The NMAT 2017 exam process is currently on. The exam is conducted over a 75 day window which started on October 5th this year. The first few slots of exam delivery are over and here we bring to you an analysis of the exam to help those who would be taking the tests in later slots.
NMAT 2017 : Exam Analysis NMAT 2017 Exam Analysis
The exam came without any surprises in terms of structure and difficulty. The paper was in sync with that of the last year.
- No negative marking
- Test takers could choose the order of attempt
- Question sets were different for different test takers
NMAT 2017 Section-wise Analysis : Quantitative Skills NMAT 2017 Exam Analysis
This section was moderately difficult. Out of a total 48 questions asked, following were the topics from which most questions were asked in that order:-
- Data Interpretation (majority of the questions were from this)
- Number System
- Data Sufficiency
- Modern Math
NMAT 2017 Section-wise Analysis : Language Skills NMAT 2017 Exam Analysis
Difficulty level of this section was easy to moderate. Out of a total of 32 questions asked, following were the most prominent topics:-
- Reading Comprehension : About 2-3 sets were asked which were moderately lengthy but were easy to read.
- Fill in the blank
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
NMAT 2017 Section-wise Analysis : Logical Reasoning NMAT 2017 Exam Analysis
This section was comparatively easy. 30+ attempts with a good accuracy level could be considered a good attempt. Some prominent question types in this section were:-
- Critical Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
Note that this analysis is based only on the few slots of the NMAT 2017 exam and the numbers may vary. However, this can give you a good idea of what to expect in the subsequent slots.
NMAT 2017 : Previous Year’s Cutoffs NMAT 2017 Exam Analysis
The cut-offs for various regular flagship programs at the 3 locations (Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bengaluru) based on NMAT 2016 were as below:
- NMIMS Mumbai: 208
- NMIMS Hyderabad: 190
- NMIMS Bengaluru: 190
Hope this helps.
All The Best!
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO SSA Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test