With the completion of SBI Clerk Prelims, the Clerk Mains will be conducted in many cities across the country. SBI Clerk mains is conducted for candidates qualifying for the preliminary exam. With the help of a proper study plan, it is easier to crack the mains exam. In this blog, we will provide you with SBI Clerk mains Exam Strategy, which will help you analyze how you can attempt the exam and what your preparations should be.
- SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern:
- SBI Clerk Mains Exam Strategy 2020 – Section-wise Approach:
- SBI Clerk Mains Exam Strategy – Few Things To Keep In Mind
- SBI Clerk 2021 Mains Exam: General Tips and Tricks
- SBI Clerk 2021 books
- SBI clerk Mains Cutoff 2019:
- SBI Clerk Mains 2021 exam date:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern:
First of all, let us get a clear idea of the mains exam pattern:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Computer and Reasoning Ability||50||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- The questions will be of objective type.
- The test will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi, except for general english.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th for each wrong answer.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Strategy 2020 – Section-wise Approach:
Let us dive deep into each subject saparately for the better preparation of SBI clerk mains 2021.
Computer and Reasoning Section Approach – Mains Exam Strategy:
- A total of 50 questions are asked from this section which constitute 60 marks. Remember that this section can help you immensely in increasing your overall marks in the Mains Exam.
- Take up a sectional test every 2-3 days so that you get a grip over the entire section and also can draft a rough strategy to solve the entire section in 45 minutes. Analyze the complete sectional test once you are done with the test. Analyzing will give you an idea about the questions that you were not able to solve and also their solutions.
- A lot of Puzzles and sitting arrangement type questions are asked in the paper. Do practice a few puzzles daily so that you get in the habit of solving them and can do the same in the exam in minimum time.
- The Reasoning focuses more on Puzzles, Input-output, Data Sufficiency, Decision-making, Coding-decoding, and Critical Reasoning. The questions on Critical Reasoning don’t take a lot of time to answer and can be easily worked out.
- Computer Aptitude – Do not focus much on computer awareness as mostly it will consist of questions which will be logical, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Attempt Topic Tests whenever you feel you are struggling with a topic in the Reasoning section.
General/Financial Awareness –Mains Exam Strategy:
- Make sure to read and revise the current affairs for the past six months prior to the exam. Especially economy and banking related topics.
- Take up GA quizzes on a daily basis. These will help you retain and remember the current affairs.
- Common questions asked from the Banking industry, the Indian Economy, stand Current Affairs.
- Thorough knowledge of banking terminology is a must for the SBI Clerk, where this is targeted.
- Read newspaper articles, it will help you with CA as well as english.
English Language – Mains Exam Strategy:
- Brush up your Grammar Basics. These will help you solve many of the grammar-based questions with high accuracy.
- Keep taking sectional tests to have a grip over the complete section.
- After you are done with the above things then you can go for the New Pattern English Tests to practice the latest type questions that are being asked these days in the Banking Exams.
Quantitative Aptitude – Mains Exam Strategy
- Build Up rock-solid concepts by practicing enough.
- Practice each topic in varying difficulty levels to establish a comfort level.
- Take full-length mock tests to build and refine your exam attempt strategy and understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Start with the practice of basic concepts and topics like Percentage, Profit & Loss, SI & CI, and average.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Strategy – Few Things To Keep In Mind
- In the first two sections of GK & English, where time is not much of a constraint, one will need to be thoroughly prepared across all topics. Hence, try and prepare for all topics under GK and English with separate practice for each topic to develop a sense of comfort in solving all types of questions.
- Quant + Reasoning: Since speed is the key here, practicing is key to improving your speed. Practice sectional tests with separate timings for each section to see how many you are able to solve. Here it is important that one solves all questions they are comfortable with first and then move onto the more difficult ones to maximize attempts and strategy in limited time. Click here to take sectional tests of 50 questions & 45 minutes for Quant & Reasoning.
- Make sure you are taking online tests for practice along with a timer that allows you to monitor not just the time you spend on each section but also the time spent on each question to analyze where you are getting stuck.
- Thus, while preparing for mains, your focus should be to maximize scores in each section.
SBI Clerk 2021 Mains Exam: General Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to clear the SBI exam.
- Dedicate one hour daily for reading newspapers
- Dedicate time for revising and practising shortcut tricks for Quant.
- Build up your vocabulary and General Awareness on daily basis
- Keep proper track of your speed and accuracy
- Practice sectional tests and quizzes
- Attempt mock tests as often as you can
- Go through the SBI clerk Previous Year paper to get familiar with the exam pattern and type of questions.
SBI Clerk 2021 books
|Subject||Preferred Books by toppers|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal|
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||A Modern Approach to Verbal and non-verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal.|
New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
|English Language||High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin|
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
|General Banking Awareness||Manorama Year BookLucent General Knowledge|
SBI clerk Mains Cutoff 2019:
To get a better idea of the cutoff marks in SBI clerk prelims, here we are providing you the official cutoff marks. Analyze these marks, and plan your strategy accordingly.
|State||SBI Clerk Mains cutoff (General)|
SBI Clerk Mains 2021 exam date:
The State Bank of India has postponed the clerk main examination 2021 until further notice. The SBI clerk main exam was scheduled to be held on July 31, 2021. The bank has not notified any new exam dates yet. Candidates can check the official notification at the official website of the bank Sbi.co.in.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Depends on how strong your concepts are. If your concepts are clear, then you just need practice for those 10 days, you can surely crack it.
The exam was previously scheduled for 31st July, but due to the covid situation, the date has been postponed. Keep checking the official website for new updates.
Yes, you can apply for the exam if you are in the final year of a three-year degree program.
Yes, absolutely. Mock tests help you to get a better idea of the actual exam, it also helps you to practice better for the actual exam.
Practice as much as you can, but make sure to analyze your result thoroughly.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें