Topper Strategy by Veerella Ravichandra
Read the success story of Veerella Ravichandra, a former TCS employee for three years. He left a lucrative job to prepare for RBI Grade B. He appeared for RBI Grade B Exam 2018 and then 2021. Go through Topper Strategy by Veerella Ravichandra for each phase and his perseverance.
RBI Grade B 2021 Topper Strategy by Veerella Ravichandra
Here is the complete Topper Strategy by Veerella Ravichandra:
Educational & Work Background
I’m Ravichandra, an engineering graduate (2014) with 3 years of work experience in TCS. I resigned in mid-2017 to prepare for competitive exams. I have appeared for RBI Grade B in 2018 and 2021. I attempted the RBI Grade B exam in 2018 without much preparation, leading to disqualification in Phase 1. The success in the second attempt (2021) was due to a multitude of factors like – accumulated knowledge over economic, social and financial aspects during the course of preparation, descriptive answer writing practice and a good preparation strategy.
My Strategy for Phase 1
I focused more on attempting as many mock tests as possible and maintaining good accuracy in reasoning and general awareness. I used memory techniques like mental maps, pneumonic, etc. for remembering the general awareness section.
My Strategy for Phase 2
Check out the subject wise strategy for Phase 2:
Government schemes, Budget and Economic Survey are the major sources for objective type preparation. For the descriptive part, I prepared a list of probable questions from the syllabus and framed the answers with 3-4 subheads and bullet points under each subhead.
I revised the management portion multiple times as we tend to confuse and forget various management and leadership theories. Having conceptual clarity in finance helped me in solving MCQs. The technique of anticipating probable questions and preparing the answer structures helps in the descriptive part.
I have prepared content for about 15-20 essays across 3-4 themes based on the previous papers. I used data and examples from current affairs while presenting the essay. In precise writing, I remembered the basic rules and practised 4-5 questions.
My Strategy for Interview
I have read about RBI, its functions, departments, latest statutory reports, speeches, etc. from RBI Website. For gaining knowledge about current events of social and economic importance, I used to read one business newspaper apart from the regular news daily. I prepared a list of probable questions based on bio-data and practised answers for each of them. Having discussions among peer groups helped me in refining some of my answers. I have taken 4 mock interviews to know the gaps in interview preparation.
How did Oliveboard help me in this journey?
The mock tests conducted by Oliveboard for both Phase 1 and 2 are of high quality and follow a similar style and pattern to the RBI. The post-test analytics helped me in identifying strong and weak areas. The mock interview session conducted by Oliveboard with ex-RBI employees gave an insight into the expectations of the board and helped me in improving the structure and delivery of answers.
Some Words of Wisdom for Future Aspirants
Having an integrated preparation plan for both Phase 1 and Phase 2 is important as it is difficult to master answer writing in a few days. Practising more mock tests helps in building confidence, identifying weak areas and improving scores. Enjoy the process of learning without having undue tensions about final outcome. Begin, Believe and Become. Best wishes for your journey.
Hope this Success Story of Veerella Ravichandra inspires a lot more success stories to come.
RBI Grade B Preparation Material – Free Ebooks
Hey aspirants!! We have specifically kept this section for the free ebooks. Here, you will get all the topic-wise ebooks. We will keep on updating fresh and new ebooks on different topics so do not forget to bookmark this blog. To download this ebook, all you need to do is log in. Also, download RBI Grade B 2023 Memory-Based Papers below:
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 GA Answer Key Ebook
- Get RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Objective Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Descriptive Questions Answer Key Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Final Revision of Important Govt Schemes for RBI Grade B – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 – Download
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 – Download
- Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
- Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog – Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
- Get a FREE Ebook on Key Highlights from Economic Survey 2022-23
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 1 FREE Ebook
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
- RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 – Download FREE
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 – Download FREE
- FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
- Five-Year Plans Free Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
- Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
- International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
- Export-Import Policy Free Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE
- Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
English Language Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
- Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
- Top 135 One-Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Preparing for Regulatory Exams? Need regular updates of CA, Notifications, Free Ebooks, YT Sessions, and More, then Join Our Regulatory Whatsapp Channel.
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
|NABARD Grade A Notification
|IRDAI Assistant Manager Notification
|SEBI Grade A Notification
|IFSCA Grade A Notification
|SIDBI Grade A Notification
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Result 2024, Download Merit List
- Indian Navy Agniveer MR Previous Year Cut Off 2024, Check
- Indian Navy Agniveer SSR Apply Online 2024, Direct Apply Link
- 24 February 2024 Current Affairs in English
- KEA VAO Recruitment 2024 Notification Out For 1000 Posts
Hello there! I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Regulatory Bodies, Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors!