The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently announced 926 vacancies for the recruitment of Assistants in RBI in various branches across India. The Prelims phase of the exam is scheduled to take place on 14th & 15th Feb 2020. Candidates aspiring to join RBI are already neck-deep into the preparations to crack the exam and land their dream-job with RBI. Here in this blog, we have brought for you RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy to help you with your daily studies. Without any further delay, let us start with the blog and see the section-wise preparation plan for the prelims of the Assistant exam.
RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy 2019-20
What to Expect?
Let us have a look at the questions that were at the focus in the last recruitment cycle. This will give us a better understanding of the types of questions to expect in the prelims phase of exam to be conducted in Feb 2020.
English language: As usual the reading comprehension and Cloze test formed half the total section of the English language. The rest of the 20 marks were evenly distributed between sentence improvement, phrase replacement, sentence joining & Para jumbles.
Reasoning Ability: Reasoning ability, as usual, challenged the students on the moral ground giving them a hard time in solving the questions. 20 marks were allotted to the puzzles which eventually formed half of the paper was of moderate level(grid-based & arrangement based puzzle were the focus), remaining questions were distributed between input/output, Blood relation, data sufficiency, inequality & critical reasoning.
Numerical Ability: This section tested the students more on trick grounds although the questions were simple and direct but needed a smart approach. Data interpretation questions were easy scoring and there were 15 of them, remaining build-up compiled data sufficiency, quadratic equations, simplifications and few arithmetic based misc. questions.
With the 2019-20 notification out, aspirants’ main focus diverts to what to prepare for positively and what are the topics that are of utmost importance. Here, after this brief analysis, we can pave our way to a better learning and focussed approach.
RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy – Section-Wise
Let’s have a look at the section-wise preparation strategy for the prelims phase of the exam. We have already discussed what could be expected in this years’ examination keeping in mind the previous years’ pattern.
Before starting the preparation for the examination, it is very important to understand the exam and make a rigorous schedule to follow. This will push you to break boundaries and eventually will help you attain your goal.
English Language – RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy
- Reading comprehension & Cloze Test are no doubt a vital part of the English section and forms most of the part of this section. But this habit is not built overnight. A consistent effort and persistence are required to achieve a good reading speed and eventually summarizing what you have read. This is not a difficult task if one gets focussed on it.
- Start with reading newspaper daily, mostly the economic and editorial section. This will widen your circle and also help you in staying to date with the latest general awareness.
- Summarize what you have read and try to figure out what questions could be expected form that very paragraph.
- Refer to online classes, video lessons or books to master the basic concepts for para jumbles, phrase replacement.
- Grammar and sentence correction would require to be quick and accurate as they are scoring topics and one can save a lot of time once mastered.
- Stick to the schedule prepared for self and you will be able to crack the section.
Numerical Ability – RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy
- This section requires a subtle yet vigorous approach. Questions in the exam are more of a tricky rather than being typical.
- Prepare a schedule for your self that will focus on every topic that can be there in the exam. For your help here you find the complete syllabus for all the sections.
- Practice Data Interpretation (Focussed on Arithmetic topics like TSD, Time & Work, etc.) daily to get a good grasp over different types of DI that could be asked during the exams.
- For basic concepts of important topics do follow our expert faculties and learn from the best.
- Consistent practice is the only thing that will help you sail through the section.
Reasoning Ability – RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy
- This section is more of a tricky and often time-consuming if the approach gets distorted in the way. One has to practice at least 40-50 questions daily in order to attempt questions of each type.
- Switch the topic on a daily basis so that you can prepare more types of questions from every topic.
- Be thorough with the types of question you go through, this will help you retain more and score more on the main day of the examination.
- Reasoning Puzzle Questions
- Practice English Grammar Questions Here
- Practice Blood Relations Questions Here
- Most Important RBI Assistant Reasoning Questions
RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy – Mock Tests
Mock Tests are undoubtedly the best way to prepare for any examination, be it from scratch or master any topic. It is very important to know where you stand before starting an approach to soothe yourself. Mock Tests not only analyses your performance but also provides you with a better self-analysis. We, at Oliveboard, are here to do just that. We are bringing a full-fledged online course RBI Assistant Cracker to help with the preparations for the RBI Assistant exam. This course would cover all the basics for every section from scratch which will help you stay in the race with those who have already attempted the test before.
RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy – Mock Test Features
- Live Classes
- Live Practice Sessions
- Sectional Tests
- Oliveboard Analytics (To help you analyze your performance after every mock test)
- Top Faculties and much more.
You can avail all this and much more only on Oliveboard’s Edge platform. What could be a better time to go for the course than this as we are offering New Year Offer on all our Edge plans. Enroll Now and get 50% + 30% instant off, no coupon code required.
That was all from us in this blog RBI Assistant Preparation Strategy 2019-20 for prelims exams. Join our full-fledged course and realize your dream of becoming an Assistant in RBI. Keep checking this space for more information and exam related contents.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test