Topper Strategy by Samyak Bhandari
Our RBI Grade B 2022 topper, Samyak Bhandari, has secured an all-India rank of 10. He strongly believes that no exam is bigger than life. He has shared his preparation strategy and tips. Read on the complete topper strategy by Samyak Bhandari to understand better.
RBI Grade B 2022 Topper Strategy by Samyak Bhandari
Here is the complete Topper Strategy by Samyak Bhandari:
Educational & Work Background
“I am a qualified Chartered Accountant. I have done three years of articleship and also have five months of professional work experience in one of the big fours in tax and regulatory advisory companies. I am currently working in one of the world’s largest cooperative societies in the corporate finance team.”
My Strategy for Phase 1
Check out the subject wise detailed phase 1 strategy of Samyak Bhandari below:
“For GA, I mostly relied on the monthly magazines of the coaching institutes. Being a working professional and taking out time for multiple general awareness sources did not seem to be an optimum choice.
However, to have comprehensive coverage, I used to attempt mocks/pdf tests of other coaching institutes so as to identify areas that were not covered in the magazines to which I was referring. For this, I used to jot down the topics to cover them later.”
Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning
“Quants and Reasoning had been one of my strongest areas as I find myself quite comfortable with numbers and puzzles. I have not specifically gone through each and every topic rather I started my preparation with sectional tests and mocks.
Post attempting the tests, I used to analyse the areas which I should focus upon more and used to learn short-cut tricks to solve those questions on YouTube.”
“For English, I used to take up mock tests and later spent time analysing those mocks with detailed answers so as to identify areas on which I should focus more.”
My Strategy for Phase 2
Check out the subject wise detailed phase 2 strategy of Samyak Bhandari below:
Economic & Social Issues (ESI), Finance & Management
“For ESI and FM current affairs portion, my strategy was the same as mentioned for the General Awareness section of Phase 1. This was supplemented with coverage of PIB articles.
For the static portion of FM, I felt that my Chartered Accountant (CA) course and professional work experience had a significant role to play as I had a good understanding of the majority of topics. For other topics, I applied the reverse learning concept by first giving tests/ mocks and later reading those concepts in detail.”
“I did not prepare for descriptive English specifically for this exam as I had fair experience in drafting thanks to my work experience at one of the big fours wherein the majority of my time was invested in drafting advisory notes and e-mails.
However, I did practice a few questions (RC, essay and precis writing) a few days before the exam on a not-so-good keyboard to have an actual exam-like experience with the interface.”
My Strategy for Interview
“Out of the 3 phases, I felt that the interview was the stage where I had put in all the effort that I could. The extreme interview score range of last year i.e., 3 to 73 marks out of 75 marks haunted me. I felt that the interview is the decisive factor for someone to clear the exam.
- Being a working aspirant, I started my interview preparation with the previous year’s transcripts and later on the transcripts for this year as they were also shared due to health and supporting the competition.
- I used to mark the questions that I could answer convincingly and confidently as I need not refer to them again.
- For other topics on which I had little or no idea, I made a word file of such topics in a table format and put in the brief summary/answers to those topics.
- I also tried to cover facts and figures in the word file. The word file (approx. 30 pages) helped me a lot during the last few days before the interview.
- I also attempted 4-5 mock interviews so as to gain confidence and identify technical areas on which I should focus upon.
I prepared crisp and precise answers for HR questions such as:
- Tell me about yourself,
- Why RBI,
- Why do you want to leave your current/previous jobs?
- Why we should hire you?
- What things do you bring to RBI?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Which department in RBI would you prefer?
My actual interview went well and to be true enough better than I expected, thanks to my confidence and my background.”
How did Oliveboard help you in this Journey?
“I had taken my mock interview with Oliveboard. The interview was detailed and helped me to identify areas that I should read upon.”
Some Words of Wisdom for Future Aspirants
“My suggestion to future aspirants is to have a job in hand while preparing for regulatory body exams as these exams are unpredictable and only 200-300 candidates will get the job out of 2 lakh applicants. I never believed in preparing full-time for these exams. Remember, no exam is bigger than your career and life.”
RBI Grade B Preparation Material – Free Ebooks
Hey aspirants!! We have specifically kept this section for the free ebooks. Here, you will get all the topic-wise ebooks. We will keep on updating fresh and new ebooks on different topics so do not forget to bookmark this blog. To download this ebook, all you need to do is log in. Also, download RBI Grade B 2023 Memory-Based Papers below:
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 GA Answer Key Ebook
- Get RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Objective Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Descriptive Questions Answer Key Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Final Revision of Important Govt Schemes for RBI Grade B – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 – Download
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 – Download
- Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
- Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog – Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
- Get a FREE Ebook on Key Highlights from Economic Survey 2022-23
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 1 FREE Ebook
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
- RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 – Download FREE
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 – Download FREE
- FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
- Five-Year Plans Free Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
- Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
- International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
- Export-Import Policy Free Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE
- Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
English Language Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
- Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
- Top 135 One-Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Preparing for Regulatory Exams? Need regular updates of CA, Notifications, Free Ebooks, YT Sessions, and More, then Join Our Regulatory Whatsapp Channel.
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
|NABARD Grade A Notification
|IRDAI Assistant Manager Notification
|SEBI Grade A Notification
|IFSCA Grade A Notification
|SIDBI Grade A Notification
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Result 2024, Download Merit List
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Previous Year Cut Off 2024, Check
- Indian Navy Agniveer SSR Apply Online 2024, Direct Apply Link
- 24 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- KEA VAO Recruitment 2024 Notification Out For 1000 Posts
Hello there! I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Regulatory Bodies, Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors!