The (United India Insurance Company) UIIC Office Assistant Mains 2017 examination is scheduled on 23rd of October 2017. We congratulate the ones who have cleared the prelims and are appearing for the upcoming mains exam. Here, we bring to you a complete guide on UIIC Mains 2017 exam.
UIIC Mains 2017 – Exam Pattern
|Section||No of questions||Max marks||Medium||Duration|
Negative marking: For each wrong answer 1/4th marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Candidates must secure minimum marks in each of the sections and further qualify in regional language test, before final selection. Regional language test will be qualifying in nature. Final selection will be based on performance in main exam and regional language test.
UIIC Mains 2017 – Syllabus in Detail
|Reasoning||English Language||General Awareness||Numerical Ability||Computer Knowledge|
Test of Direction Sense
Problem on Age Calculation
Cubes and Dice
Grouping Identical Figures
Fill in the Blanks with Models, Articles etc.
Answering questions based on Unseen Passages
Questions relating to India and its Neighboring Countries pertaining to
Current Affairs (National and International)
Major Financial / Economic News
Budget and Five Year Plans
Books and Authors
Awards and Honors
Science – Inventions and Discoveries
International and National Organizations are some related topics
Time & Work
Profit & Loss
Simple & Compound Interest
Time & Speed
LCM and HCF
Date Interpretation like Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart.
Basic knowledge of computers
Text Formatting of the Paragraphs
Insertion of Table
Skill to Print and Save
Browsing and Downloading
Use of pen drive, and other software etc.
Programs of accounting, etc.
Word Processing (MS-Word)
Spread Sheet (MS-Excel)
Presentation Knowledge (MS-Power Point)
MS Access and Usage of Internet Services
UIIC 2017 Mains – Tips for the Exams
- Get the basics clear
Get a strong hold of the basics for each topic. Study concepts in order, especially for the numerical ability section as many topics are interconnected.
- Stick to your study plan
You might be already following a study plan. As the last few days are very important, ensure that you stick to it. Do not skip any section and focus on areas that you are less confident at. Include revision and practice tests during the last few days so that you get an edge over the topics.
- Online Mock Tests & Analysis
As mentioned above, practice as many mock tests you can during the last few days. Try to attempt 1 full-length UIIC mock test daily, if possible. After every mock, do an analysis of speed and knowledge. Practice the questions you couldn’t crack again and again. Spend some extra study hours on topics that you are finding difficult to solve. Analysing mock tests will also help you identify your strong and weaker areas. Thus, you will be able to pick topics to attempt in the exam easily.
- Time Management
Time management is important for every competitive exam and UIIC Mains is no exception. You need to clear the sectional as well as overall cut off for the exam. Besides, there is negative marking for every wrong answer. Therefore, answer carefully and only if you are confident. Pick easy and less time-consuming topics so that you can score more numbers and then move on to the rest. Reasoning and Numerical Ability are the most time-consuming sections. To stay in the safer side, plan few extra minutes for both these sections. While you are practicing the mock tests, focus and try to improve your speed and accuracy.
UIIC Mains 2017 – Section-wise Tips
- Reasoning – Start with topics like inequality, syllogism, blood relations, alphanumeric series so that you can complete more number of questions in less time and score higher
- Reasoning – Focus more on puzzles/arrangements, inequality, blood relations, syllogism, coding-decoding during preparation as these topics will cover maximum number of questions and proper practice is necessary
- English – Focus more on topics like cloze test, fill in the blanks as these are less time consuming and will help you score more
- Numerical Ability – Practice topic-wise test for numerical ability along with sectional and full-length tests. Also, focus on common arithmetic problems like time and work, simple and compound interest to improve your numerical ability score
UIIC Mains 2017 – Last Minute Tips
- Practice as many mock tests as possible
- Analyze them properly
- Revise all the concepts
- Do Not try to learn something very new
- Maintain consistency in your study hours
- Stay healthy and focused
Hope this helps. We wish you all the best for upcoming UIIC Mains 2017 exam.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test