The Delhi High Court conducts the Delhi Judiciary Exam every year to recruit members for the subordinate judiciary in the Delhi High Court. The Delhi Judicial Service Examinations for 2021 are conducted for the post of Civil Judge with a vacancy for 75 posts. The recruitment process is conducted in three phases – The Prelims, the Mains, and the Personality Tests. After the appointment, the candidate will be further evaluated based on their performance during the probation period. The probation period is for 2 years which may extend to 3 years. Candidates with satisfactory performance during the probation period are appointed as permanent employees for the Delhi Judicial Services. Continue reading for more details on the Delhi Judiciary Vacancy.
Delhi Judiciary Vacancy Details
The Delhi High Court has released the Delhi Judiciary Vacancy details. There are 75 vacancies for the post of Civil Judge with bifurcations according to the candidate’s category. The table below shows the classification:
|No. of Vacancies
|Backlog 2Fresh 2Anticipated 29
|Backlog 12Anticipated 3
Delhi Judiciary Application Eligibility Criteria
For being able to apply for the post of Delhi Judiciary Services, the candidate must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Below is the basic criterion for application for the post:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- The candidate must not be more than 32 years old as of 1st January 2021.
- Candidates must be able to be conceded as Advocates under the Advocates Act, 1961 or Aspirants as of now practising as Advocates in India.
- For the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes category, the maximum age limit is extended for five years more.
- In the case of Ex-Servicemen, with military service of 5 years, the maximum age limit is extended for 5 more years.
The Delhi Judicial Services offers salaries between 27,700/- to 44,770/- INR. As the post is a reputed one, the civil judge receives various other allowances like Water Bill, Travel Allowance, phone bill, Vehicle Maintenance, Car Facility, House Rent Allowance, Pension after Retirement, electricity bill, etc. According to the 10th level pay matrix, 7th pay commission INR, 56,100/- to 1,77,500/- remuneration is payable. It consists of Grade Pay, Basic Pay, and Pay Band. Additional perks and benefits are free accommodation, subsidized water and electricity, telephone allowances, and children’s education allowances.
Procedure For Application
At the base of the application process, the candidate is required to fill an application form. The fee for the application form is INR 1000/- for the general category and INR 200/- for the reserved categories. Candidates are advised to carefully read the details of the application notification published on the official website and understand all the pre-requisites of the application process. The details should be furnished carefully, and documents should be uploaded correctly to validate the form. A printout of the submitted form has to be kept for future reference.
The candidates have to go through three phases of the selection process: the prelims, the mains, and the Personality Tests.
The Prelims exam is an objective type exam consisting of 200 questions with a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer. The subject to be studied is the General Knowledge and Law consisting of English, Aptitude, General Knowledge, Indian Penal Code, Code of Civil Procedure, Code of Criminal Procedure, Contract Act, Partnership Act, Arbitration Law, Specific Relief and limitation Act, Evidence Act.
The Mains exam consists of four subjects: GK & language, Civil Law-I, Civil Law-II, and Criminal Law, each for 200 marks. After the Mains Exam, a Viva is conducted for 150 marks, and the consolidated score is considered for the Mains Exam for shortlisting. The topics covered can be stated as below:
- GK & Language – Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Essay, Translation, Precise Writing.
- Civil Law-I – Indian Contract Act, Hindu Law, Mohammadan Law, Law of Torts, Indian Sale of Goods Act, Indian Partnership Act, Specific Relief Act, Delhi Rent Control Act.
- Civil Law-II – Civil Procedure Code, Law of Evidence, Law of Limitation & Law of Registration
- Criminal Law – Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Indian Evidence Act,
- Viva – Candidates must score at least 50% marks to qualify for the Viva round consisting of 150 marks.
The Cut-off marks are updated on the official website after each exam to be considered by the candidates to check their passing. Candidates must keep a keen watch on the official website to checkout for any announcements by the Board. The Admit cards are released a few days before the exams and are an important document to appear for the exams.
We hope this article has provided you with detailed knowledge of the Delhi Judiciary Vacancy and other details about this exam. In case of any doubt, you can contact us at Oliveboard.
The candidate should be below the age of 32 years old as of 1st January 2021 to apply for the Delhi Judicial Exams.
An individual candidate can appear for the exam for a maximum of 6 attempts or the age of 32, whichever is earlier.
The Delhi High Court has released 75 vacancies for the post of Civil Judge for the year 2021.
No. The Delhi Judiciary Vacancy has 75 posts released by the Delhi High Court that are bifurcated into 3 divisions based on the category of the candidates. For the General Category, SC category, and ST Category, 33, 15, and 27 seats are vacant, respectively.
The recruitment process consists of 3 stages: the prelims, the mains and the personality test or the interview.
- Delhi High Court SPA Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- Bail in Case of Non-Bailable Offence
- Important Judgements For Judicial Services Examination
- Article 21: Important Judicial Decisions On Different Dimensions Of Article 21
- Attorney General for India vs Satish & Another – Summary
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.