learn the appropriate way of filling the OMR Sheet.
- If a candidate practices the filling of the OMR sheet regularly, then the chances of making a mistake in an exam would be less.
Mode Of CTET Exam In 2021
For the first time, the CTET exam will be conducted online, i.e., computer-based examination. The exam will be conducted in December 2021 with Morning shift 1 & morning shift 2. Some required details for the online examination are:
- The candidate is required to mark their answer on the computer.
- The time for the exam is 2 & a half hours.
- The exam will automatically terminate after the given time.
- The exam is divided into two papers (paper I and paper II)
- CTET Paper-I exam is conducted for candidates who want to become teachers for classes I to V.
- CTET Paper-II exam is for candidates who need to become teachers for classes VI to VIII.
- B. Ed candidates can appear for Papers I & II of the CTET exam.
- CTET exam will be held in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- The medium of instruction for CTET exams for subjects other than languages is English or Hindi.
- In case of any mistake, candidates can edit their answer within the specified time given.
Use Of CTET OMR Sheet
Handling the CTET OMR Sheet will initially be done under supervision to avoid mistakes while providing the basic details of the applicants. Hence, here are the easy guidelines for the applicant that need to follow:
- The candidates of CTET would find an OMR sheet within the sealed test booklet. The sealed booklet must be opened only when the invigilator announces to do so.
- There will be 4 options in the OMR answer script, which are A, B, C, and D. In the answer booklet, the same options will be provided for the candidates to choose from.
- The OMR sheet will be scanned through an optical scanner. Hence there must not be any crease on the answer script. Any such tinge or crease might give the wrong result when the OMR sheet is sent for Optical Scanning.
- Applicants must not write the roll number anywhere in the sheet except the specified space in the OMR sheet.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Filling Of CTET OMR Sheet Side 1
Candidates will have to use blue or black ballpoint pens to mark the OMR sheet. Usage of the pencil is strictly prohibited. Candidates will have to mark the following details on sheet side 1:
- Candidate Name
- Father’s Name
- Roll Number
- Center Number
- Name of that particular examination centre
- Subjects offered
Filling Of CTET OMR Sheet Side 2
Candidates will have to mark the following details on sheet side 2:
- Main test booklet number
- Roll number of the candidate
- Language supplement booklet code
- Language supplement booklet number
- The medium of Language to attempt questions
- Signature of candidate
It is very important that an OMR sheet is filled properly and must have been passed through a scanning machine to collect the data given and count the marks. CTET OMR Sheet is to be filled up appropriately to avoid any hindrances at the time of its submission. The practice of the OMR sheet is very much important, and it needs to be done again & again.
- National Curriculum Framework 2005 – CTET Exam Preparation
- Best CTET Preparation Tips 2023 – Check here
- CTET admit card 2023 – Check out and Download
- CTET Exam Analysis For Paper 1 & Paper 2 | 16 December 2021
- CBSE CTET Online Correction Form- Overview, Details, Process
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series