GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test is a gateway to Management Courses around the world. GMAT is conducted by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) for admission to nearly 7000+ Management Courses in various Business Schools around the world. The Graduate Management Admission Council is an International Non-profit Organization of business schools that provides products and services to academic institutions and prospective graduate management education students. The GMAT Exam, used by more than 2,100 institutions and universities around the world. Every year hundreds of students apply for the Exam and go to study the Management Programme abroad. Let us dig deeper into different aspects of the GMAT Exam 2019.
- GMAT Exam 2019 – Scheme of the Examination
- What’s the Order of the GMAT Sections?
- GMAT Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude & Verbal Ability
GMAT Exam 2019 – Scheme of the Examination
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a 3 hour 7 minutes long Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) intended to assess the Analytical, Quantitative, Writing, Verbal, and Reading Skills in Written English for admission to a Graduate Management program for example MBA in Universities all round the Globe.
The GMAT Exam comprises of these following four sections:
- Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)
- Integrated Reasoning (IR)
GMAT is a Computer Adaptive Test (CAT). Adaptive Tests are those in which the testing software adapts to the test taker’s performance as he/she progresses through the test. This implies that the performance on each question will determine the difficulty level of the upcoming few questions in the exam.
Therefore, GMAT scores are calculated on test taker’s ability i.e. on the basis of the difficulty level of questions that he/she solves correctly and not just the number of questions that are right. Only Verbal & Quantitative sections are computer-adaptive and IR & AWA are not adaptive in nature.
No. of questions
|Analytical Writing Assignment (AWA)||1 essay||Argument Analysis & Communication in the form of a critique||30 minutes|
|Integrated Reasoning (IR)||12 multiple choice||Two-Part Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphic interpretation, Table Analysis||30 minutes|
|Quantitative||31 multiple choice||Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||62 minutes|
|Verbal||36 multiple choice||Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction||65 minutes|
What’s the Order of the GMAT Sections?
Since July 11, 2017 GMAT takers have the option to select the order of the sections of test from 3 options, given as below. The break is of 8 minutes duration and optional. If you feel, you don’t need a break, you can continue with your GMAT exam.
- Order 1: AWA – IR – Break – Quant – Break – Verbal
- Order 2: Verbal – Break – Quantitative – Break – IR – AWA
- Order 3: Quant – Break – Verbal – Break – IR – AWA
GMAT Exam 2019
The GMAT score range varies from 200 to 800, with the highest GMAT Score being 800. GMAT is scored in increments of 10. (for example – 700, 710, 720 and so on).
GMAT Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude & Verbal Ability
GMAT Exam 2019 – Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
|Averages||Algebraic Expressions & Equations||Circles|
|Decimals||Arithmetic and Geometric Progression||Coordinate Geometry|
|Descriptive statistics||Exponents||Lines and Angles|
|Mixtures and Alligations||Inequalities and Basic Statistics||Rectangular Solids and Cylinders|
|Multiples and factors||Monomials & Polynomials||Triangles|
|Number properties||Permutation & Combination|
|Pipes, Cisterns, and Work & Time|
|Powers and Roots|
|Profit and Loss|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Simple and Compound Interest|
|Speed, Time, and Distance|
GMAT Exam 2019 – Verbal Ability Syllabus
|Subject-Verb Agreement||Strengthen and Weaken Argument|
GMAT Exam 2019 – Registrations
You can register for the GMAT anytime between 6 months and 24 hours before you plan to take the Exam. However you won’t be able to find a slot at the last moment.
There are 4 ways to register for the GMAT
- Postal Mail
Most people register online for the GMAT. Here is how you can register for the GMAT in 7 steps:
- Step 1: Sign up on MBA.com
- Step 2: Start the GMAT registration process
- Step 3: Enter your personal information
- Step 4: Enter optional information
- Step 5: Verify Your Profile
- Step 6: Schedule your GMAT exam
- Step 7: Pay the GMAT registration fee
This was all from us in this blog of “GMAT Exam 2019”. We hope that you like the information provided in this blog and are able to also benefit from it.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now