SBI PO 2018 Mains Exams are over. Previously, we have shared with you the SBI PO Mains exam analysis and expected cut offs. With that you will get an idea of your chances to get through the SBI PO Mains and be selected for SBI PO Interview. As per the official notification, the SBI PO Mains result might be out on 20th Aug and candidates would be invited for interview and group exercises from 24th Sep to 12 Oct 2018. These are however tentative dates. Today, we bring to you few interview tips for SBI PO 2018 that will help you ace the interview process. These tips will be helpful for other banking interviews too.
Interview Tips for SBI PO 2018
- Plan: Once you receive your call letter for the interview, make a check-list of all the documents required, decide what you’re going to wear for the interview, get an idea of the time and venue well in advance.
- Prepare: Visit SBI official website and read about the bank and processes. Knowing about the hiring bank always gives you an upper hand and confidence.
- Stay updated: Read newspapers every day and stay updated about the latest happenings. Pay special attention to news related to Finance, Banking and Business.
- Rehearse: It’s a good idea to practice mock interviews at your home to boost your confidence. Rehearse for the interview with the help of your family members or friends.
- Be punctual and neatly dressed: Make sure you arrive at the interview venue well before time and are dressed neatly and appropriately.
- Be confident and polite: The interview panel usually consists of 4-5 well-experience professionals from the banking sector. Make sure you knock before entering and greet them politely with a smile. If the interviewer shakes hands with you, grip it confidently but do not tighten the grip.
- Keep it simple: Last but not the least, be yourself and do not seem over-confident or desperate for the job. If you don’t know the answer to the question, say you don’t know. Try not to speak too fast and lastly thank the panel before leaving the room.
Interview Tips for SBI PO 2018 by Govind Upadhyay (Cleared SBI PO 2017)
In his own words,
- Prepare everything about yourself. Your birthplace, your name, your present place of residence, your hobbies and interests etc.
- Know your family background: The interviewer(s) can ask questions about the occupation of your parents.
- Your educational background: Most importantly the subjects of your graduation (or Post-graduation, if done). You need to prepare the basic concepts of the subjects you had studied during your graduation or post-graduation, as the interviewer(s) can ask you questions from there, you never know. This can also be the ground to the ‘infamous’ Question, “Why Banking, after B. Tech or Maths or Biology?”
- Your work experience, in any: Be prepared for questions related to your work profile. This can also lead to the follow up questions as to why you want to join Bank after working in IT or HR etc.
- Also important is Banking Awareness, which you would already have prepared during the Mains Examination
- Next is, General Awareness. This will include big news makers of the past month. Big news makers like Demonetization, the Union Budget, US Election etc; it will also include Flagship schemes of the Government, such as Beti Bachao, Bati Padhao, Make in India, etc.
Read his complete strategy for Banking Interviews.
Important Interview Tips – Watch Video
Hope these interview tips for SBI PO help.All the best.
- Join EDGE Pro Course for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here