Topper Strategy by Aneesh J
“Believe in yourself, work hard, work smart and passionately present your best self to the world.” It was the same attitude followed by Aneesh J, who successfully cracked the RBI Grade B 2022 exam. By meticulously planning and judiciously utilizing limited study resources, he successfully cleared all phases of the exam. Aneesh has shared with us all the subject-wise as well as the phase-wise strategies that he had followed during his preparations. Let’s read about his pearls of wisdom here in his success story!
RBI Grade B 2022 Topper Strategy by Aneesh J
Here is the complete Topper Strategy by Aneesh J:
Educational & Work Background
“Aneesh had done an integrated MA in Development Studies from IIT Madras (2021 Graduate). He also worked in the public policy think tank from June 2021 to April 2022. I had earlier interned with an Agri-fintech startup in the past.
My Strategy for Phase 1
Check out the detailed subject wise strategy for phase 1 below:
Aneesh depended entirely on the affairs cloud website and Oliveboard Bolt. I did a holistic preparation keeping in the mind the syllabus of ESI for Phase 2. I devoted my maximum amount of time to GA preparation with 4 full revisions of the last 6 months of Current Affairs.
Quantitative Aptitude & English
I did no extra preparation. I solely depended only on Oliveboard mock tests and sectional tests.
I focused only on chapters in which I was strong and ignored the chapters which I was not comfortable with. I used mock tests extensively to develop a strategy for this section. Also depended on some banking test books selectively to update me with the latest pattern of questions. I was extensively dependent on YouTube lectures and Oliveboard sectional tests. for the Reasoning section.
For the subjects of Quant and Reasoning, identified the questions I could complete in the first iteration, for those that needed a second iteration, I kept them for the last.
Phase 1 Pro Tip
The Phase 1 preparation had to be minimal, just enough to clear the sectional and the overall cut-off marks. My focus was still on completely covering the Phase 2 syllabus.
My Strategy for Phase 2
Check out the section wise detailed strategy below:
I depended entirely on Oliveboard study notes with some background reading from google.
I did some preliminary reading from Oliveboard study notes. Subsequently went through some selected videos from Mrunal sir’s YouTube channel and gathered some background information from google.
Economic & Social Issues (ESI)
I covered the static part was covered from Oliveboard study notes, Youtube playlists and UPSC notes available online. Current affairs preparation was integrated with Phase 1 preparation. Didn’t prepare government schemes from end to end but instead noted down all government schemes in the news for the last 6 months and prepared notes covering the scheme details. Also, tried to read the news item published regarding the scheme on the PIB website.
No separate preparation was done for the descriptive English paper. I had to integrate descriptive answer writing preparation with my note-making strategy as explained below due to a shortage of time.
Notes Making Strategy
I focused on making digital notes on google docs and used the Grammarly extension to do a grammar check. This made it possible to update my static syllabus notes with current affairs and also improved my typing speed. These notes were a self-written summary of ideas mentioned in Oliveboard notes and other sources, which greatly improved my writing skills. This I believe was an efficient way for practicing descriptive writing instead of doing daily practice.
My Strategy for Interview
I prepared every line given in my profile very well. I read about the recent developments in the banking and economy space (I am a regular reader of mint newspaper), Revised ESI and Finance notes once again, and read RBI annual reports, Governor’s speeches, and other policy notes on the RBI website.
How did Oliveboard help in this Journey?
Phase 1: Oliveboard’s mock tests and sectional tests helped me sail through the Phase 1 paper with whatever limited time I had. The quality of the questions was quite good and they prepared me very well for the actual exam. Oliveboard’s bolt magazine, although quite a lengthy magazine by itself, is brilliant for selective reading.
Phase 2: Oliveboard’s ESI & FM study notes were concise and to the point for the most part. These notes helped me stay within the scope of the exam and are more than enough for finance and management preparation. ESI static syllabus is covered very extensively in Oliveboard’s notes which provided me with a solid base for extra reading and provided sufficient material for phase 2 descriptive answers.
Interview: The mock interview session with Raja sir and Gopal sir was very insightful. Although the scheduled mock interview time was for 30 minutes, Gopal sir stayed on for another 15 minutes and explained many functions of RBI in detail. He also nudged me to read the RBI website extensively, which ultimately helped in my interview. I can’t thank both of them enough for their time and guidance
Last but not the least, all the Oliveboard faculty and staff which whom I came in contact during the last 3 months period were extremely professional and cordial. Thanks to them for their support in this journey.
Some Words of Wisdom for Future Aspirants
Phase 1 has no impact on the final selection. It is just a round before Phase 2. So always keep Phase 2 in mind when you do GA preparation for Phase 1. Complete the Finance and Management syllabus one time before Phase 1, and start preparing for Phase 2 immediately after the Phase 1 exam. Don’t waste valuable time waiting for Phase 1 results. Even if you are not feeling confident about your preparation, try to give your best with whatever you know. A perfect attempt may never happen. Get into the habit of making digital notes if you are already not doing it. 200 out of 300 marks in Phase 2 is for descriptive writing and you need good, error-free typing skills to score maximum marks here.
This is all from my side. All the best for your preparation journey!
RBI Grade B Preparation Material – Free Ebooks
Hey aspirants!! We have specifically kept this section for the free ebooks. Here, you will get all the topic-wise ebooks. We will keep on updating fresh and new ebooks on different topics so do not forget to bookmark this blog. To download this ebook, all you need to do is log in. Also, download RBI Grade B 2023 Memory-Based Papers below:
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 GA Answer Key Ebook
- Get RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Objective Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Descriptive Questions Answer Key Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Final Revision of Important Govt Schemes for RBI Grade B – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 – Download
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 – Download
- Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
- Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog – Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
- Get a FREE Ebook on Key Highlights from Economic Survey 2022-23
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 1 FREE Ebook
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
- RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 – Download FREE
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 – Download FREE
- FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
- Five-Year Plans Free Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
- Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
- International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
- Export-Import Policy Free Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE
- Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
English Language Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
- Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
- Top 135 One-Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Preparing for Regulatory Exams? Need regular updates of CA, Notifications, Free Ebooks, YT Sessions, and More, then Join Our Regulatory Whatsapp Channel.
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
|NABARD Grade A Notification
|IRDAI Assistant Manager Notification
|SEBI Grade A Notification
|IFSCA Grade A Notification
|SIDBI Grade A Notification
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Result 2024, Download Merit List
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Previous Year Cut Off 2024, Check
- Indian Navy Agniveer SSR Apply Online 2024, Direct Apply Link
- 24 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- KEA VAO Recruitment 2024 Notification Out For 1000 Posts
Hello there! I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Regulatory Bodies, Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors!