Reserve Bank of India offers one of the most prestigious career opportunities for banking aspirants. The RBI Assistant exam is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to recruit candidates for the post of Assistants. RBI Assistant examination comprises of a preliminary exam, a mains exam, and a Language Proficiency Test (LPT). This is a golden opportunity for aspirants who want to work for India’s central bank. The preliminary exam was successfully held on February 14 and 15, 2020. Mains Examination is one of the most important and toughest hurdles. To excel in this stage we will get you acquainted with the last-minute tips for the RBI Assistant Mains Reasoning Section. This will enhance your chances of clearing this stage of the exam.
The Mains examination of RBI Assistant was scheduled to be held on March 29, 2020, but due to the Novel Coronavirus outbreak, the examination had been postponed. The new exam date for RBI Assistant Mains has been released by RBI. Now, the exam will be conducted on November 22, 2020. The exam is around the corner now and to ace this stage, the reasoning is one of the most important sections to improve your score. This section is considered lengthy, tough, and tricky by the candidates because of the complex nature and the time taking questions. It evaluates the thinking capability, reasoning intelligence, and potential of decision-making in a candidate. However, at the same time, by following a preparation strategy, an aspirant can turn this section into a most scoring section.
This exam is a test of the speed and accuracy of a candidate. Also, this stage is not like the RBI Assistant Prelims which is just qualifying in nature. The total score of the mains examination is considered for the final merit list which makes this stage of the exam pivotal.
1. RBI Assistant Examination Pattern for Mains 2020
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of
|Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|4||Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
|5||General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the objective tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Aspirants get around 40 to 45 seconds for each question. Hence, there is some time pressure and along with that, accuracy is also essential. Hence, a candidate is expected to maintain accuracy along with time management.
2. Syllabus and Weightage for Reasoning Section
Reasoning is covered under the Reasoning Ability section and 40 questions are asked. The accuracy is the most important factor here. To improve the accuracy for the reasoning section in the RBI Assistant mains, conceptual knowledge as well as a smart study plan to prepare the topics is required. Along with this, the candidates are expected to have a clear idea of the syllabus and weightage of the important topics.
The important topics of the section, the number of questions, and the level of questions for the RBI Assistant Mains Reasoning Section are mentioned below:
|Important Topics||No. Of Questions||Level of the questions|
|Seating Arrangement and Puzzles||8 -10||Moderate-Difficult|
|Data Sufficiency (Two Statements)||5||Moderate-Difficult|
|Alphabet Based Series||5||Moderate|
|Ordering and Ranking||2||Moderate|
|Machine Input Output||3||Moderate-Difficult|
Apart from these topics the other topics like Number Series, Analogy, Direction Sense, Statement Reading, Odd One Out, Scheduling, Slots Based questions, etc. are also expected. The difficulty level of these questions can be between moderate to difficult.
Questions of moderate level are a bit tricky and hence requires a maximum amount of focus and attention.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
3. Last Minute Tips for RBI Assistant Mains Reasoning Section
1. The reasoning section evaluates the reasoning intelligence and logical approach which is required to improve problem-solving skills. Therefore it is required that aspirants should work more on logical skills. This can be easily done by practicing questions and quizzes.
2. Realizing the mistakes and making honest efforts to improve is the best possible way to tackle any topic. Identify your weak areas and spend most of the preparation time to convert them into strong areas.
3. Identify your strong areas in this section. This can be easily figured out by practicing more and more mock tests. Try to solve as many as questions which seem complex and time-consuming to you.
4. Do not take stress, this will not turn in your favor for your exam even if you are well-prepared for it. Keep yourself calm and confident enough to face the test.
5. Identify the less time taking and more time taking problems in the question paper and attempt the less time taking ones first as these are comparatively less complex. Make sure that all these less time taking questions are attempted as there are fewer chances of making mistakes in such questions which will easily increase your cumulative score.
6. Read every word with maximum attention and consider all the possibilities while attempting any question.
7. First try to attempt the questions which are asked on relatively easy topics and then go for complex and difficult questions.
8. Candidates often fail to attempt all the questions of the exam on time due to poor time management. Do not spend more time on questions that are difficult no matter how versed you are in that particular topic.
9. Puzzles, Seating Arrangements, Input-Output, etc. are time – consuming but they are asked in sets and you need to solve the logic behind it. This takes time and these are more mistake-prone questions. Hence, it is advised to attempt these after the relatively easy ones.
10. Any area or topic in this section can be improved by more and more practice and by analyzing the mistakes the were made. Mock tests by Oliveboard will surely help you give a hands-on experience of the exam.
11. Try to practice previous years’ exam papers and analyze the pattern and types of questions asked. This is essential as this will make you acquainted with the pattern of questions and will help you to prepare a better study plan and exam strategy.
12. Do try to avoid time pressure as it will hamper your performance.
13. Aspirants are advised to plan their day in a way that they can utilize all the free time. You should plan the rest of your day considering the strong areas and the areas you need to revise.
14. A checklist is essential before an exam. Make sure that you are carrying the necessary printouts and documents with you. Be prompt with time and try to avoid the last-minute hassles. This will help you to save the last-minute hassles while you start for the exam.
These are the last-minute tips to maximize your score in the reasoning section. As the countdown for the exam has already started, try to implement these tips in your preparation and make sure that you will give your best. The exam is days away from now, so do not forget perseverance is the key to achieve the goal. All the best!
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum – For more queries, you can directly join our telegram channel. Our experts will definitely help you.
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- SBI PO Mock Recruitment drive – Thrill of full Recruitment process – Register Now
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE mock Test Now
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here