Missing number series is an important topic for various bank & government exams like Bank PO, Bank Clerk, RBI, SSC CGL, etc. In this article, we’ll be looking at some missing number series problems which have appeared in the last 5 years of SBI Clerk Exams. We’ll also discuss some tricks to solve these questions in the minimum time possible.
Table of Contents
Last 5 Year Missing Number Series Questions – SBI Clerk | Download PDF
Aspirants can download the ebook using the link given below and watch the video solutions using the video embedded below.
Last 5 Year Missing Number Series Questions – SBI Clerk | Video Solution
Here is our expert mentor solving these past 5 year missing number questions in the most subtle way. Take a look.
What are Missing Number Series?
Missing number series is a series where one term is left for the aspirant to understand the pattern and find out the missing number using mathematical operations. A better approach to solve these questions is to identify the pattern or the formula used to create the series.
The different type of sequences and series are:
- Arithmetic sequence – A sequence in which each term is obtained by adding or subtracting a definite number to the previous number is known as the arithmetic sequence.
- Harmonic sequence – A series of a number in which the reciprocals of all the terms of the sequence forms an arithmetic sequence is known as a harmonic sequence.
- Geometric sequence – A series in which each term is obtained by dividing or multiplying a definite number to the previous number is known as the geometric sequence.
- Fibonacci’s sequence – A sequence in which each number is obtained by adding two previous terms and the sequence starts with 0 and 1 is known as the Fibonacci sequence. Sequence is represented by F0 = O and F1 = 1 and Fn = Fn -1 + Fn -2
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Sneak Peek Into the Ebook
Few of the questions covered in the ebook are –
1. 2, 3, 7, 16, 32, ?
Ans – 57
- 2+12 =3
2. 120, 24, 6, 2, ?, 1
Ans – 1
3. 2, 4, 11, 37, 153, ?
Ans – 771
- 2×1+2= 4
- 11×3+4= 37
- 37×4+5 = 153
- 153×5+6 = 771
4. 3, 10, 22, 39, 61, ?
Ans – 88
Explanation – Here, Difference of Difference is 5
- 10-3= 7
- 22-10= 12
- 39-22= 17
- 61-39= 22
- 88-61= 27
5. 8, 4, 4, 6,12, ?
Ans – 30
- 8x 0.5 =4
- 6x 2=12
- 12x 2.5 = 30
Attempt Oliveboard Free All-India mock already taken by thousands of aspirants for all exams.
- SBI Clerk Mains Score Card & Cut Off 2023 Out
- SBI Clerk Mains Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Check Junior Associate Result
- SBI Clerk Mains 2022 Expected Cut Off | Know Here
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series