LIC AAO Job Profile: Recently Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) released the notification for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) with a vacancy of 300 posts. It has invited online applications from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment to the post of AAO (Generalist/ IT/ Chartered Accountant/ Actuarial/ Rajbhasha). The last date for online registration/application is the 31st of January 2023. But before you register for the Exam, it is very important to know the job profile of the post that you are applying for. So, in this blog, we will be bringing to you all the important information about the LIC AAO Job Profile. You will come to know the nature of duties as well as responsibilities that a LIC AAO performs after the recruitment.
LIC AAO Job Profile
LIC AAO is primarily an administrative job with various other responsibilities that varies according to the department they work in. As an aspirant for a LIC AAO job, it becomes extremely important that you are aware of those. This blog will provide a broad idea of the LIC AAO Job Profile, Duties, and Responsibilities of a LIC Assistant Administrative Officer. First, let us look at the various departments in the LIC office because the duties and responsibilities of an AAO may vary as per the department. The following are the different departments:
- Information Technology
- Marketing / Sales
- New Business
- Policy Servicing
LIC AAO Responsibilities
- LIC AAOs have to help the Administrative Officer or the head of the department in supervising the general functioning of the department.
- An assistant administrative officer is in charge of inspecting and analyzing currently running policies.
- Responsible for planning new schemes and/or policies.
- Processing policy applications.
- Creating and maintaining databases
- Interacting with prospective customers, sales personnel, vendors, etc.
- Also responsible for claim processing, both filing, and management of claims that come his way.
- Responsible for interacting with clients and resolving their queries.
- They need to communicate across various departments and coordinate work.
- Need to perform other duties from time to time as specified officer-in-charge.
- They have to perform any task assigned by the department head.
- Negotiating with Agents/Development Officers.
- AAOs undertake underwriting jobs sometimes.
- Since it is an administrative job, procuring business is not among the responsibilities of an AAO.
A candidate after appointment shall be on probation for a period of one year from the date of joining. This period may be extended up to two years. During the period of probation, the candidates will be subjected to continuous assessment as per the Corporation’s extant policy. If any candidate fails to achieve the minimum standard stipulated his/her services may be terminated as per the policy of the Corporation in force at the material time.
Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give the undertaking to serve LIC for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including the probationary period) failing which, he/she or his /her heirs, executors, administrators will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs.5,00,000/-only (Rupees Five Lakhs only) + GST or the sum of amount the Executive Director (Personnel) may prescribe from time to time. GST or any other tax payable shall also be borne by the candidate. The candidate will have to submit a Deed of Indemnity and surety at his cost, duly stamped and notarized, the stamp value of which will be as applicable to the State in which the deed is executed by the candidate.
LIC AAO Job Profile: Conclusion
We hope that you like the information provided in this blog of LIC AAO Job Profile. You can start your preparation for LIC AAO 2023 Exam with a free Oliveboard Mock Test for the prelims. Click on the link below to register for a free Mock Test.
LIC AAO Job Profile: Frequently Asked Questions
The LIC AAO 2023 registration process starts on 15 January 2023.
The LIC AAO 2023 registration process will close on 31 January 2023.
LIC AAO 2023 exam will be conducted in 3 stages – Prelims, Mains and Interviews.
The LIC AAO 2023 Prelims exam will be tentatively held on 17 February 2023 and 20 February 2023.
The LIC AAO 2023 Main exam will be held on the 18th of March 2023.
The starting basic pay of a LIC AAO is ₹53,600/-.
LIC AAO has a probationary period of 2 years.
Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give the undertaking to serve LIC for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining.
- 2 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- National Pollution Control Day 2023, Theme, History, Objectives
- World Computer Literacy Day 2023, History, Theme & Significance
- International Day for the Abolition of Slavery 2023, Theme & History
- APAAR One Nation One ID Card, Complete Information
- Legends League Cricket 2023 – Schedule, Venue, Teams
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.