The Preliminary Exam of SBI PO 2019 is scheduled to happen on 8th, 9th 15th & 16th of June 2019. With just 10 days left for the SBI PO Prelims 2019 Exam, it is high time that revision be given its due importance. Revision is of utmost importance for any exam and for a competitive Exam like SBI PO, it is even more important to have your revision plan ready. The ability to recollect the right concept/ trick/ formula in the Examination Hall will aid you in answering the questions and ultimately increasing your marks. Lakhs of aspirants will compete for a total of 2000 vacancies. And this sums up the need for the revision and attempt strategy as well as a list of section-wise scoring topics, Study Plan for these last 10 days and Time Management in the Exam. Go through the blog SBI PO Prelims 2019 – Revision and Last Minute Tips in its entirety to take advantage of the tips provided in the Exam.
First of all let us go through the SBI PO 2019 Prelims Exam Pattern.
SBI PO Exam Pattern – Prelims
Name of the section
No of questions
|1||English Language||30||Total Maximum Marks 100||20|
SBI PO Prelims Call Letter
Commencement of Call letter Download: 17-05-2019
Closure of Call Letter Download: 09-06-2019
SBI PO Prelims 2019 – Revision and Last Minute Tips
Important Things to do in these Last 10 Days
- Take Mock Tests – The first and the foremost things is to take Mock Tests and analyse them once you have taken them. Try to score maximum in these tests and do not repeat the past mistakes.
- Analyse Previously taken Mock Tests – Also take out time and analyse the Mock Tests that you have taken previously. Learn from your mistakes done in those sections/questions. Try not to repeat those mistakes while taking new Mock Tests.
- Learn & Revise Short Tricks – Revise short tricks from various platforms & Youtube channels for the Quantitative Aptitude section such as revise the tables, Square roots, cube roots, quick calculation techniques, BODMAS rules etc.
- Revise the Formulae – Revise the Basic Maths formulae for various topics such as Percentages, Ratio & Proportion, Speed, Time & Distance, Mensuration etc.
- Synonyms & Antonyms – Refer Thesaurus for Synonyms and Antonyms for Double Fillers and RCs.
- Practice Weak Topics/Sections – Practice those topics that you find yourself weak in. Take Topic Tests.
- Take Sectional Tests – Give Speed Tests and Sectional Tests to gain even more confidence in particular sections.
- Make your strong subjects/Topics even stronger by practicing extensively.
Attempt Strategy & Scoring Topics in Exam
- Quantitative Aptitude
As per your strengths and weaknesses you can choose the topics that you need to attempt first in the Exam. As per our understanding you can one can choose the topics in the order given below.
- Simplification & Approximation based questions
- DI – Look into the questions and then solve them with accuracy. Go through the questions first and solve the easier ones.
- Quantity Comparisons
- Quadratic Equations
- Arithmetic Word Problems (Solve it in the end)
- Double/Single Fillers Least Time Consuming
- RCs – Solve vocabulary-based questions (High Scoring areas)
- Error detection (not easy as it sounds)
- Phrase Replacement
- Other Questions
- Blood Relations (Complex questions are being asked)
- Syllogisms (Attempt all if these types of questions are asked)
- Data Sufficiency questions
- Coding & Decoding Questions
- Puzzles (Solve atleast 1 from 3 puzzles)
- Give Mock Tests daily in the first 7 days.
- No Mock Tests in last 1-2 days.
- Take Daily quizzes, speed tests, Topic Tests, Sectional Tests.
- Practice and try mastering your strong subjects – Competitive Exams are all about scoring good in your strong topics/ Subjects/ Areas
- In the last few days do not focus/emphasise too much on the scores of Mock Tests. It may discourage you.
Keep your Call letter, recent passport size photograph, Photo identity proof (Original + Photocopy), Ball Point Pen (all things that are mentioned in your call letter to carry on the day of exam) in your bag before the day of exam so that you may not forget any of these in hurry. It is better to reach the Examination Centre in advance than getting late. So, leave early to avoid getting stuck in the traffic.
- Call Letter
- Photograph (if mentioned)
- ID Proof
- Ball pen
- Reach the center in advance
This was all from us in this blog of SBI PO Prelims 2019 – Revision and Last Minute Tips. We hope that you like the content provided in this blog “SBI PO Prelims 2019 – Revision and Last Minute Tips” and would be able to take benefit from the above given tips and strategy. Before you take the actual exam, do devise an attempt strategy for exam as to what kind of questions have to be attempted in the beginning and how much maximum time has to be allotted to a particular type of question. The same can be done while taking and analysing Mock Tests.
You can visit Oliveboard’s Discuss Forum to interact with fellow aspirants of Banking and Government exams and learn from your peers.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test