Nikhil Barhate, our RBI Grade B 2022 topper, is an IIM Indore alumni and has a solid 4 years of work experience in reputed private banks. His preparation journey proves that being organized, disciplined, and focused can work wonders. He has shared his detailed strategy for all the phases of the RBI Grade B exam. Read his success story to understand better and then curate one for yourself.
Table of Contents
- RBI Grade B 2022 Topper Strategy by Nikhil Barhate
- FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
- Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
RBI Grade B 2022 Topper Strategy by Nikhil Barhate
Educational and Work Background
I have completed my Mechanical Engineer from the College of Engineering Pune and an MBA from IIM Indore.
Post engineering, I worked for three years as an EPC consultant with Black & Veatch.
Post-MBA, I worked for one year as a Wealth Manager with the HDFC Bank and currently I am working as a Manager in the mid-corporate group of ICICI Bank.
My Strategy for Phase 1
General Awareness: I strictly restricted my preparation to
- Monthly GA of around 6 months prior to Phase-I exam,
- PIB news, RBI publications and any financial news related to regulators from around 9 months prior to the Phase-I exam
QRE: I solely depended on taking up mock tests at regular intervals and their thorough analysis afterwards.
My Strategy for Phase 2
I divided my Phase-II preparation into 3 stages:
1. Focus was on covering the syllabus plus preparing the notes
2. Multiple revisions
3. Descriptive practice
Finance: I covered the static portion and simultaneously prepared the notes for last-minute revision.
The dynamic portion (current affairs related to Finance) was covered on daily basis along with the GA preparation and jotted down the facts and figures from various reports/indices/RBI directions/speeches by RBI personnel etc for utilizing them in descriptive practice.
Management: I covered all the topics from the entire syllabus, but my focus was on preparing the notes for the multiple revisions.
ESI: My focus was on covering the dynamic portion (current affairs related to ESI) along with the GA preparation on daily basis. I prepared my notes in which I covered the facts and figures from various reports/indices.
Also prepared notes covering the latest and other important government schemes for last-minute revision as well as to utilize them in descriptive practice.
I covered the ESI static portion at last.
My Strategy for Interview
I divided my interview preparation into 3 stages:
1. Covering the Bio-data form in-depth: I framed multiple questions on every point added in the bio-data form. I took help from friends and panellists from the mock interviews to know the probable questions out of the points added in the form. This majorly included the HR questions.
2. Covering the Basics Again: I covered the technical aspects/concepts, and general awareness questions that were currently in news or were being discussed by say RBI or the government related to finance and economy, RBI website etc. I also framed the opinions on various open topics.
3. Questions on Career Choices: Prepared the questions that were very specific about the career choices like why RBI, which department in RBI etc.
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Ebooks on Quantitative Aptitude
Ebooks on Reasoning
Ebooks on the English Language
How did Oliveboard Help in this Journey?
1. RBI Grade B Courses: I subscribed to one of the RBI Grade B courses by Oliveboard. The course offered detailed notes for the preparation of a Descriptive paper. This course helped me in descriptive answer writing a lot. Also, for English essay writing, I referred to the sample essays provided in the course.
2. Mock Tests: For Phase-I and Phase II, I took Oliveboard’s mock tests. I must say, the quality of mock tests was up to the mark that essentially provided comfort during the actual exam.
3. Mock Interview: The mock interview helped me a lot in terms of improving the answer delivery during the actual interview. Panellists provided valuable feedback in terms of coverage of the extra content that might be asked during the interview.
Some Words of Wisdom for Aspirants
Just stay consistent during the whole journey of preparation because it does check your patience a lot.
Also, try to be agile as much as possible in terms of the strategy that you will carve out for yourselves because there is no perfect strategy to achieve the end goal.
Do not forget to check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
Join Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Telegram Channel for daily free study material and quizzes for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager
DOWNLOAD THE RBI, NABARD, SEBI Prep App FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
The app provides comprehensive study material in form of online courses to ace these examinations.
The study material ranges from online LIVE classes, video lectures, study notes, revision sessions, past year papers, topic tests, the objective plus descriptive mock tests, mock interviews, and much more.
List of Exams
1) RBI Grade B Generalist Posts
2) SEBI Grade A Generalist Posts
3) NABARD Grade A Generalist Posts
4) NABARD Grade A IT Officer Posts
5) NABARD Grade A Agriculture Officer Posts
6) NABARD Grade B Posts
7) SIDBI Grade A Officer Posts
8) FSSAI Recruitment – For Technical officers, Food Safety Officers, and Assistants
Get free video lessons, mock tests, and GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
- JAIIB Practice Book – JAIIB Genius | Free Weekly eBook
- Weekly Current Affairs 2023, Download PDF
- UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- UPSC NDA 2 Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Check
- Impact of Globalization on Agriculture Ebook for NABARD Grade A
I enjoy creating SEO-friendly, information-rich marketing content. Cooking is therapeutic! I like to cook and eat it too!